Page 28 of 288 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a little back and forth with larson on twitter this afternoon:

Q: Asked him if he knew when the club will be announcing the deal officially
    A:Nope. Just waiting on signatures and what not. Not sure the club completely knows why it's taking so long.

Q: interesting... Any backup options if these fall through like the rumoured peralta deal did?
    A: Only club knows

he also sent

A: My sources are confident the deals are locked up. Only injury can derail them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recent article on situation with Matias Laba and TFC: read carefully

English version:

http://translate.google.ca/translate...a-su-situacion

Spanish version:

http://www.argentinospasion.com.ar/i...a-su-situacion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Not sure the club completely knows why it's taking so long.
    Right. But it's "done".

Got it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Recent article on situation with Matias Laba and TFC: read carefully

English version:

http://translate.google.ca/translate...a-su-situacion

Spanish version:

http://www.argentinospasion.com.ar/i...a-su-situacion

Google translate doesn't = English version.

That's a bastardization of translation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Right. But it's "done".

Got it.

After reading the Spanish version of the article that Moralis posted... I think that it's far from done as you allude to.

Their seems to be a lot of posturing from the Argentine club.

They mention that they have had other consultations with clubs from Chile.

They also say that the player (Laba) is probably the source of the leaks but the club (Junior's) has not said anything.

The Junior representative also said that nothing viable economically has been offered for Laba.

Basically it seems like they are holding out for more money, and it's a game of chicken right now because Junior's needs the money as the reporter pointed out by asking him outright to which he conceded that they haven't sold any players for a while and that they had obligations that needed to be met.
    Last edited by Alonso; 04-11-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Well, I don't want to be accused of "looking for negatives", so all I'll say is, let's hope Cochrane has been the source of these leaks and has been running these negotiations.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-11-2013 at 06:49 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

They also say that the player (Laba) is probably the source of the leaks but the club (Newell's) has not said anything.

The Newell representative also said that nothing viable economically has been offered for Laba
    Newell's? Laba is with Argentinos Juniors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Well, I don't want to be accused of "looking for negatives", so all I'll say is, let's hope Cochrane has been the source of these leaks and has been running these negotiations.
    Cripes, yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Basically it seems like they are holding out for more money, and it's a game of chicken right now because everyone knows that Newell's needs the money including the reporter who asked him outright to which he conceded.
    Or they are interested in creating the perception that they're driving a hard bargain and are putting on a strong public face.

I'm sure there would be vultures swarming all over the place if they just sold us their player and that was perceived to have been done out of desperation.

While our media has been sucked into these games before they seem much less likely to run with these stories than the press down there. I assume what was reported here by CP and the like was accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I really want these signings so that I can have hope for the season and not have to right it off like most of us have already.

But.

I think that if KP has to walk away to teach the soccer community (agents, players, clubs) that he isn't the well to do MLSE hack that preceded him and won't buy a can of tuna for the price of lobster then I will swallow my hopes for this year.

Our team has negotiated horribly for 6 years and that precedent is hindering KP at the moment I suspect, and if he has to snub some tantalizing deals to get the message across then so be it (I suspect that he has snubbed a few such deals already). We are a wealthy club that has spent like a Kardashian on shit that sucks. No wonder they are trying to sell us snake oil as a cure all at the most expensive possible price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Newell's? Laba is with Argentinos Juniors.
    Yeah sorry about that, I was confusing Urruti's club with Laba's... I'll fix the post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    edit: On mobile so won't link but Larson just tweeted "An injury to Laba or Urruti would quash deals". Everyone cross your fingers.
    umm, isn't that the case with almost every player transfer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    umm, isn't that the case with almost every player transfer?
    Most transfers don't have a month waiting period in which the player is still in the starting 11...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the end I think we will sign neither.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    In the end I think we will sign neither.
    Yeah starting to feel like that. Payne was all over the TFC website with interviews and whatnot and now has just disappeared it seems from the media. Last interview I saw him do was saying it was just a matter of days to announce the possible young DP. Seems like ages ago now. I am sure the intention was there but looks alot like Central and South American clubs/players seem to be tough to deal with when it comes to signing deals....or is it just us? I think our current team will be our team for some time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather be patient and wait for the 'Official' announcements from the club, if it wasn't for rumours, what would we have to take about.

As an observation:

South\Central American Players seem to have that Prima Donna air about them. maybe better off without them, as the more informed RPB's that have followed South and Central American players in MLS have commented, then tend to be a bust, with few exceptions.

It's like any players and signings, a bit of an educated guess when it comes to playing in the MLS.
    Last edited by Derko; 04-12-2013 at 08:04 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Yeah starting to feel like that. Payne was all over the TFC website with interviews and whatnot and now has just disappeared it seems from the media. Last interview I saw him do was saying it was just a matter of days to announce the possible young DP. Seems like ages ago now. I am sure the intention was there but looks alot like Central and South American clubs/players seem to be tough to deal with when it comes to signing deals....or is it just us? I think our current team will be our team for some time.
    Any S. American team just has to look at pics of Julian de Guzman jumping in a swimming pool full of money (j/k), to think that our club is an easy mark . Under Mo, it was too.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has nothing to do with nothing but I just thought I'd share. Made the current edition of TFC in FIFA Ultimate Team.

Had to include a couple expats in the bench for chemistry reasons. Just need EA to transfer Bostock already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has nothing to do with nothing but I just thought I'd share. Made the current edition of TFC in FIFA Ultimate Team.

Had to include a couple expats in the bench for chemistry reasons. Just need EA to transfer Bostock already.
    Wow, you have the exact same team as me with the same formation, the only difference is the CM, with Frings and Julio Cesar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    Wow, you have the exact same team as me with the same formation, the only difference is the CM, with Frings and Julio Cesar.
    Just bought Frings as well.

Only keeping them on the bench for accuracy's sake though, otherwise I'd start them too. I'd start Bendik as well but he's only 55 rated, somehow Quillan Roberts is better than him.

Wish they hadn't made Silva a LM... and a 64 at that. He'll be a beast next year hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought Frings as well.

Only keeping them on the bench for accuracy's sake though, otherwise I'd start them too. I'd start Bendik as well but he's only 55 rated, somehow Quillan Roberts is better than him.

Wish they hadn't made Silva a LM... and a 64 at that. He'll be a beast next year hopefully.
    Been playing FiFA since the first, (international soccer, back in 1994, if I recall correctly) but this year is my last. There are so many things wrong with the AI that it's very frustrating to play career mode. You can rate out a 9.3, play for Real Madrid, and lose six straight because your teammates behave like zombies. Hate that.

Got PES 2013 on Steam and licenses be damned, it's just way more fun and feels way more like football. It's got its own issues (if you don't use quick tactics to adjust on the fly it also has bad catch-up logic) but once you learn to deal with them, it's just 20 times more fun, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Been playing FiFA since the first, (international soccer, back in 1994, if I recall correctly) but this year is my last. There are so many things wrong with the AI that it's very frustrating to play career mode. You can rate out a 9.3, play for Real Madrid, and lose six straight because your teammates behave like zombies. Hate that.

Got PES 2013 on Steam and licenses be damned, it's just way more fun and feels way more like football. It's got its own issues (if you don't use quick tactics to adjust on the fly it also has bad catch-up logic) but once you learn to deal with them, it's just 20 times more fun, I think.
    I'm not a fan of the amount of near-post goals that gets scored in FIFA. You'd think after all these years, this would be something that would be dealt with. Fifa 98 is still the best IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

I assume you're talking about the Be a Pro career mode (or whatever they call it these days, where you only play as one player)? I've always thought it was a decent idea but never executed too well. I'm also running a career as TFC, but a regular one, and I enjoy it a lot. In FIFA 12 I hated career mode and only played FUT, with 13 I enjoy the games against the AI a lot more. Feels like I'm less pigeon-holed in my attacks, you can actually score goals in a bunch of different ways. I think the First Touch Control they introduced this year is brilliant and a much needed change in the gameplay.

I haven't experimented too much with PES. I've been a FIFA lifer as well. I've played a little of past games and they just felt off to me. But I probably didn't give them enough of a chance either. Maybe I'll download a demo or something.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you. stop hijacking thread
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love fifa franchise but can't stand the whitecap fan creating the game. Their HQ is in BC and every year they did Dick around with TFC to the point it makes them look like a bunch of hater assholes. Eg. Earnshaw was a 70 overall before he came to TFC and now he's a 67 silva was 66 and now 64 keov was 72 now a 69 and the form of the team is -27 everyplayer on the squad is reduced no matter their performance for that week. If you don't believe me check out player rating on van. Piss off EA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    you. stop hijacking thread
    Seriously. Please. No offence intended.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies, just didn't think it was worth making a new thread over and there isn't a general off-topic thread/section to post in.

Back on topic, some people strike me as a bit cynical as far as this Urruti/Laba situation goes. They're just rumours yes, but if there's any truth to them I have no problem trusting Payne will get things done. We could barely put a starting 11 together a week before First Kick but Payne brought in enough signings on time and made good on his promises at the Frings retirement presser. It may be taking longer this time but I chose to just let Payne do his thing for now and leave my criticism for the players, when they actually arrive and step on the field. He may have hit a snag with these guys but I believe he knows what he's doing.
    Last edited by notthesun; 04-12-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have Dunny and o'dea. They haven't played one game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing the president continues today saying the club has not received an official offer from Toronto FC:

Alejandro Giordano ‏@alegiordano11 46m Luis Segura pte #AAAJ "No recibimos pedido oficial por Laba. Quizá se contactaron con él o su representante" (por el interés del #TorontoFC)

https://twitter.com/alegiordano11/st...39111616585729

Comment from Laba tonight saying: I'm content in Argentinos and the situation is difficult for the club, plus he does not know if he's saying or leaving:

Alan Yajia ‏@alanyajia 11m
    Matias Laba en la previa de Pasion Paternal: "Estoy comodo en Argentinos y es una situacion dificil del club. No se si me voy a ir"

https://twitter.com/alanyajia/status/322848767449632768

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I'd rather be patient and wait for the 'Official' announcements from the club, if it wasn't for rumours, what would we have to take about.

As an observation:

South\Central American Players seem to have that Prima Donna air about them. maybe better off without them, as the more informed RPB's that have followed South and Central American players in MLS have commented, then tend to be a bust, with few exceptions.

It's like any players and signings, a bit of an educated guess when it comes to playing in the MLS.
    Much better to stack the club with prima donnas from the uk