Page 29 of 288 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Much better to stack the club with prima donnas from the uk
    Did you miss the point, hence the line, those whom have been following the South/Central American flops in MLS, as well as UK'ers, what imports have actually made a big impact, Beckham, maybe, Keane for sure, Henry for sure, Nesta maybe. I was making the point of waiting until 'Officially' announced. If I had said most professional Footballers are Prima Donnas, would that be more correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Just bought Frings as well.

Only keeping them on the bench for accuracy's sake though, otherwise I'd start them too. I'd start Bendik as well but he's only 55 rated, somehow Quillan Roberts is better than him.

Wish they hadn't made Silva a LM... and a 64 at that. He'll be a beast next year hopefully.
    Lol, ya, i don't get why Bendik's rating is lower than Roberts. And also I don't know what's taking them so long to make a TFC Bostock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    I love fifa franchise but can't stand the whitecap fan creating the game. Their HQ is in BC and every year they did Dick around with TFC to the point it makes them look like a bunch of hater assholes. Eg. Earnshaw was a 70 overall before he came to TFC and now he's a 67 silva was 66 and now 64 keov was 72 now a 69 and the form of the team is -27 everyplayer on the squad is reduced no matter their performance for that week. If you don't believe me check out player rating on van. Piss off EA
    remember frings use to be rated 82 in FIFA 11, then FIFA 12 with TFC his rating dropped to 77, then now he's 70, (30? pace) i mean seriously, they're just disrespecting a legend. Seriously, fuck those bias EA workers, they tried to immitate their own stadium (BC Place), looked exactly like the real one, a fucking garbage dump (interior wise anyway).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen ^ now back to topic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Did you miss the point, hence the line, those whom have been following the South/Central American flops in MLS, as well as UK'ers, what imports have actually made a big impact, Beckham, maybe, Keane for sure, Henry for sure, Nesta maybe. I was making the point of waiting until 'Officially' announced. If I had said most professional Footballers are Prima Donnas, would that be more correct.
    lots of flops period, most MLS imports don't stick. What's telling though is that most clubs continue to look through central and South America for value. They also seem to make up the majority of the 'bargain' signings league wide.

Tend to believe the teams know what they're doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen ^ now back to topic!
    opps right right

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Leaves us with few options. For MLS to succeed we need imports. Homegrown Canadian talent is just not good enough, and the best US talent tends to migrate to Europe or prefer US based mls teams. Frankly, I am weary of the never ending player movement which characterizes MLS, and TFC. Hard to grow a solid fan base when every season we see dozens of new faces on the club, without any significant improvement in the play. Give me 11 average mls calibre players and keep them for five years, moreorless, and you will have something worth supporting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Frankly, I am weary of the never ending player movement which characterizes MLS, and TFC.
    TFC is far from the norm when it comes to player turnover. No other team overhauls their roster every year. All the top teams have had their core together for years. The problem with TFC has been continued change in management. The only constant was an inability to identify MLS talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally, Urruti didn't dress for NOB today. Could be a sign that he's actually on his way soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, Urruti is out of the lineup due to a muscle strain he got in last week's league game. Nothing serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    No, Urruti is out of the lineup due to a muscle strain he got in last week's league game. Nothing serious.
    Damn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign some player Monday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope this new Agrie player signing thing comes to an end soon. Either sign them and announce it or don't sign them and announce it.

Feels like the dangling carrot thing as a fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it kind of strange that Payne is missing in action. I don't think we have heard from him in over 3 weeks time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    I find it kind of strange that Payne is missing in action. I don't think we have heard from him in over 3 weeks time.
    I'm sure that reporting to the public is not his priority. I don't care if he's locked in Cockring's basement... As long as he does what he's been doing for the last 17 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if this true, but it seems TFC have increased their offer to Argentinos Juniors for Matias Laba to 2 million dollars from 1.5 million dollars:

Football News ‏@FootballNews013 54m Laba (Argentinos Jrs) pretendido por el Toronto FC, que lo compraría por dos millones de dólares.

https://twitter.com/FootballNews013/...58842641371136

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn this guy must be good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Not sure if this true, but it seems TFC have increased their offer to Argentinos Juniors for Matias Laba to 2 million dollars from 1.5 million dollars:

Football News ‏@FootballNews013 54m Laba (Argentinos Jrs) pretendido por el Toronto FC, que lo compraría por dos millones de dólares.

https://twitter.com/FootballNews013/...58842641371136
    wow, i hope this isn't another plata situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait for the fuds to scream about how much they hate this guy cause he never scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to trade one of our two keepers. Its screwed up how good our keepers are/have been. Kocic and Bendik are starters in the MLS. easy. Frei, less we not forget kept us in games through all of Winter tenure, when shots were raining on our goal. He is the best "shot stopper" in the league, but his box control was bad, leading to alot of our troubles on set pieces. In a league like MLS maybe having a keeper solid in his box is more important?

Anywho we need to trade one of our keepers and Silva (since his spot will be replaced by an acquisition/I think hes way over valued and that hes not that good a player with much room to grow). We could get a solid piece in return as well.

Frei is the heart and soul of the team and hasnt played in so long leaving his value very low. Roberts isnt a #2, we can grab a no name from anywhere for that.

I say in a crazy move, maybe wait until the summer July August. When Kamara and Bunbury are back. We move Bendik and Silva for a CJ Sapong. There is no way they keep all those star players who need higher salaries. Maybe theyll look to move bunbury instead, but maybe if we throw in some allocation, like the ton we got from the draft we can get him here. Sapong would be perfect atop our 4-4-1-1, and we cans lot in our little Urruti friend behind him and build from there.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Bunbury????? Here????? You're kidding, right?

Sorry... as a Canadian, I just can't stand the thought of bringing that guy over here, even if it made us contenders. NO WAY.

Also, we have enough cap room for now. Our problem is getting people to sign on the dotted line. After 6 years of Mo/Anselmi/Cochrane running the show, Payne will find it very difficult to bring in anyone. Our reputation as the "worst team in the world" will have preceded us.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-16-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    We need to trade one of our two keepers. Its screwed up how good our keepers are/have been. Kocic and Bendik are starters in the MLS. easy. Frei, less we not forget kept us in games through all of Winter tenure, when shots were raining on our goal. He is the best "shot stopper" in the league, but his box control was bad, leading to alot of our troubles on set pieces. In a league like MLS maybe having a keeper solid in his box is more important?

Anywho we need to trade one of our keepers and Silva (since his spot will be replaced by an acquisition/I think hes way over valued and that hes not that good a player with much room to grow). We could get a solid piece in return as well.

Frei is the heart and soul of the team and hasnt played in so long leaving his value very low. Roberts isnt a #2, we can grab a no name from anywhere for that.

I say in a crazy move, maybe wait until the summer July August. When Kamara and Bunbury are back. We move Bendik and Silva for a CJ Sapong. There is no way they keep all those star players who need higher salaries. Maybe theyll look to move bunbury instead, but maybe if we throw in some allocation, like the ton we got from the draft we can get him here. Sapong would be perfect atop our 4-4-1-1, and we cans lot in our little Urruti friend behind him and build from there.
    ...ummmmm what?? You're willing to trade 2 low paid starter quality young players, PLUS allocation, for CJ? That horrible resource management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"@JohnMolinaro: Nelsen said no update on Argentine forward. Hinted that his coach doesn't want to let him go. Nelsen said getting close to moving on."

Sounds like no Urruti unless Payne can work some magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post

I just mentioned in another thread how Frei's salary as a back up keeper is a waste but to be quite frank this trading sounds nuts.

From TFC's point of view:
    1. Trading Silva? He's our most influential midfielder in the offensive side of the field, not to mention his age and salary are huge positives.
    2. After this deal and once Epharim and Bostock's loans end your are putting a lot on Dunny/Hall/Bekker/Osorio and I guess Laba (if that happens). I don't see how that is a better midfield without Silva.
    3. How do you get the most out of all the $$$ you have tied up in the forward position in this senario? DK, Earnshaw, Urruti, Sapong, He Who Shall Not Be Named, and Braun?
    4. Having not played a competitive match in over a year I can't imagine Frei's value is very high.
    5. What is your plan if Bendik's form takes a dip after this trade is made?

From KC's end:
    1. As much as you or I think trading Frei is a good move there isn't a huge need for keepers anywhere in the league, least of all KC where Nielsen has been keeper of the year 2 years running. Why would they take on an expensive back up?
    2. Wouldn't obtaining a high priced keeper to sit on your bench offset cap space created for KC in this deal?

Oh and one other thing.....FUCK BUNBURY!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argentina Pesos are worth .20 cents per every 1 Canadian dollar.

So if they're asking for 2 million, it would come out as $398,394 CDN. Thats not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a few available players this sumemr which might better than waiting on Maximiliano Urruti or paying for another player. Mind you I wouldnt care either, because its an improvement but for just throwing a few names here's a few:

Babacaye Sodade, is a free agent.

Ian Hume, might be available this summer. He was with Doncaster in League 1

Marcus Haber, might be available this summer. He spent the season with Stevanage in League 1.

Simeon Jackson, he's going to be available this summer and hasnt seen any playing time with Norwich lately.

Atiba Hutchinson, his contract with PSV will be up this summer.

Randy Edwini-Bonsu, his contract wil be up this summer with Eintracht Braunschweig in Bundeslia 2.
    Last edited by [NBF]; 04-17-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    There's a few available players this sumemr which might better than waiting on Maximiliano Urruti or paying for another player. Mind you I wouldnt care either, because its an improvement but for just throwing a few names here's a few:

Marcus Haber, might be available this summer. He spent the season with Stevanage in League 1.

Simeon Jackson, he's going to be available this summer and hasnt seen any playing time with Norwich lately.

Randy Edwini-Bonsu, his contract wil be up this summer with Eintracht Braunschweig in Bundeslia 2.
    No thx to any of those names.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thx to any of those names.
    lol. no to Atiba Hutchinson? he'd be one of best box to box mids in MLS
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hutch would be awesome, but I hear he wants to go to the EPL this summer. The rest would all cost more than what they would bring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post

Hutchinson, who'd be great but nowhere near what he'd cost us, aside, I'd pass on picking up a whole lotta lower division hacks just because of their birth country. People generally throw a shit fit on here when we look at Championship level English players and the last time I checked they were at a higher level and represent (or represented at youth levels) a country at a higher level than this list of Canadians. Pass.