Page 61 of 288 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now these sickos are talking about trading silva.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BREAKING NEWS: Toronto FC officially announces Luis Silva being traded to the Montreal Impact. In return, Toronto FC will receive a first round draft pick and an undisclosed amount of allocation funds.

A message along those lines will make me hire 16-18 hitmen to take care of this entire organization.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    f

Wow, just wow. Just imagine what TFC could get from Chivas for Silva.
    I don't think Chivas even has any assets left that are worth Silva unless they want to permanently trade us their first round selections. Plus I'd like to see us actually hold onto a talented player for once. I'm sure if Chivas has anything of value left, they can be tricked into trading it for a lot less than our best domestic player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva is easily the most exciting player on the roster we have had for the last 2 years. I rather see us building around him, than trade him to fit some transient system we would be trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I don't think Chivas even has any assets left that are worth Silva unless they want to permanently trade us their first round selections. Plus I'd like to see us actually hold onto a talented player for once. I'm sure if Chivas has anything of value left, they can be tricked into trading it for a lot less than our best domestic player
    The only way I see Silva being traded is if TFC signs DP AM. Chivas obviously doesn't have anything TFC wants, but however, I could see other teams offering quality players to fill our needs (wide players, a striker, LB). We got a lot of holes to fill in this roster and signing a DP AM (Payne kind of hinted this might happen in summer time) means Silva will become expendable (to be honest, there's no player on TFC is untouchable) and an asset to make a big trade.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way I see Silva being traded is if TFC signs DP AM. Chivas obviously doesn't have anything TFC wants, but however, I could see other teams offering quality players to fill our needs (wide players, a striker, LB). We got a lot of holes to fill in this roster and signing a DP AM (Payne kind of hinted this might happen in summer time) means Silva will become expendable (to be honest, there's no player on TFC is untouchable) and an asset to make a big trade.
    Silva is not expendable. You want depth. What if this DP AM gets a long term injury? There is no one else on TFC roster that can play AM like Silva. (Bostock probably could, but he's not proven in MLS)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Silva is not expendable. You want depth. What if this DP AM gets a long term injury? There is no one else on TFC roster that can play AM like Silva. (Bostock probably could, but he's not proven in MLS)
    There's going to be a lot of players (hopefully quality players) coming in summer window which will result in a lot of current players leaving (waived, end of their loans and possible trades). So it's hard to answer your question (we could possibly be getting players who can play AM at times as well).
    Last edited by TFC07; 05-14-2013 at 08:22 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's going to be a lot of players (hopefully quality players) coming in summer window which will result in a lot of current players leaving (waived, end of their loans and possible trades). So it's hard to answer your question (we could possibly be getting players who can play AM at times as well).
    you'd be hard to find a player like Silva who is a domestic, cost 75k in cap hit and is already familiar with TFC and MLS. He's probably most bang for buck player on TFC right now.

anyone else TFC gets in summer in AM is likely an international, has higher cap hit than Silva and don't know MLS and likely won't be effective right away.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooooooooooo....................what other team could do with Califf?

Philly?

DC?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Sooooooooooo....................what other team could do with Califf?

Philly?

DC?
    Vancouver... montreal if Nesta is out even longer. Colorado and its injury bug. Portland could use some depth too

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver... montreal if Nesta is out even longer. Colorado and its injury bug. Portland could use some depth too
    Could we get any quality in return? If so, who?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    Could we get any quality in return? If so, who?
    At this moment, Califf's value is pretty low. He's not a starter for a crappy TFC team. Has 150k cap hit, plus 33 yrs old.

If Califf is on the market, other GMs would assume it is a salary dump move on TFC's part. You might get small allocation or a 2nd rd/supplemental draft pick. Maybe a depth player

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this moment, Califf's value is pretty low. He's not a starter for a crappy TFC team. Has 150k cap hit, plus 33 yrs old.

If Califf is on the market, other GMs would assume it is a salary dump move on TFC's part. You might get small allocation or a 2nd rd/supplemental draft pick. Maybe a depth player
    Your speaking like your an industry expert. Califf has alot going for him. Hes the type of guy a portland type team could use to just add into their solid mix.

Again with Silva. Like guys. I know because of everyone elses lack of creativity on the team makes what he does seem special but it really isnt.. TFC does lack that, but we can and will find others. Silva makes 2-3 slick balls a game and then does nothing else but struggle to keep up with Nellys system. Hes not slow, its just hes got no agility. No acceleration. He cant change direction. Hes clever enough to make up for that offensively by keeping defenders honest. But tracking his man, cutting off passing lanes and pressuring the ball he looks like hes out of his league. Payne talks about wanting athletic players and Silva isnt one of them.

Hes been played at 3 different positions the past few weeks. Means he doesnt have a spot and they are evaluating if they can find a spot for him (cause he is on a cap friendly salary). Chivas will overpayy for his heritage. Hes from Cali and would favor the move (after his rookie deal is up or by some point he WILL end up there guaranteed.)

I want jose Correa. Cheap young. Latin...(shoot we dont really have the flexbility to bring in another international..... wait with two new dps..... assuming they will be international (cough the 1.5-2 year guy could be Hercules). We are screwed international wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you'd be hard to find a player like Silva who is a domestic, cost 75k in cap hit and is already familiar with TFC and MLS. He's probably most bang for buck player on TFC right now.

anyone else TFC gets in summer in AM is likely an international, has higher cap hit than Silva and don't know MLS and likely won't be effective right away.
    Maybe so, but however, Silva himself hasn't played well recently and isn't exactly a superstar. He's 24 years old and there isn't much more upside left in his game to improve compare to someone like Bostock (Assuming he stays in Toronto and actually makes more an effort in the defensive end).

Right now, Silva value is high enough to get you a good piece to help you in other area while you sign a better AM (DP level) who most likely make a bigger impact than Silva ever could make in a game.

As for depth, you can fill with cheap young players with upside. Bostock could be that guy or it could be someone else who's capable of playing AM to fill in case of injury. Not every international player is going to be a starter. So it isn't a big issue as some people make it out to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might get a depth winger out of it if we're lucky. But you're right, probably a draft pick and allocation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    But tracking his man, cutting off passing lanes and pressuring the ball he looks like hes out of his league.
    Probably because he's played AM his whole career so he hasn't had to do much of that. Because of weaknesses elsewhere in the squad we haven't been able to deploy him as a straight up CAM very much. It would be incredibly foolish to trade him because he doesn't fit into this makeshift team rather than wait until we can form a solid roster and thus afford the luxury of playing him in a more advanced role.

edit: saying a 24 year old has no upside is ridiculous. Not every player peaks at 25, much less 23 year old rookies. Give me a break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is our best American player, lets not start trading our only blue chip asset that has any value to other teams in the league.

Avila to me has no substance, seems to float in and out of games, nowhere near as good like Silva who can produce with more consistensy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Osorio can play the same role just fine, particularly if he's a sub to a DP attacking midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Probably because he's played AM his whole career so he hasn't had to do much of that. Because of weaknesses elsewhere in the squad we haven't been able to deploy him as a straight up CAM very much. It would be incredibly foolish to trade him because he doesn't fit into this makeshift team rather than wait until we can form a solid roster and thus afford the luxury of playing him in a more advanced role.

edit: saying a 24 year old has no upside is ridiculous. Not every player peaks at 25, much less 23 year old rookies. Give me a break.
    Nelsen doesn't even like playing with a straight up central attacking midfielder. That's why Silva doesn't have a real place on this team. Everyone knows he's too good to sit on the bench, so he's been tried all over the place. But I don't think he fits Nelsen's system. Which is why I made the prediction he'd be traded. Look, if Silva was the answer, Payne would not be floating around the idea of a DP central midfielder.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we are yet seeing Nelsen's true preferred system. I think he's playing a system to go with who and what we have.

E.g. He's not tied to 2 forwards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think the best we could get for Califf is an international spot, allocation, or maybe a second round draft pick at best. I can't see us getting a player unless it's someone who has really fallen out of favor at his current club or has an ass-ugly guaranteed contract. Or Payne is a magician. Whichever.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way I see Silva being traded is if TFC signs DP AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDamage View Post
    Last edited by Red I; 05-15-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although Tim Lieweke had some connections with Lampard going from his LA days I doubt it would be him. I read all those interviews with Lieweke saying he wanted to talk to Payne about getting a big time DP in to 'grow the brand' like he did with LA into a worldwide (ie. Asian) marketable franchise and although Lampard is a fairly big player, he isn't the guy to sell a few million $$$ worth of jerseys. Won't happen soon but I expect in a few years someone of a massive caliber to do just that.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wish it was Lampard, but no chance. Frank is resigning before the weekend with Chelsea.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Wish it was Lampard, but no chance. Frank is resigning before the weekend with Chelsea.
    I know - he wants a new deal because Mourinho is coming back to the Bridge. Wishful thinking on my part, believe me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Nelsen doesn't even like playing with a straight up central attacking midfielder. That's why Silva doesn't have a real place on this team. Everyone knows he's too good to sit on the bench, so he's been tried all over the place. But I don't think he fits Nelsen's system. Which is why I made the prediction he'd be traded. Look, if Silva was the answer, Payne would not be floating around the idea of a DP central midfielder.
    He doesn't like it, or he doesn't think he can do it effectively with the players he has?

Besides, we played 4-4-1-1 for the first 4 games of the year. Silva would be a perfect CF. He would have played there if he wasn't injured I bet.

The DP central midfielder was only described as "creative". He would be the playmaking CM to partner Laba as the defensive CM, with Silva playing off the ST. No issue there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking the older DP is going to be somebody playing currently in Spain, and I'm thinking that's where the creative part will come from.

Look at 29 - 33 year old non Defensive Middies at Barca or Real. It would cost us a mint for Iniesta so I'm thinking not him. Although he would be by a mile the best player EVER in this league.

The younger DP I think is going to be a forward, from somewhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ my bet would be that it's not Real or Barca. I don't see anyone on either squad that is old enough to come or doesn't have other better options if told to leave.

I'd look at Valencia, Malga, etc.. For someone who is talented but just a little older where a MLS squad would pay more than a European side would.

Joaquín of Malga ticks a lot of those boxes IMO. It would be incredibly pricy but do-able. Also heard he is on a free this summer (if memory serves). It's similar to that other guy from Spain who was linked with Seattle earlier this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Joaquín of Malga ticks a lot of those boxes IMO. It would be incredibly pricy but do-able. Also heard he is on a free this summer (if memory serves). It's similar to that other guy from Spain who was linked with Seattle earlier this year.
    Verdu at Espanyol.

Neither of those guys are coming. They would cost millions, but don't put fans in the seats. They are the kinds of players that wind up at teams like Schalke, Lyon, Fulham, Fiorentina.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”