Page 6 of 288 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andmat View Post
    Luke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman
    Ryan Nelsen says Bostock on loan til end of his Spurs contract in summer then becomes a TFC player
    So he's NOT another stop gap/loan player?

He's made this team?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    So he's NOT another stop gap/loan player?

He's made this team?
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's the official word, in an effort to keep his confidence up. Surely, he must know that if he shits the bed, we're likely not going to keep him on, following the expiry of his loan-deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morlesio14 you going to the game? Also i got banned from Hf boards LOL
    I should be banned from it by now. I won't be able to go to the game today because I'm leaving for mont trem-blant to ski. I will be going to the game in Montreal and many more at the BMO. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched the latest interview with Nelsen, and if that's the only place Wileman got that from, I'm not sure Nelsen means they've locked into a deal with Tottenham to make Bostock a permanent TFC player.

Nelsen basically said "I'm not exactly sure but he's a Tottenham player until his deal expires in July, so he's on loan until then, and then he comes on with us". Then in Bostock's interview, a reporter asks about the terms and says Nelsen was a bit unclear, and Bostock says "I'm not sure of the exact terms but I'm on loan until July and then we'll see, we'll progress from there".

Sounds to me like it's just a loan with an option to buy, probably the same as all the other loan deals we've made. It would make logical sense I think, unless Nelsen is that high on Bostock, why would Payne make him a permanent player when everyone else is on loan, even Earnshaw?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    I've made a promise to myself this season: I'll only whine about results. They can go and dig up players anywhere they please.
    Trying to do the same, also for starting XI because I am 100% sure that Nelsen knows more about football than I do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even with the win over Sporting KC we still need more firepower up front and that Argentinian DP striker will help. Imagine him and Earnshaw up front with Luis Silva in behind. Earnshaw won't score every time we play so we need others to score like Bostock, Ephrian and Silva.

If he the Argentinian DP striker does sign he will most likely play in the BMO Field home opener against LA Galaxy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like every single signing made by the regime. I'm really curious what kind of coin they're paying these guys though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of the Argentinian striker:

Luke Wileman ‏@LukeWileman Hearing Toronto FC has made progress in potential deal for Argentine forward Maximiliano Urruti. Could be done fairly soon if all goes well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't want to jinx it, but can't wait to hear announcers say Urruti GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

By all accounts if he does sign and he is good as seen on the you tube videos and from journalists who know his game watch out. Urruti and Earnshaw up front with Silva in behind. Plus, Bostock on the right and Ephrain on the left. WOW.

http://4-2-3-1.com/2013/03/06/exclus...their-next-dp/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something is up here... It feels like we have an odd man out here somewhere in attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is out if urruti signs we still have koevs intrl. Spot he'll return in july and we get rid of russell at that point in time. Cant wait to see tfc attack when this happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could it be that Bieler from KC told urruti tfc is legit .....maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    No one is out if urruti signs we still have koevs intrl. Spot he'll return in july and we get rid of russell at that point in time. Cant wait to see tfc attack when this happens
    Um we have 8 spots? 9 with Koeves>
    Bostock, Earnshaw, Eckersley, Ephraim, KoevermansDL, Lambe, T. Morgan, O'Dea, Russell
    If Urruti does sign we would have to trade for an int spot before we can sign him, Or move someone out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that case get rid of t. Morgan

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    In that case get rid of t. Morgan
    better yet, loan him to NASL/USL team
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    better yet, loan him to NASL/USL team
    Agbossoumonde is also a player we could trade for a Int spot for more then 10 years. if we need a spot bad,

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agbossoumonde is also a player we could trade for a Int spot for more then 10 years. if we need a spot bad,
    lol. 10 yrs?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. 10 yrs?
    As you see from these quotes American teams trade International spots for nothing.

Gregorio was chosen by Colorado Rapids with the 15th pick of the 2004 MLS SuperDraft. However, he elected to try his luck in Europe, signing with English club Darlington. After one year in England, Gregorio came back to the US after his rights were acquired by Real Salt Lake, then led by his former Under-17 coach, John Ellinger. RSL traded a permanent international roster slot and a first-round pick in the 2007 MLS Supplemental Draft to Colorado for the right to sign Gregorio.[2]

Gregorio was released by Real Salt Lake during the 2006 preseason.[3]

Upon graduating, Stewart was selected 19th overall in the 2002 MLS SuperDraft by Rapids. Stewart immediately earned a starting place, appearing in 23 games for the Rapids as a rookie, and adding three assists. Stewart started seven of eight games for the team in 2003, before suffering a serious knee injury that kept him out the rest of the season. Unfortunately, Stewart would suffer injury problems throughout the 2004 season as well and, combined with new competition from Nat Borchers, he did not see any playing time.

Stewart was selected 19th overall in the 2004 MLS Expansion Draft by Chivas USA. Five days later he was traded to Real Salt Lake for a permanent international roster slot. However, Stewart was not able to come back from the injuries and was placed on the season-ending injured reserve.

Int spot for 30 years
    was selected by Vancouver Whitecaps FC as their first pick in the 2010 MLS Expansion Draft [2] but he was immediately traded to Colorado Rapids for an international roster slot.[3] On July 20 in a match versus New York Red Bulls, Nyassi scored his first MLS hat-trick and his first three goals for Colorado. His fourth goal of the season came on 29 July against Philadelphia Union. Strike partner Omar Cummings set up Nyassi with a lovely through ball and the Gambian scored with a curling shot to put his side 2-0 up.[4]
    Nyassi was left exposed by Colorado in the 2011 MLS Expansion Draft and was selected by expansion side Montreal Impact.[5]
    Last edited by andmat; 03-10-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Morgan will be loaned and I think they may be working on a loan for him now and we could sign this Argentinian kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you see from these quotes American teams trade International spots for nothing.

Gregorio was chosen by Colorado Rapids with the 15th pick of the 2004 MLS SuperDraft. However, he elected to try his luck in Europe, signing with English club Darlington. After one year in England, Gregorio came back to the US after his rights were acquired by Real Salt Lake, then led by his former Under-17 coach, John Ellinger. RSL traded a permanent international roster slot and a first-round pick in the 2007 MLS Supplemental Draft to Colorado for the right to sign Gregorio.[2]

Int spot for 30 years
    Upon graduating, Stewart was selected 19th overall in the 2002 MLS SuperDraft by Rapids. Stewart immediately earned a starting place, appearing in 23 games for the Rapids as a rookie, and adding three assists. Stewart started seven of eight games for the team in 2003, before suffering a serious knee injury that kept him out the rest of the season. Unfortunately, Stewart would suffer injury problems throughout the 2004 season as well and, combined with new competition from Nat Borchers, he did not see any playing time.

Stewart was selected 19th overall in the 2004 MLS Expansion Draft by Chivas USA. Five days later he was traded to Real Salt Lake for a permanent international roster slot. However, Stewart was not able to come back from the injuries and was placed on the season-ending injured reserve.
    was selected by Vancouver Whitecaps FC as their first pick in the 2010 MLS Expansion Draft [2] but he was immediately traded to Colorado Rapids for an international roster slot.[3] On July 20 in a match versus New York Red Bulls, Nyassi scored his first MLS hat-trick and his first three goals for Colorado. His fourth goal of the season came on 29 July against Philadelphia Union. Strike partner Omar Cummings set up Nyassi with a lovely through ball and the Gambian scored with a curling shot to put his side 2-0 up.[4]
    Nyassi was left exposed by Colorado in the 2011 MLS Expansion Draft and was selected by expansion side Montreal Impact.[5]
    I'd rather either trade or loan Taylor morgan, there's no point in wasting an inter spot on a player that hardly plays. We should keep Bennett though because he has Canadian residency.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Int spot for 30 years
    Incompetence by idiots like Ellinger and Bravo (one of worst GMs ever, like worse than MoJo) is not a good example. Also, in recent years, int spots are more valuable and don't get traded for longer than 3 yrs.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A loan for T. Morgan would be nice.

If we're signing Urruti soon, Payne will probably trade for a slot, unless he loans out Morgan that quickly. If we're waiting until the summer (or we also go for those two Honduran midfielders in the summer) I think we'll probably let Russell's loan expire. Lambe is going to have to step it up to secure his future on this team; Saturday was a step in the right direction for him, he seemed better on the left than on the right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also Taylor Morgan was not on the bench for the Sporting KC, but was on the bench and played the last 15 minutes against Vancouver:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...-v-SKC/rosters

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2013-03-02-van-v-tor/rosters

In addition, TFC still have two forwards in Ashton Bennett and Justin Braun
    Last edited by moralis; 03-10-2013 at 06:25 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taylor Morgan had an ankle injury before the KC game, that's why he was ruled out for that one. No idea if they plan to trade him (or if he would have been on the bench if healthy). I doubt there's any interest for him though within MLS. He's international for US teams as well. There's a reason he was still available for TFC to select in the 4th (!) round of the supplemental (!) draft -- even though he did well on his college team & has quite amazing physical traits. Note that teams rarely sign any of their supplemental draft picks to begin with.

Now if Taylor does very well, e.g., bags some goals coming on as a sub, or does amazing in the limited reserve league games, then that raises his stock for other teams -- but for TFC as well. Who knows, we shall see. Maybe if he plays well, there will be interest for him from overseas, in case TFC needs that international spot back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incompetence by idiots like Ellinger and Bravo (one of worst GMs ever, like worse than MoJo) is not a good example. Also, in recent years, int spots are more valuable and don't get traded for longer than 3 yrs.
    upon further research, the permanent int spot trades happened because MLS changed the int spots format. back in the day, there used to be youth int spots and senior int spots. RSL traded away permanent youth int spots (which wasn't worth much). when the new int spots rules came in, instead of a reset, RSL end up stuck with permanently giving away an int spot

as for Vancouver getting a '30 yr' int spot for Sanna Nyassi, likely be a typo as that int spot should be for 3 yrs, and never been confirmed by Colorado or Caps FO (I asked a Rapids supporter about this)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Bostock, Russell and Osario playing on Saturday, it raised the number of players who have played at least one minute for the Reds in a competitive match to 131 all-time for TFC.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based solely on the what I've read and the highlight clip I can't say I'm a fan of this move for Maximiliano Urruti. He seems to have to ability to make a nice turn and get on the right side of a defender but his size could make MLS a real problem for him. If Koev comes back and pairs with Earnshaw then where will he play? Attacking mid?
    I can also see him being the type that fans would turn on quickly for not putting in the effort. My two cents.
    Last edited by Stryker; 03-11-2013 at 03:19 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    With Bostock, Russell and Osario playing on Saturday, it raised the number of players who have played at least one minute for the Reds in a competitive match to 131 all-time for TFC.
    Collecting all the autographs must be nearly impossible by now.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Collecting all the autographs must be nearly impossible by now.
    There are also 19 players including 5 players currently on the roster and 4 emergency goalkeepers who have been an unused sub on the 18 man game roster. The overall TFC alltime roster is at 151. Yeh it has been a challenge but outside of three players from the first two seasons after getting some of the new players I will have a signed photo of everyone. The elusive ones are Sam Reynolds, Tim Regan and Abbe Ibrahim.

And you can not forget the 8 head coaches and numerous assistant coaches.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 03-11-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelsen went on the MLS Extra Time podcast and talked for a bit. They asked about Earnshaw and Bostock only being on loan until the summer and Nelsen basically said "technically yes but I see them being here far beyond then".