Page 264 of 272 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,920 of 8618

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    My info is that the players being thrown around with this agent are not guys that are on our short list. But its very true that you never know.

I am curious who else this guy reps.
    Here's the list...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ag...rater_567.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    The only other player on that list I could maybe see is Cassano.

So Quagliarella, Gilardino, or Cassano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    The only other player on that list I could maybe see is Cassano.

So Quagliarella, Gilardino, or Cassano
    Cassano and Adebayor would be perfect. Couple of head case players on a head case team. What could go wrong?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Haddy.

Nothing stands out for me on the list compared to what I have heard. Everything about this agent suggests that its him shopping the players, doesn't mean we won't listen if he comes to the door.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder how much impact the discovery list really has these days (at least when it comes to big name players). Realistically the player and his agent are in the position to call the shots, and if they want to talk to every team that's interested, they probably will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I wonder how much impact the discovery list really has these days (at least when it comes to big name players). Realistically the player and his agent are in the position to call the shots, and if they want to talk to every team that's interested, they probably will.
    I heard Willian is on Tottenham's discovery list. Ha ha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I heard Willian is on Tottenham's discovery list. Ha ha.
    I hear they let him sign for Chelsea because it was "in the best interests of the league"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear they let him sign for Chelsea because it was "in the best interests of the league"
    Lol. (Apparently in that case the "best interests of the league" were to keep him from playing first team football).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I'm glad that we didn't chase Dempsey, I'm giving him the benefit of doubt, and believe he'll show up next year. Much like Henry and Beckham.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems the Limpact are also interested in Gilardino and have made an offer to Genoa and their president, but that Gilardino wants to finish season in Genoa: The alternative if they don't sign Gilardino is striker Rolando Bianchi - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolando_Bianchi

It's in Italian:

Nicolò Schira ‏@NicoSchira 1h #Montreal ha fatto un'offerta al #Genoa per #Gilardino: #Preziosi tentato ma Gila vorrebbe finire campionato in #Italia. Alternativa Bianchi

https://twitter.com/NicoSchira

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Montreal signing Gilardino means we sign Quagliarella instead I'm all for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*Puts tinfoil hat on*

What if the whole Gilardino/agent whining and dinning is a ploy so the Impact take a bite, then we swoop in and take the real Italian target in the cover of the night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    *Puts tinfoil hat on*

What if the whole Gilardino/agent whining and dinning is a ploy so the Impact take a bite, then we swoop in and take the real Italian target in the cover of the night.
    i like it. But we shoulda gone for a less successful striker lol. Some loser from the third league :P MTL would fall right into that trap. MUHAHAHAHAHA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are also a ton of other clubs, in more prestigious leagues, that know Juve needs some cash and has a strong stable to pick from.

What are the chances a club like Juventus sells two capped Italy players to MLS in the same year?? Especially when you consider those players also have a say in where they go. Pretty slim I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are also a ton of other clubs, in more prestigious leagues, that know Juve needs some cash and has a strong stable to pick from.

What are the chances a club like Juventus sells two capped Italy players to MLS in the same year?? Especially when you consider those players also have a say in where they go. Pretty slim I think.
    Are you referring to Gilardino? He plays for Genoa, not Juventus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Are you referring to Gilardino? He plays for Genoa, not Juventus.
    Derp!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the extra cap space next year, who do you folks see coming from within MLS? And how?

I'd love to see someone like Le Toux at 200k who averaged over 8 G and 8 A over the past 4 seasons.....one of the highest assist per 90 this season.....but what do we have as trade bait for someone of that level?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the extra cap space next year, who do you folks see coming from within MLS? And how?

I'd love to see someone like Le Toux at 200k who averaged over 8 G and 8 A over the past 4 seasons.....one of the highest assist per 90 this season.....but what do we have as trade bait for someone of that level?
    I believe our trade bait is Allocation and maybe a couple side players.... the main piece has to be allocation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season ended so what will need next year:

Strikers: Defoe, Gilardino ; depth Earnshaw, Dike
    Midfielders: AM?, Orosio, Rey, Laba ; depth Convey, Lambe, Hall, Bekker
    Defenders: LB?, Henry, Caldwell, Bloom ; depth Morgan, Gale A, CB?, Richter

So needed 2 DP strikers, AM DP, Upgrade LB and some better depth players for defense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting CB is a must I think. Henry's getting there but he's not ready yet. Too inconsistent.

Wouldn't mind a winger as well. We can do better than Convey imo, either by moving Osorio to the left or signing someone new. I'd rather sign a creative CM and keep Osorio in the middle and have him learn from the new guy though.

Anyways, good signings this off-season should give us a pretty solid team. Dike, Rey, Laba, Osorio, Caldwell and Bendik are all great building blocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting CB is a must I think. Henry's getting there but he's not ready yet. Too inconsistent.
    The only way Henry is going to get there is to play. If he gets bumped to the reserve team or the bench, his development will stall. The bigger issue, IMO, is figuring out who will slot into Caldwell's spot once he's done. It's a 2015/2016 issue, but it needs to start in 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather sign a creative CM and keep Osorio in the middle and have him learn from the new guy though.
    I'm not against the idea, but what do you suggest RN do with Laba?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade him for allocation monaayyyyyy

/facepalm. Lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Trade him for allocation monaayyyyyy

/facepalm. Lol
    don't even joke like this! you know this comes true way too often
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start Laba and the new CM. And either start Osorio LM, or use Osorio as a regular sub and first choice replacement when anyone is injured/suspended/out of fitness. He'd still get a lot of games. As some have pointed out, Osorio's been good this year but he can't quite run an offense yet. He has a real goalscoring knack but he's not the playmaker we need yet (his first assist of the season was today).

Same sort of idea with signing a CB. Sign a veteran who knows what he's doing to really lock down our back line with Caldwell. Henry can pick up starts when he's needed to fill in an empty spot, play cup games, etc. By 2015 I think he'll be ready to start full time. Remember he's only 20, we can take our time with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think TFC should be focusing on two DP strikers in the off season. Dike looks like starting material. I would prefer a DP Striker and a DP AM. It would provide far more balance to our lineup next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt Larsun posted "Tomorrow's @TheTorontoSun - #TFC GM Tim Bez sits down for exclusive interview... Plus, TFC going after English pair... Plus, #IMFC match."

So looks like the DPs might both be playing in England - Defoe and Adebayor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I don't think TFC should be focusing on two DP strikers in the off season. Dike looks like starting material. I would prefer a DP Striker and a DP AM. It would provide far more balance to our lineup next season.
    No thanks. He's substitute quality on any of the better teams in this league, let's leave it at that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No thanks. He's substitute quality on any of the better teams in this league, let's leave it at that.
    Agreed with this about Dike.

I think he is a guy who comes off the bench in the 75th minute to change the game up - Similar to Russels role.
    If he does start - it's either because someone is injured or, again, to change things up.

But no way in hell is he a regular starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Agreed with this about Dike.

I think he is a guy who comes off the bench in the 75th minute to change the game up - Similar to Russels role.
    If he does start - it's either because someone is injured or, again, to change things up.

But no way in hell is he a regular starter.

I think he has the potential to be and needs to be weened in...

Definitely should start friendlies and NCC or whatever its called this year and the odd game against teams that we play well against.