Page 49 of 288 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    same reason that Charleston gave up Osvaldo Alonso for peanuts to Seattle. when a big team comes calling, the small team has not so much bargain power when the player wants to leave.

Ryan Richter was trialing with TFC before being signed. Usually a sign that a team is willing to let the player go. I suspect Richter may have a word with Battery GM that he'll play for Charleston, but if a bigger team comes calling, he's allowed to leave.
    Or a release clause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Farrell could end up being that too. It is probably changing, but you don't hear left and right backs getting played up that much for the Superdraft or in signing rumours. Still tends to be an overlooked position.

Having played that position, I tend to have a bias toward players that get forward....
    Despite the MLSsoccer.com hype, Farrell has been handed his jockstrap about five times already this season. Like Deshorn Brown (2 goals on 30 or so shots), he's being heavily hyped simply for starting, because there aren't a lot of draft class players getting regular time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the transfer window ends tomorrow until summer,unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat,we are stuck with this talent until july..
    enjoy boys and girls..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    the transfer window ends tomorrow until summer,unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat,we are stuck with this talent until july..
    enjoy boys and girls..
    Piss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can still pick up players who are out of contract at anytime. Although being outside the window certainly limits options.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will be a lot of European players out of contract come the end of May or early June. Payne indicated in his interview that players would be coming in then I think. We can pick up those players at any time, as ag says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, but the problem is that we have only 1 international roster spot available. I am including Danny Kovermans replacing Tyler Morgan.

8 taken up and 1 available:

Bostock, Earnshaw, Eckersley, Ephraim, Laba, Lambe, O'Dea and Koevermans

Does anyone know if TFC can loan back Ephraim and Bostock to their respective clubs early and replace them with out of contract international players? Also, how would that affect the cap?
    Last edited by moralis; 05-05-2013 at 03:19 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    enjoy boys and girls..
    "talent" is a bit too strong of a descriptor.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    I agree, but the problem is that we have only 1 international roster spot available. I am including Danny Kovermans replacing Tyler Morgan.

Does anyone know if TFC can loan back Ephraim and Bostock to their respective clubs early and replace them with out of contract international players? Also, how would that affect the cap?
    Usualy loan players can return to their parent club at any time. I would imagine at least 1, if not both, of Ephraim and Bostock will be going back to their clubs. That would free up 2 spots. Morgan really needs to be loaned out somewhere to get first team games at a lower level. I don't see any reason why TFC couldn't loan Morgan to a European club to get some game time as he's English.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post

Bostock's contract with Spurs is up this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah spring time speculation.....
    Danny K's return moves out Taylor Morgan seems to be on everyone's list.

TFC has a history of wide players who do not score, changing that must be both a priority and hopefully a factor in a designated player pursuit for summer. Every game that neither Lambe or Bostock score or even provide a strong offensive contribution must be making their long term prospects in Toronto dim.
    They are both young and therefore a convincing argument for TFC having a way to loan out players (repair the relationship with the Lynx?). Remember that a MLS International Player designation is not a permanent status. A player could apply for landed immigrant status (the Canadian equivalent to a green card) after three years. Reggie Lambe might be 24, but he already has a year in Canada...
    Hogan Ephraim, imho, is the player most likely to return to his team at loan end. Relegated QPR will be shedding big contracts and will need a roster it can afford.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think Ephraim will go back to QPR. Definitely most likely to leave right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyler Pasher: I was trying to figure out where he was because I could not find him in the academy. After searching around it appears he is playing for the Kemi Kings a 2nd league in Finland. It appears to be a free transfer. Did he just get up and leave?Will he come back to the club or has a signed a permanent contract with the Kemi Kings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Tyler Pasher: I was trying to figure out where he was because I could not find him in the academy. After searching around it appears he is playing for the Kemi Kings a 2nd league in Finland. It appears to be a free transfer. Did he just get up and leave?Will he come back to the club or has a signed a permanent contract with the Kemi Kings.
    He was dropped by TFC and has signed with Kemi.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Scotland international defender Steven Caldwell joins Toronto FC on loan

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why this short term loan is useful. He's a CD. The need back there is in FB's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider me confused as well. Would not put this high on the team's list of needs right now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Consider me confused as well. Would not put this high on the team's list of needs right now.
    I think it's essentially a trial for Caldwell. If he pans out, Califf's days are numbered
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he's better than boss, and califf so yes I would like to drop califf if caldwell is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed this seems to have come from nowhere. Not sure how he would fit in the overall picture, but this appears to be an extended trial, so there's little to lose, I suppose (aside maybe from taking away playing time from guys we want to develop like Henry and Boss).

Armen Bedakian@ArmenBedakian27mCaldwell joins Toronto FC on a short loan, a deal that expires on June 30th. He has 12 caps for Scotland. #TFC #MLS

http://sport.stv.tv/football/interna...to-fc-on-loan/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Louds of rumours in israel lately of a possible move of the great isaeli nt CB Tal Ben-Haim to Tfc...
    if that"ll qctually happen it ll be the best thing i heared lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this would push Califf even further down the depth chart unless Nelsen will use Caldwell as a RB just for shits and giggles. Seems no more than a short notice opportunity (loan) signing so not going to get too worked up about this. I'll be sad if this is intended to shop for a Califf replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IsrTfc View Post
    Louds of rumours in israel lately of a possible move of the great isaeli nt CB Tal Ben-Haim to Tfc...
    Bloody hell, maybe Nelly is going for the 8-1-1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell is solid, I like the move. I'm assuming it's loan/trial, with a permanent signing being possible if he performs. I've always been fan of an older more experienced CB paired with a younger one (don't forget O'Dea is still young and learning). If we can shed Califf and get Caldwell for around the same salary, that is a massive upgrade at the back.

While I agree we do need a LB, CB also needs to be upgraded IMHO. And just because we are upgrading one position does not mean we aren't looking at others.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Zealand International Jeremy Brockie from the Wellington Phoenix also coming in on a loan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Brockie

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/5/7...n-phoenix-loan

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Califf will be out, Caldwell and O'Dea start, Boss a sub. Conceding so many late goals, you have to start with your centre halves so this makes sense from that perspective. We really need help at left and right back too, I agree, but shoring up the middle is important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IsrTfc View Post
    Ben-Haim was playing as RB on Saturday. He can play all positions on the backline. Would be a great versatile signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just get guys that make us win.

Screw the details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    New Zealand International Jeremy Brockie from the Wellington Phoenix also coming in on a loan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Brockie

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/5/7...n-phoenix-loan
    His wiki page is impressive! Only 25, 36 caps for NZ and 16 goals in 25 appearances in the A-League (the team only has 31 Goals For in 27 matches).

The A-League is supposed to be comparable to MLS in quality and playing style, so looks like a nice move. Also his club finished dead last so hes used to that aspect as well !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling Caldwell will be used as a fullback not a centre back.