Page 20 of 288 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    It has been a while but IIRC Frei and Bendik are pretty much the same IN net, and Frei is better at other stuff. Hope to see Frei start next week.
    why? Bendik has done nothing to lose his starting job. Sucks for Frei, but it's no good for Nelsen to take away from Bendik what he has earned
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Pure speculation here, but does anyone else think we might trade Frei at some point this season? Bendik's looking like a hell of a keeper. There was talk of possibly moving Frei back when Kocic was doing well but even then Kocic would make the odd mistake... Bendik has been literally mistake-free (not to mention numerous good saves) and we're four games into the season.

Any MLS teams with goalie trouble?
    Colorado could use a GK now, though only temporary with Matt Pickens out for months. Former CSLer in goal for Colorado tonight
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    why? Bendik has done nothing to lose his starting job. Sucks for Frei, but it's no good for Nelsen to take away from Bendik what he has earned
    I would say just booting the ball 70+ yds and hoping for the best is reason to lose his start. I would rather someone who can place a ball 50yds than boot it 70.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The long passes are undoubtedly intentional on the part of the coaching staff. That being said, his passes aren't terribly accurate, they're just lumped up 'in the area' of a TFC player.

I'd put Frei back in goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade stuff as I have heard some speculation. Sporting KC has a hell of a team. Bunbury will be back soon and apparently Kamara will be back with the team post EPL loan. That gives them too much up top and we could trade with them. Bring in Sapong.
    With espinoza gone the midfield is pretty thin in KC. Nagamura doesnt figure to be that great a piece in the midfield as a starter. So thats what theyd want in return. We dont have much to offer in the midfield though. I would offer Silva and picks? allocation? maybe Gala?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trade Silva for another forward when we have Koev and Earnshaw? Ummmm No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised anyone would not want Bendik to keep starting. I love Frei and I feel terrible for him that he had to get injured right before the season started, but Bendik has been more than rock solid.

I haven't noticed him playing particularly bad balls either. And honestly, I don't think Frei would make much of a difference in that area. I think he sort of made a reputation for himself with that one brilliant punt up to Martina way back when more than anything.

Also, consider Nelsen's position. If you're coaching this team would you start a guy who's been nearly perfect for four games or a guy who's played 60-something minutes in the past year? Imagine if Nelsen starts Frei and Frei makes a mistake that costs us a win or draw. Talk about embarrassing. I wouldn't take that risk when I have a good thing going in Bendik already.

Frei will get his start at some point. Maybe in the Canadian Championship. If not because Bendik slips up, then because we'll have to give him some games to show the league he can actually play so that there would be takers if we tried to move him. I hope he can at least get to 100 appearances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new hot thing is hating on Bendik, im guessing noone saw his point blank save off the header? Are we to blame him for 2 blatant mistakes by Russel?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    The new hot thing is hating on Bendik....
    3 posts and its the new hot thing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bendik is terrific. I love his presence. Like Milos that way, but even better. Gets out on guys in close and causes them to mishit. Also great on balls in the air. Which Frei isn't (or wasn't).

He kicks the ball as far as anyone in world football. Maybe he should be an NFL pinter.

He's too deliberate on his distribution, then tends to just punt. Has a lot of work to do there.

Frei is going to have trouble getting his job back.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-31-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are playing a 4-4-1-1 correct? If we are we need a midfielder that can also distribute the ball to rob. Not just a totally defensive one

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    The new hot thing is hating on Bendik, im guessing noone saw his point blank save off the header? Are we to blame him for 2 blatant mistakes by Russel?
    I don't hate him, I think he is fantastic at saving shots.

I don't blame him for either goal but Frei distributes better, so if you Frei can put it on Bostock or Lambe to move it up and get more goals, I want Frei.

Nelsen knows more than me, he said it really well yesterday (paraphrase) 'creative is romantic but first let's get our foundation built, then we can be creative' so maybe Bendik suits his views and goals better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Trade Silva for another forward when we have Koev and Earnshaw? Ummmm No.
    Especially when Silva plays beautifully in the 10 man position.

Seems to me that things are pretty good at the moment. We need 2 DMs and maybe a left back.

I am wondering if Urruti is being held up because we may not really need him as Earnshaw has performed beyond anyone's expectations.

Think we can get Kyle Beckerman?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    We are playing a 4-4-1-1 correct? If we are we need a midfielder that can also distribute the ball to rob. Not just a totally defensive one
    The team is playing the way it did under Mo Johnson. Balloon ball from the defenders rendering the midfielders useless. I am hoping this is a response to having utter shit midielders who don't know what to do with the ball when they do touch it, and anticipating real change once the current boss acquires skilledreplacements for bums like Dungfield and Hall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of people are saying that Frei won't start because he's only played 60 minutes in the last year. How do you expect him to get more minutes if you don't play him? If that is the excuse, just trade him away because you'll never let him play then. I would think on just his body of work so far, that should earn him a chance at starting. If they see something in practice, that's fine. But the 60 minutes argument is BS, IMO. Bendik played 5 games last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Urruti on the bench again today for NOB http://espnfc.com/us/en/gamecast/361...t=true&cc=5901

I believe he also scored the other day in Copa Argentina

Is anybody else starting to think he's not the Argentine TFC have been pursuing. I haven't been able to find word of NOB going into administration either so I'm not sure what to think. Also taking into account they are third in the table and boast stars like Heinze and Maxi Rodriguez I'm not sure why a player like Urruti would even want out. Honestly speaking, TFC would be a step down for him.

EDIT: Urruti now called upon off the bench
    Last edited by Smokecell; 03-31-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max Urruti entered the game in the 84th minute for Newell's Old Boys vs. San Lorenzo: Newell's Old Boys won 1-0.

http://espnfc.com/us/en/gamecast/sta...t=true&cc=5901

Man, I hope he signs this week. Need him up front with Earnshaw. Need more goals from other players. Earnshaw 4 and Osorio 1.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Max Urruti entered the game in the 84th minute for Newell's Old Boys vs. San Lorenzo: Newell's Old Boys won 1-0.

http://espnfc.com/us/en/gamecast/sta...t=true&cc=5901

Man, I hope he signs this week. Need him up front with Earnshaw. Need more goals from other players. Earnshaw 4 and Osorio 1.
    no we need a strong Koev's and new mids
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Especially when Silva plays beautifully in the 10 man position.

Seems to me that things are pretty good at the moment. We need 2 DMs and maybe a left back.

I am wondering if Urruti is being held up because we may not really need him as Earnshaw has performed beyond anyone's expectations.

Think we can get Kyle Beckerman?
    Beckermann or Osvaldo Alonso and we have a team. Either would be a fantastic addition to our midfield. Chances of getting either though? I'd say unlikely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last thing we need is to waste money in the striker position, with Earnshaw healthy and scoring, once Koev is healthy, assuming he retains his form from last season. We should be laughing in the striker position, behind the striker in the hole we now have Silva coming back and I would imagine once Koev is healthy him and Earnshaw may be playing together anyways. Bostock is doing a great job getting forward, dazzling with skill, and farely good on corners. Silva showed a nice bit of skill this weekend aswell to build up that goal. Its Lambe, and Ephraim for me that arn't doing it. They're just not providing service to our strikers that we desperately need. Hall is a goal leaking machine he's just gonna bash into people in the midfield, wont be able to pass good enough, wont be able to break up play. I'm a big Dunfield supporter so I won't say much on him other then in that last ten minutes I was thinking "Oh god let Dunfield back on!" I felt as if he never went off he could have been the game changer for once, breaking up play, drawing a foul here or there, who knows.

What we need is a decent replacement for Lambe, just an MLS caliber guy nobody who's going to work master pieces but somebody who is atleast going to put in a consistent shift every week.
    Ontop of that you're all right in saying we need a DM because Hall needs out of that midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Dunkfield is good value for what he is being paid, just don't think that we should be consistently have to rely on him as a core starter. I also think that it is too early to pass judgment on Hogan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    A lot of people are saying that Frei won't start because he's only played 60 minutes in the last year. How do you expect him to get more minutes if you don't play him?
    You go with your in form GK and you keep going while he's on form. Same with any position really. This is about what is best for TFC, not what's best for Frei.

If that is the excuse, just trade him away because you'll never let him play then.
    Sounds great to me. I would have traded him in the off season before last season. And this past off season we should have renegotiated Milos' contract up to ~100k and traded Frei and his 175k contract for Bendik.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see that DeRo could be on his was back to TFC? Apparently staff stayed late to push the deal through with DCU, could be why Urrutti deal hasn't been completed.
    Last edited by West220Side; 04-01-2013 at 03:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by West220Side View Post
    Interesting to see that DeRo could be on his was back to TFC? Apparently staff stayed late to push the deal through with NYRB, could be why Urrutti deal hasn't been completed.
    !! NYRB? You mean DC?

Oh man, this would make my week! ... and I just submitted the first draft of my thesis.

Where did you hear this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see that DeRo could be on his was back to TFC? Apparently staff stayed late to push the deal through with NYRB, could be why Urrutti deal hasn't been completed.
    ah wait... april fools?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah and I suppose he was happy to negotiate a deal with his good friend Cochrane. Piss off, don't even start this April fools DeRo shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see that DeRo could be on his was back to TFC? Apparently staff stayed late to push the deal through with DCU, could be why Urrutti deal hasn't been completed.
    nice one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bastian schweinsteiger type of player would be awesome a deep midfield playmaker that is good defensively

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elaborate April fools joke?

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Articles2012/ImpactacquireEckersleytradeWengertoTFC.aspx

Edit: after the enitial feeling of shock/sadness has passed,.... defffffffinit April fools Prank
    Last edited by Walms; 04-01-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's fake.....April Fool's Day