Page 21 of 288 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's best to ignore all news today. Especially when it's crazy talk.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The all time best MLS April 1 stunt

http://archive.revolutionsoccer.net/...18057&pcid=115
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
    Im praying this is just an elaborate April fools joke

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2012/ImpactacquireEckersleytradeWengertoTFC.aspx

Eck's to Montreal :-(
    Yeah nice one. Happy April Fool's everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think it's best to ignore all news today.
    Ive decided to take on this philosophy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The all time best MLS April 1 stunt

http://archive.revolutionsoccer.net/...18057&pcid=115
    LOL...thanks for that. I love this guy. Best part is he plays every position.

Luis Fangoso
    No.: 10
    Pos: D, M, F, CB, AM, RM, LM
    Ht: 184 cm
    Wt: 85 kg
    DOB: 4/1/80; Rosario, Argentina

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Have you taken a close look at the picture?

best for me: He wants to play for Pete Mariner (!) so that he can get into the Gibraltar setup.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's best to ignore all news today. Especially when it's crazy talk.
    I agree 100%. I don't know which diappointed me off more. This Dero rumour or todays sunshine girl.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So things went real dead quiet about any of these international player acquisitions particularly the one Payne mentioned was almost done deal and that he expected to be completed in a few days from his interview. I take it KP hasn't been available for comment for a reason? No news to tell I guess. I know they said delay is that these teams are going through administration and they need multiple signatures instead of one but it has been weeks. Has to be more to it than getting a couple extra signatures.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess would be the movement of Cesar has something to do with clearing the decks for the new guy.

That signals there may be some discussion with the MLS on what the actual hit is, another wrinkle from the looks of things. Totally basesless speculation on my part so don't read too much into it beyond whats said.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    My guess would be the movement of Cesar has something to do with clearing the decks for the new guy.

That signals there may be some discussion with the MLS on what the actual hit is, another wrinkle from the looks of things. Totally basesless speculation on my part so don't read too much into it beyond whats said.
    I dunno. I suspect the movement of Cesar was that he was signed to be a starter, had a relatively large salary, and apparently wasn't showing more than Dunfield/Hall in practice (this part a guess - based on Nelsen's "earn your spot" philosophy).

I'd hazard an even further guess that he then complained about playing time, was told that Nelsen "couldn't guarantee him starting time", and either asked to be released, or was released when he argued more vehemently about being a starter.

Either way, he wasn't going to be a long term solution, and if he's not getting time over Dunfield/Hall, then there's no point in keeping him around. The loans of Bostock and Ephraim, and arguably the signing of Russell, made it even harder for Cesar to make the starting 11, since Hall seems to now permanently be a CM, whereas he may have seen time at RB or RM without those signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster_TFC View Post
    I dunno. I suspect the movement of Cesar was that he was signed to be a starter, had a relatively large salary, and apparently wasn't showing more than Dunfield/Hall in practice (this part a guess - based on Nelsen's "earn your spot" philosophy).

I'd hazard an even further guess that he then complained about playing time, was told that Nelsen "couldn't guarantee him starting time", and either asked to be released, or was released when he argued more vehemently about being a starter.

Either way, he wasn't going to be a long term solution, and if he's not getting time over Dunfield/Hall, then there's no point in keeping him around. The loans of Bostock and Ephraim, and arguably the signing of Russell, made it even harder for Cesar to make the starting 11, since Hall seems to now permanently be a CM, whereas he may have seen time at RB or RM without those signings.

If Hall is part of our starting lineup along with Dunfield....we're finished.....it's that simple...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If no moves are made. Put Richter at RB and Russel at CM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    If Hall is part of our starting lineup along with Dunfield....we're finished.....it's that simple...
    No disagreement there. I would say the same thing about Dunfield.

That said, if Cesar couldn't beat out those two consistently (or at all), then he's not worth keeping around, regardless of whether you have another signing ready to go or not (which is what Phil was implying - that this was all about the cap hit and roster spot for a new signing).
    Last edited by Wooster_TFC; 04-02-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me, or is Hall improving slowly so far this season? His closing down/pressing game is improving greatly. He shifts his body weight well to evade opponents too. His distribution is still poor, but he's young and that should improve under some guidance. I have some hope that he can become a fairly average to good MLS midfielder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Is it just me, or is Hall improving slowly so far this season? His closing down/pressing game is improving greatly. He shifts his body weight well to evade opponents too. His distribution is still poor, but he's young and that should improve under some guidance. I have some hope that he can become a fairly average to good MLS midfielder.
    Looking better but still poor technically. Sometimes when he hoofs the ball around it reminds me of how I look when I do it, awkward and horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster_TFC View Post
    No disagreement there. I would say the same thing about Dunfield.

That said, if Cesar couldn't beat out those two consistently (or at all), then he's not worth keeping around, regardless of whether you have another signing ready to go or not (which is what Phil was implying - that this was all about the cap hit and roster spot for a new signing).
    Cesar was a mainstay in the midfield of the Eastern Conference winners, so I don't think there can be much argument that he wasn't as good as them. The reason according to Nelsen was that he "wasn't willing to play the TFC way" - whatever that means. Although you could say that if a player isn't willing to go with what the coach wants them to do, they need to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I think he had the best game I've seen him play in a TFC shirt against LA. He started our second goal too. That said, I agree he and Dunfield aren't a central mid pairing we want to have for too long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking better but still poor technically. Sometimes when he hoofs the ball around it reminds me of how I look when I do it, awkward and horrible.
    For me it's more about his vision and decision making. He doesn't really have that '360 degree vision' or football intelligence that is needed to play in central midfield. Although, that is a criticism you could level against most MLS players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    For me it's more about his vision and decision making. He doesn't really have that '360 degree vision' or football intelligence that is needed to play in central midfield. Although, that is a criticism you could level against most MLS players.
    ... I'm really missing Frings right now; guy was boss in that midfield

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    ... I'm really missing Frings right now; guy was boss in that midfield
    Was is key. He didn't look much better than Dunfield last season and after his hip going south he'd be even slower now. Good positioning and vision can only make up for so much when you're a few steps behind.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelsen's comment on Dunfield taking a knock in practice today: " Terry's a bit of a drama queen."
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys you're killing me. Can we please take the Dunfield/Hall talk to another thread?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I guess it is a rumor thread so...

I love Herc, he is a love or hate kind of guy and man he can twist a knife. Comments on Klinsmann 'it is cute'

That said, I wouldn't want a shit disturber like that at TFC, maybe LA would be good for his kind of drama

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he does love our city....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne would kill him.

He'd be good for a team like Seattle that takes themselves very seriously.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Payne would kill him.

He'd be good for a team like Seattle that takes themselves very seriously.
    $100 on Payne in a street fight, that guy has 'the crazy eyes'

RPB Member
    Membership Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil Davidson (Canadian Press) is reporting on Twitter that TFC have landed Maximilliano Urrutti and an Argentine midfielder. Both expected in Toronto by end of April.
    Official Member of the Montreal Miracle Crew 2009

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also on fan 590, Urrutti and midfielder coming end of April.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://metronews.ca/sports/619747/to...of-argentines/

TORONTO – Reinforcements are on the way to Toronto FC.
    The Canadian Press has learned that the MLS franchise has finalized deals for Argentine striker Maximiliano Urrutti and an Argentine midfielder.
    Both are expected at the club by the end of the month.
    Toronto FC is also working on landing an attacking midfielder in the summer.
    The 22-year-old Urrutti, who plays for Newell’s Old Boys, has been reported a target of Toronto, although club officials have referred only to chasing an Argentine forward.
    The club is looking at possibly categorizing one of the Argentines as a so-called “young designated player.”
    Only $200,000 of the annual salary of a DP aged 21 to 23 counts against the club’s salary cap, less if signed mid-season.