Page 25 of 288 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    I'm not basing it on what Wikipedia says, but I believe Neil Davidson when he writes that Max Urruti and another Argentinian midfielder are signed and will join TFC by the end of the month. He wouldn't write it if it wasn't accurate.

Neil Davidson ‏@NeilMDavidson 3 Apr #TorontoFC lands Argentine striker Maximiliano Urruti and an Argentine midfielder. Both expected by end of month.

http://metronews.ca/sports/619747/to...of-argentines/
    Neil is one of the best!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, ive read the link and i hope that its true........but these done deals that seem to carry on for weeks have disappointed us before... hence i wont hold my breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

During the game DeVos mentioned Urruti was signed and described the the other argentinian as a very talented (cant remember exact words)... "box to box midfielder".
    Lets hope the deal gets done and hes right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    During the game DeVos mentioned Urruti was signed and described the the other argentinian as a very talented (cant remember exact words)... "box to box midfielder".
    This will be nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing that the Urruti to TFC move is only talked about here. I'm Argentina nobody knows that he's signing with TFC.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=urruti&src=typd

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    “Every player from Honduras dreams of playing in Europe. I am going to play for Rangers which is a massive club"

LOL. Once he figures out they play 3rd division he has "A change of heart".
    somebody spod him a bill of goods .................ahahahaaha.....after a few Scottish rough games perhaps he'll beg to leave....so sad
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KP should give the Red Bulls a call about Frei after that collapse against Chicago... horrible, horrible goalkeeping from Robles.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    watched Urruti play today and he was nowhere involved , finally taken off.......not impressed ,...be careful what we wish for.....I'm more interested in the mid......give me Earnshaw , Braun and healthy Koev's .....not a striker who is a maybe.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    KP should give the Red Bulls a call about Frei after that collapse against Chicago... horrible, horrible goalkeeping from Robles.
    Dax McCarty swap deal It's to good to even dream about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing that the Urruti to TFC move is only talked about here. I'm Argentina nobody knows that he's signing with TFC.

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=urruti&src=typd
    I think Newell's wants to keep it on the down low. Nelsen said the club we were dealing was in administration, that was exaggerated I think, they must just have financial issues and are in sell mode. That's my take on it at least.

It's pretty amazing there are no Argentinian sources on this though(I looked, too) considering it was reported in a CP article, not a random blog post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Newell's Old Boys fans are riping him on twitter. They didn't like his performance and now want him out of the team. He will have a better work environment at TFC. Hope it means he comes sooner and not at the end of the month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you guys who watched the game comment on anything positive about Urruti? Short passing, dribbling runs etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    watched Urruti play today and he was nowhere involved , finally taken off.......not impressed ,...be careful what we wish for.....I'm more interested in the mid......give me Earnshaw , Braun and healthy Koev's .....not a striker who is a maybe.
    If he already knows he's leaving the team, why would he put in maximum effort? There could be a number of things affecting his play if he knows he is just about to leave.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Wikipedia:

Maximiliano Nicolás Urruti Mussa (born 22 February 1991) is an Argentinian footballer who currently plays for Toronto FC of Major League Soccer on loan from Newell's Old Boys of the Argentine Primera División.

Urruti was part of Newell's youth team until he was transferred to the senior squad in 2011. Urruti did not see consistent first-team action for the club, particularly after the return of Ignacio Scocco. In late 2012 and early 2013, several clubs including: Palermo, Levante, Valencia, Helsingsborg, and Toronto expressed interest in the player.

As for other players they have, I see Maxi Rodriguez, former Liverpool FC player, is back with them. He doesn't fit in with Paynes stated Youth Policy, but then again, neither does Robert Earnshaw. I'd like to see him play at BMO Field.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that Wiki edit was likely from a TFC fan, so it's meaningless. It's happened before.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    According to Wikipedia:

Maximiliano Nicolás Urruti Mussa (born 22 February 1991) is an Argentinian footballer who currently plays for Toronto FC of Major League Soccer on loan from Newell's Old Boys of the Argentine Primera División.

Urruti was part of Newell's youth team until he was transferred to the senior squad in 2011. Urruti did not see consistent first-team action for the club, particularly after the return of Ignacio Scocco. In late 2012 and early 2013, several clubs including: Palermo, Levante, Valencia, Helsingsborg, and Toronto expressed interest in the player.

As for other players they have, I see Maxi Rodriguez, former Liverpool FC player, is back with them. He doesn't fit in with Paynes stated Youth Policy, but then again, neither does Robert Earnshaw. I'd like to see him play at BMO Field.
    Urruti started today for his club after being on the bench for the most of the season.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really anxious to find out whether this midfielder is from the same team as max.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is reminding me of Huckerby. I wonder if Urruti is just another player who is willing to sign with MLS but won't come to Toronto, and the delay is working out where he is going. (We got a lot for Huckerby's rights, btw)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop quoting Wikipedia; it's not a source. Any asshole can post whatever they want there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess at the other argentinian:

Urruti's teammate Marcos Perez. Midfielder who turns 20 next month.
    Last edited by Stryker; 04-07-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Newell's Old Boys fans are riping him on twitter. They didn't like his performance and now want him out of the team. He will have a better work environment at TFC. Hope it means he comes sooner and not at the end of the month.
    Sounds awfully familiar. Kinda like some people on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally found the name of the mystery Argentinian midfielder signing with TFC. It's Matias Laba of Argentinos Juniors. He's joining TFC by end of April. I think it's April 29.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mat%C3%ADas_Laba

https://twitter.com/alanyajia

https://twitter.com/PabloCabrales10

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?...0Laba&src=typd

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=420204

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did that Alan Yajia say that we are paying a 1.5 million dollar fee for Laba?

Also good work finding out who the player is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claiming Matias Laba will be sold for around "1.5 million dollars". Hopefully talking Argentina Pesos which is in USD would mean a transfer fee of 300,000$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right. Seems like it's a 1.5 million dollar transfer. Don't think it's Argentinian pesos. Wondering who will be the young DP. $200,000 against the cap.

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/conten...nd-regulations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any indication other than "by the end of the month" when Urruti will be showing up? could use another striker with 3 games in 8 days at home to end the month (20th, 24th, 27th)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transfermarkt.de pegs Laba value at €500K, for what it's worth. Doesn't seem to have gotten much playing time in last 2 yrs. This makes me nervous. Has all the marks of a "recommendation" signing rather than a full scouted one, irregardless of whether Onstad saw him play or not.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/matia...er_147496.html
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 04-08-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC transfers come out of your allocation as an amortized amount over the length of the contract correct?

Would the following be possible?

-If you were to say sign him for a 20 year contract with $1.5m transfer fee with a declining pay scale, could you only use $75k a year of allocation?

I know everything has to get past MLS but I thought that is why we got KP, so we could skirt those kinds of rules.

Edit to add note:

I am with the crowd of 'let's see what he looks like here'

That said, I like that neither of them are small, 5'9.5" and 6' for Urruti is nice. People can say what they like but this league is better suited to players who are just a little bigger. I don't think we need to look like Portland, but Plata was a perfect example of someone who couldn't defend to save his life because he just got bowled over by 90% of players.
    Last edited by Abou Sky; 04-08-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne must be extremely high on this guy if he's willing to transfer rather than loan him in, with a fee to boot.

He can't get here soon enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right. Seems like it's a 1.5 million dollar transfer. Don't think it's Argentinian pesos. Wondering who will be the young DP. $200,000 against the cap.

http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/conten...nd-regulations

Thanks for finding the info!

My guess is Laba is the YDP especially if Urruti is now being confirmed as a loan with an option to buy. I guess we'll find out before the week is done.