Page 197 of 288 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,910 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Then Maxwell Smart
    How about Max Headroom??!

YouTube for those who were born post '85ish.

http://youtu.be/IzxHDqUz8Sk

http://youtu.be/_KlfcpUfQCk
    Last edited by Dreadlocks; 08-04-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is the Urutti signing "official" yet or a rumour?? I've visited various NOB forums and saw that it seems Urutti has rescinded his contract last week, since NOB failed to fullfill there contractual obligations with him, therefore leaving him as a free agent. Maybe that's the reason why Payne and Lieweke could easily bypass the club to hire Urruti without fear of being penalized and give him a huge salary to entice him to play here?? So far all sites say he's not coming back and NOB are going to appeal to AFA that they are due for compensation. Hmm...we'll see the Urutti saga continue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    So is the Urutti signing "official" yet or a rumour?? I've visited various NOB forums and saw that it seems Urutti has rescinded his contract last week, since NOB failed to fullfill there contractual obligations with him, therefore leaving him as a free agent. Maybe that's the reason why Payne and Lieweke could easily bypass the club to hire Urruti without fear of being penalized and give him a huge salary to entice him to play here?? So far all sites say he's not coming back and NOB are going to appeal to AFA that they are due for compensation. Hmm...we'll see the Urutti saga continue
    He is suppose to land in Toronto sometime on Tuesday so we'll see what happens in next few days

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    From what the little voice in my head is telling me, this deal is pretty well done. He was ready to come together with Laba, but Newell dropped out of the deal last second because of their primary striker suffering injury. Ryan and Payne both seemed displeased with NOB at the time, but reiterated that they will continue to pursue Urruti. Now it appears that NoB missed a payment to Urruti, which allowed him to get out of his contract and become a free agent - NOB can dispute that all they want, but this precise matter is written in black and white... They're not going to get anything. I feel like they're causing all this hoopla because they fucked up and are trying to BS their way out of their fans throwing around shenanigans.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know why we dont go after more proven MLS experience talent?, like Rey could have been replaced my Micheal Stephans from LAG, Laba would be nicely paired with Perry Kitchen from DCU which would make an epic youthful Central Midfield for us. another player id like to see with us now that Dempsey and others have joined Seattle is Zakuani?... was rather very talented before his broken leg, still was after just needs some playing time, idk little side thought with all the Urruti Talk

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    Anyone know why we dont go after more proven MLS experience talent?,
    It's not like TFC can just pay out cash in transfer fees like in other leagues. TFC would have to offer something in trade. Unless they need Frei, I can't really see much there that other clubs would want and TFC doesn't need.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's not like TFC can just pay out cash in transfer fees like in other leagues. TFC would have to offer something in trade. Unless they need Frei, I can't really see much there that other clubs would want and TFC doesn't need.
    We could still be using Silva. And I understand moving him because they're actively looking to upgrade at the position he plays. But we could have used some cover at other positions too.

I thought allocation money we got for him could only be used this year. So.....I really hope we put it to some use.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    We could still be using Silva. And I understand moving him because they're actively looking to upgrade at the position he plays. But we could have used some cover at other positions too.

I thought allocation money we got for him could only be used this year. So.....I really hope we put it to some use.
    I've seen stuff in the past that suggested that allocation money was good for more than one season, although it expires at some point. * Sigh * one of the problems of everything being so secretive in MLS.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I've seen stuff in the past that suggested that allocation money was good for more than one season, although it expires at some point. * Sigh * one of the problems of everything being so secretive in MLS.
    It's true I hate all this secretive rules and regulations of the MLS. Seems like they just make it up on the fly.

I think the big part of the allocation from DC was to bring in our DP (Forlan) but it never panned out. I'm thinking if we have it up until next year they will be using it to bring in a DP that's being picked by Tim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or paying down the salary of someone to a non DP level, and then moving them back to DP level next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True could be done with Urrutis contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Kevin Payne is on record saying that Urruti would not be a DP contract so maybe that's where the allocation money went.

Now all they have to do is actually bring in Urruti. LOL

If the allocation money doesn't translate in to somebody in this window the Silva trade will be seen as a big failure to me. They said the offer from DC was so good it couldn't be turned down.

To me, that means that they got more than 100-150k. I'd hope that it hasn't already been used up on the Swiss LB.

Who knows. LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I understand it, how long Al Location is transferred is up to the teams involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al Location is essentially the most loaned player in the history of the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soc...e-sounders-mls

Seems we had a chance to get Dempsey and backed down.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Los Angeles and Toronto were also interested in ponying up for Dempsey, multiple sources said, but Toronto (which is working on its own Designated Player deals) accepted that it was better for the league if Dempsey were playing in a U.S. city.

I think we are going to get something out of this.

And Dempsey named us among his options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So transfer market closes Thursday.... hopefully our targets get signed earlier in the week rather than later (so they can get a run out on Wednesday and so i'm not checking this site every 9 seconds all week).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I think we are going to get something out of this.

And Dempsey named us among his options.

Agreed. Garber's not done giving TFC some under the table help, but he knew that Dempsey moving to an American club would be best for the league. Maybe us giving up on Dempsey nets us a "magical DP Spot" or something of the like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Puts in perspective the idea that no one wants to play for TFC doesn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defo good news he considered playing here.

My only worry is that is it was a reluctant wish as he knew we would be one of the few teams capable of paying his salary.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Defo good news he considered playing here.

My only worry is that is it was a reluctant wish as he knew we would be one of the few teams capable of paying his salary.
    New York wast on his list.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read on the mls site that toronto turned down the idea of dempsey coming here because as tfc stated it would be better for the league if he wentto an american city. If this is true i an absolutely finished with this circus. Its over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    I just read on the mls site that toronto turned down the idea of dempsey coming here because as tfc stated it would be better for the league if he wentto an american city. If this is true i an absolutely finished with this circus. Its over.
    if you read further, the price tag is 40mil.. seattle ponied up 30 mil, league did another 10...

I'd rather we spend 30 mil on 3 players that can improve this team.

It's a nice and political way of saying the right things to the league.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really read that article.

"Toronto accepted that it would be better"
    it didn't suggest that it would be better. It had to accept it.

I think when they say those clubs that he "considered" those where the clubs that put up the money. The league decided it was time for Seattle to become a "big club" in terms of signings. Plus they had the money so it worked out.

Toronto might of said sure we'll take him, and may have even offered more money to him, but the league realized that they can do what they want, and so Seattle it is.
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 08-05-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    Did you also read the part about TFC working on signing their own DP's... basically it was something that came up out of the blue. Payne knows the guys he wants to bring in and if he is in advanced negotiations with them why would he change his plan at the last min and ruin those relationships. Dempsey would have been nice but if Urruti is coming tomorrow and the other Maxi Moralez(rumored to be the DP we are after) comes later in the week is not pursuing Dempsey a bad thing?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dempsey in Toronto would have been fun.

But no way the league lets this go to anybody but a US based team.

And the amount of money they are spending on him, given they have turf, is just bonkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about Dempsy is, you pay for two things. One portion is what you get for on-field performance, the other portion is what you get out of his image paying for USMNT. TFC is only in a position to compensate him for one of those while an american club is in the position to compensate him for both.

I don't blame TFC for passing at all. Hopefully it earns us some goodwill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The thing about Dempsy is, you pay for two things. One portion is what you get for on-field performance, the other portion is what you get out of his image paying for USMNT. TFC is only in a position to compensate him for one of those while an american club is in the position to compensate him for both.

I don't blame TFC for passing at all. Hopefully it earns us some goodwill.
    I don't think we passed on him, we got Don'd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    I don't think we passed on him, we got Don'd
    As long as he doesn't stand in our way when we want our own big move I am okay with it.

Eventually this shenanigans of doing everything being the guise of "rules" will have to come to an end though. One day he'll bite off more than he can chew and have a major shit-storm on his hands.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A player as good as dempsey was available and they didnt do everything they could to bring him here! Some bullshit about better for the league is just that, bullshit. The club i support should only care about doing everything to have the best players it can. And the league paying part of the transfer fee takes the piss.. if we get 'Don'd' is that any better? If we have to hope the league bequeets us with goodwill well i'm sorry if i put my head in the oven with that one.
    Last edited by sully; 08-05-2013 at 02:16 PM.