Page 263 of 288 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,890 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think Earnie will be here after the season. A champo team prob picks him up once his contract is done.

25 mill in a summer transfer window after a WC will get a couple of awesome players. If KP and TL aren't in Brazil watching as many games as possible and schmoozing as many agents as possible I will be a dissapoint.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FOXSoccer: AC Milan agree to deal for Real Madrid's Kaka. http://t.co/XTr6P1t1mA

and that's that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    word is stephane sessegnon
    Who?
    due to his recent drink driving chg.
    Oh, oh no thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    Who?

Oh, oh no thank you.
    Plus, on the Black Cats forums they'd been ripping half-assed play as well. They like Jozy, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see Sessegnon in the middle of the park ahead of Laba. He's exactly the type of CAM we need. Creative with great speed. However it would all depend on type of deal. Loan would be best, so we can kick the tires and see if he really wants to commit to the team and league.

Having said all of that, I doubt that he would come to MLS right now. He may still have Premiership opportunities...and definitely could help a Championship squad. Best bet though is he ends up back in Ligue 1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    I'd like to see Sessegnon in the middle of the park ahead of Laba. He's exactly the type of CAM we need. Creative with great speed. However it would all depend on type of deal. Loan would be best, so we can kick the tires and see if he really wants to commit to the team and league.

Having said all of that, I doubt that he would come to MLS right now. He may still have Premiership opportunities...and definitely could help a Championship squad. Best bet though is he ends up back in Ligue 1.
    Sessegnon... too lazy for MLS. Even on a loan deal (which would have to happen in Jan), he'd be a DP, unless Sunderland picks up all of his wages
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Sessegnon... too lazy for MLS. Even on a loan deal (which would have to happen in Jan), he'd be a DP, unless Sunderland picks up all of his wages
    Quite possibly right about his propensity to dog it. Either way, definitely wouldn't want him as DP. At his best he's the type of player that would take this team to the next level offensively. But I'll admit, getting him at his best, in a favourable deal is probably not very likely at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    Quite possibly right about his propensity to dog it. Either way, definitely wouldn't want him as DP. At his best he's the type of player that would take this team to the next level offensively. But I'll admit, getting him at his best, in a favourable deal is probably not very likely at all.
    Assuming a player is looked at potentially for max non DP salary at 400k, that equals to about 5000 pounds per week. that's a massive pay cut for guys like Sessegnon who probably makes 30000-50000 pounds/wk. And we'd probably want to sign int starters at 200k/yr, which is 2500 pounds per week. peanuts, compared to what these guys are used to getting paid.

You can point to Reo Coker, Young Pyo Lee, Friedrich, Nesta, etc as players you can get for non DP, but I'd argue that these guys are exception to the rule, not the norm. Hence why MLS teams concentrate on getting non DP ints from Central America and some South American countries for best bang for buck free agents
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the Crew just hit the eject button and fired their coaching staff. Anyone feel like kicking the tires on this one?

They have more than a few pieces that would be useful to us and would provide them with flexibility for the new staff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill never understand why this board is interested in players that are soon to be prohibited from entering the country.
    And I doubt he'll be interested in this

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...s/5312ETOC.asp

Every time, "yeah this guy would be great, but he just got a DUI"
    Nope.
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 09-02-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Got personal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ill never understand why this board is interested in players that are soon to be prohibited from entering the country.

Nope.
    West Brom signed him today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope.
    I will never understand why people on this board talk about Eto or Kaka, who will never enter this country to play for TFC, or be interested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Throwing a name out there.... Ryan Giggs? Thoughts?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wince View Post
    going to be 40 soon. nuff said

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good laugh on a Tuesday afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assistant coach? Hell yes. lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eddie Johnson won't be in Seattle next year. They have no room for him. Evans might not fit into their plans either. What are your thoughts on picking up either of those guys?

Johnson is pretty dominant and Evans quietly goes about his business and would look great beside Laba in a holding mid role.

Seattle doesn't have the cap to hold these guys

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Eddie Johnson won't be in Seattle next year. They have no room for him. Evans might not fit into their plans either. What are your thoughts on picking up either of those guys?

Johnson is pretty dominant and Evans quietly goes about his business and would look great beside Laba in a holding mid role.

will likely make room by getting rid of Shalrie Joseph and Mauro Rosales

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Don't be surprised if they keep them all, I'm sure EJ qualifies for the leagues new retention plans.

Graham Zusi is making DP money, but doesn't have the DP tag.
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ed-player-all-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post

Evans has been linked to some European clubs off and on. Bet he goes in January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He would never leave. He will retire at Utd and become a coach there.

Also, he has attributed his longevity to being part of a big, high quality squad that allows him to rotate his minutes, combined with a medical staff he has worked with for years that have figured out the best training and recovery regime to manage him.

If you wanted a DP for a year that would play 1-2 matches a month - sure (bad use of a DP though, having a DP not playing most of the time). The guy is still quality - he is still contributing to one of the best teams in the world. If you sign him and play him every game, he breaks down in no time and ends his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    will likely make room by getting rid of Shalrie Joseph and Mauro Rosales
    How is Joesph these days? My favorite player in the MLS for several years, but I have not seen much of him in the past couple of years.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giggs is already a player coach and a guy like that will be with United a long time unless he wants the top job of a club fast.

Given his play and health I can't see him hanging in the prem for long, no way he could take the travel and physical nature of MLS at his age.

*holds breath - young designated players - prime designated players please*
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    How is Joesph these days? My favorite player in the MLS for several years, but I have not seen much of him in the past couple of years.
    He came on against us the other week and solidified their midfield.

He's no longer a 90 minute player.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Evans has been linked to some European clubs off and on. Bet he goes in January.
    not good enough for Europe IMO. though normally players like him would be trying his luck Scandinavian club few years ago

Evans is perfect example of a good, solid MLS player. not great at anything, but good at a lot of things. can play multiple positions. he's got a soccer brain that his lack of technique won't execute. would be a good addition for TFC

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    slow as molasses, but plays destroyer DM role occassionally well. no longer a 90 min player and I seriously think he should retire at the end of the season, unless he wants to be one of those relics in the locker room that just there for decoration

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope.
    I guess that would rule out Marlon King..... another Birmingham castoff although in this case not because of slipping down the depth chart. He is released because of his salary and the club's state of financial limbo. He is available, can score and would be cheaper than Sessignon (believe King was on 16k a week). Frustratingly offside a lot but has good, consistent scoring numbers in championship and apparently will feature for Jamaica in the upcoming qualifiers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Lieweke gone, pure speculation:

Out: Earnshaw, Convey, Frei, Ecks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    With Lieweke gone, pure speculation:

Out: Earnshaw, Convey, Frei, Ecks
    I'm guessing Convey for sure. I'll bet his past attitude being well known, Lieweke or someone was asking Payne about the recent controversy.

Don't kid yourself that they don't pay fairly rapt attention to the boards. It's free feedback from their most dedicated customers and, when they're smart enough not to jump in, it's unfiltered. I guaran-friggin-tee you the front office was talking about what Convey allegedly said to that kid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Leiweke wants a DP in Jan transfer window. And is willing to spend transfer fee to get that guy.

Before, DPs were generally signed as free agents, hence limited pool to choose from during winter/pre season. Now with transfer fees being paid, it's a new ball game.

Should be interesting to see who TFC snags.

-Eduardo Galeano