Page 262 of 288 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,860 of 8618
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Only applies if the player doesn't get his release first. Transfer window is for under contract players only. So if Real released him on a free, he'd be signabe at any time.
    well, until roster freeze date which is coming up in few weeks
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    They changed the rules for Beckham, they could change the rules for Kaka.
    If I understand the rules correctly, the transfer window is a FIFA imposed rule rather than a self imposed one like the salary cap. So no, they couldn't change the rules to allow for big transfers outside their window

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Larson Blog about the Lieweke/Nelsen meeting with supporters: http://blogs.canoe.ca/reds/sports/le...RCaz2o.twitter

"Leiweke also confirmed Thursday night that MLSE’s board originally approved as much as $25 million for the club to sign a new Designated Player.
    That money, however, was pulled back after the player was deemed not to be the right fit."

That's an interesting take on not acquiring another (big name) player. It's the first I've heard about them being close and then choosing not to bring in player X because he apparently wasn't the right fit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People, Kaka is going to Orlando in a couple of years. He's done everything but put on a jersey down there.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the chances of TFC extending Earnshaw's contract after this year if he finishes off the season in top form?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw has been terrible since the first few games of the season. No thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1

Think about Marco Di Vaio tearing stuff up, then triple it and you have Kaka
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Earnshaw has been terrible since the first few games of the season. No thanks."

There is just something unsettling about the way our forwards move up top. They don't drop back enough to scoop up the ball or play off each other. Earnshaw and Brockie look like they are on different planets. No chemistry whatsoever.

Btw, anyone else using mobile and noticing the quote bottom has disappeared?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$25 million? Aye carumba. You know its times like this when I wish teams we could spend that on 11 players and destroy the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    From the Larson Blog about the Lieweke/Nelsen meeting with supporters: http://blogs.canoe.ca/reds/sports/le...RCaz2o.twitter

"Leiweke also confirmed Thursday night that MLSE’s board originally approved as much as $25 million for the club to sign a new Designated Player.
    That money, however, was pulled back after the player was deemed not to be the right fit."

That's an interesting take on not acquiring another (big name) player. It's the first I've heard about them being close and then choosing not to bring in player X because he apparently wasn't the right fit.
    Nah, that was Dempsey.
    1. First statement was Payne telling the Star a month ago that they were pursuing "a guy who says he has to be the highest paid player in the league."
    2. Then Payne comes out and says TO backed off Dempsey because he was a better fit in the U.S.
    3. Then Dempsey signs the league's biggest deal.

We were going to sign him, I think, and the league decided he was better for the U.S.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Real release Kaka on a free, he won't sign with TFC.

If he's unsettled at Madrid it means he feels he still has something to give at a high level. He'll look to move to a top-flight side to prove it, probably back to Italy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, that was Dempsey.
    1. First statement was Payne telling the Star a month ago that they were pursuing "a guy who says he has to be the highest paid player in the league."
    2. Then Payne comes out and says TO backed off Dempsey because he was a better fit in the U.S.
    3. Then Dempsey signs the league's biggest deal.

We were going to sign him, I think, and the league decided he was better for the U.S.

Was "the highest paid player in the league" the same as the second of the two "DP calibre" attackers who would shape the team for years to come?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Maxi Moralez? Where was he supposed to fit in? I really wonder who decided it wasn't the "right fit", Payne, TL or MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    What about Maxi Moralez? Where was he supposed to fit in? I really wonder who decided it wasn't the "right fit", Payne, TL or MLS?
    Moralez turned us down, didn't he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly, but I know he wouldnt have come cheap at the age of 26. Apparently his buyout in 2011 was €8 million for 50%(wiki), that is close to the 25M budget(including wage) if he kept the same value today. So if we were going after him how does that leave room for another big time player. Just my speculation on Moralez's value.
    Last edited by Richard; 08-30-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome: totally didnt think of it being Dempsey. Makes sense now.

I was hung up on the thought of it being moralez or forlan and thought it might be TFC spinning their inability to land them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Earnshaw has been terrible since the first few games of the season. No thanks.
    agreed. last game when brockie set him up perfectly he hits it right at the keeper. seems like most of his shots are straight at the keeper, almost like as soon as he gets the ball he shoots and itsn't very creative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome: totally didnt think of it being Dempsey. Makes sense now.

I was hung up on the thought of it being moralez or forlan and thought it might be TFC spinning their inability to land them.

Thanks
    That's a distressing pictures - we can't sign 'em or the league won't let us. Kinda makes us the anti-Mounties!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    "Earnshaw has been terrible since the first few games of the season. No thanks."

There is just something unsettling about the way our forwards move up top. They don't drop back enough to scoop up the ball or play off each other. Earnshaw and Brockie look like they are on different planets. No chemistry whatsoever.
    I think Earnshaw fooled us in to thinking he's a clinical finisher in those first few games. He worked hard and was rewarded with some defensive gaffs by the opposition and he made the most of it each time. I thought "wow...they gave him the chances but he finished them off really well".

Add a couple of penalties and he looked like a bonafide starting striker.

Now....after a larger sample size....not so much. LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Earnshaw fooled us in to thinking he's a clinical finisher in those first few games. He worked hard and was rewarded with some defensive gaffs by the opposition and he made the most of it each time. I thought "wow...they gave him the chances but he finished them off really well".

And the moral of the story is? Perhaps this continual signing of bums from the lower English leagues has finally ended with the recent additions from SA and Spain etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miker View Post
    That's a distressing pictures - we can't sign 'em or the league won't let us. Kinda makes us the anti-Mounties!
    I dunno ... I think it might have been naive to go after him in the first place. Bold, but naive. I'm a bit worried by the DP thing. I think ultimately all of this is just them being ultra patient and takign their time, which is antithetical to the average fan maintaining good blood pressure, lol. There are all sorts of guys it could be if it's the January window or mid next season. There are guys who are good enough, easily, to make us competitive who they could have gotten before then, which annoys me, but I understand from the marketing side that they want a name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno ... I think it might have been naive to go after him in the first place. Bold, but naive. I'm a bit worried by the DP thing. I think ultimately all of this is just them being ultra patient and takign their time, which is antithetical to the average fan maintaining good blood pressure, lol. There are all sorts of guys it could be if it's the January window or mid next season. There are guys who are good enough, easily, to make us competitive who they could have gotten before then, which annoys me, but I understand from the marketing side that they want a name.
    My concern is that Payne and, to a lesser extent Nelsen, have basically said - on more than one occasion - that they had specific people in mind and were about to sign them. People who, depending on the day, would be the best player in the league, the highest paid, shape the team for years to come, scare the willies out of other teams and maintain a lead like the one we had against the Impact "comfortably." It sounded to me like they believed those players were the right fit/guy(s).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miker View Post
    My concern is that Payne and, to a lesser extent Nelsen, have basically said - on more than one occasion - that they had specific people in mind and were about to sign them. People who, depending on the day, would be the best player in the league, the highest paid, shape the team for years to come, scare the willies out of other teams and maintain a lead like the one we had against the Impact "comfortably." It sounded to me like they believed those players were the right fit/guy(s).
    Sure ... but there are a lot of THOSE guys out there, too. I'm not worried about them missing targets. I'd just like them to shut up until people are signed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure ... but there are a lot of THOSE guys out there, too. I'm not worried about them missing targets. I'd just like them to shut up until people are signed.
    Agreed. But with Payne in particular, I worry if he's not talking, then things must be real bad

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, he was match fit coming from England, rest of the league was just coming out of training.

I think what he, and the other two guys (honestly don't remember names now) showed was that MLS is actually a pretty decent level of play and better than Championship which everyone says they are equal with.
    WE DID IT!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw came from Israel, IIRC. But, yes he was match fit.

I think he requires a certain type of service, passes into the lane, and he's not getting it. I think he's lost a step which is why he can't beat people going to the line. He's really trying hard but he can't recover from injuries as quick as he used to.

I suspect he will not be around next season. He's just no longer the sort of forward we need from an int spot. If he stays, I will cheer him on. But, I think we will be able to do better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I think he requires a certain type of service, passes into the lane, and he's not getting it. I think he's lost a step which is why he can't beat people going to the line. He's really trying hard but he can't recover from injuries as quick as he used to.

I suspect he will not be around next season. He's just no longer the sort of forward we need from an int spot. If he stays, I will cheer him on. But, I think we will be able to do better.
    We got Earnshaw for cheap. So at very least, he's depth player for us next season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

He was in Israel for a very short time. This followed a significant period as a proven goal scorer for various English teams. This according to the all knowing Wiki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

word is stephane sessegnon may be getting kicked out of Sunderland due to his recent drink driving chg. Apparently Qatar side Al- Jaish are looking at 5 million quid deal. If he does leave, he's a cracking little player that any MLS team would benefit from having in their team.