Page 19 of 288 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    International Spot(s) and allocation money would be my hope if we are trading that slot.
    ^^THIS^^

Would help allow those rumoured Hondurans to come this summer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Ideally it's whoever is 2nd in allocation that wants him. We would essentially keep our allocation order by agreeing not to pick the player up. I don't know what the rules are on that in MLS, but an easy #1 for #2 + player/pick could be arranged as well, no?
    you can trade allocation spots and get whatever in return.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1m Julio Cesar has been released by TorontoFC #TFC

Damn, I was hoping he would be the answer in the middle of the field. He didn't take an international spot so this is a little puzzling. Maybe his salary was too big and we get some relief?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Interesting news. His nagging injuries probably weren't much of a help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 1m Julio Cesar has been released by TorontoFC #TFC
    My opinion on this is 100% driven by the cap implications. If as I fear we've lost $100K in cap room) ie half his salary, Payne has some 'splainin to do.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's this Julio Cesar you speak of? I believe I've seen a black cat cover more mileage for TFC than this guy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we're making a offer for Jermaine Jones.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Maybe we're making a offer for Jermaine Jones.
    contract is till summer of 2014
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the article on TSN

"TFC manager Ryan Nelsen said Friday he could not guarantee the Brazilian playing time with the Major League Soccer club."

Really? He is worse than Dunfiled and Hall? Seriously hope this is out of context.
    Last edited by Richard; 03-29-2013 at 01:13 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    From the article on TSN

"TFC manager Ryan Nelsen said Friday he could not guarantee the Brazilian playing time with the Major League Soccer club."

Really? He is worse than Dunfiled and Hall? Seriously hope this is out of context.
    some big balls KP has, cutting Julio Cesar just as he was about to be healthy. ironic, considering torontofc.ca just ran a story on Cesar

we all knew that Cesar was a stop gap measure. at 34, he was not going to be a long term solution. KP saw desperate lack of talent in TFC squad. Saw Julio Cesar available for immediate improvement in quality, but was smart enough to sign him to a non guaranteed contract (well, this would be smart thing to do). Fast forward to now and improvement in the squad at DM, at least to level that makes Cesar expendable. ruthless, yes. pragmatic, hell yes.

it sucks for Cesar that he got cut now though

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we know how much Cesar was making roughly? As he's a non-gurantee release, do we get that money back in cap space now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne better have a quality DM signing up his sleeve, because there's no way we will last with Hall and Dunfield as our CM pairing, and we'll be even more screwed if one of those two gets an injury. And neither of those two covers enough ground or is aggressive enough to pair up with Bekker in CM which means he'll have to get his minutes up top or out wide where he is WAY less effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Do we know how much Cesar was making roughly? As he's a non-gurantee release, do we get that money back in cap space now?
    probably ~200k. But I can't see cap space being the reason since we have a boatload of it already from getting rid of Frings+Hassli, plus a major allocation for coming last, plus all the allocation from trading down the draft order

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if on a non guaranteed contract, pretty much

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I echo what others have said, what changed between now and 2 wks ago, either he was in the plans or not. Did he have to get fit in order to cut him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely getting the feeling that we don't have the full story with Cesar.

Hall and Dunfield are going to continue costing us goals if they keep starting in central midfield. Payne better sign those Hondurans in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting news. Feel like it came out of nowhere. Only explanation I can ever think of for surprise drops like this is that we're about to sign someone new. Here's hoping.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Payne better have a quality DM signing up his sleeve, because there's no way we will last with Hall and Dunfield as our CM pairing, and we'll be even more screwed if one of those two gets an injury. And neither of those two covers enough ground or is aggressive enough to pair up with Bekker in CM which means he'll have to get his minutes up top or out wide where he is WAY less effective.
    Russel has played a lot of career as DM too, so he may get some game time in that position ahead of Dunfield and Hall eventually. Russel seems to have a fair amount of quality about him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I echo what others have said, what changed between now and 2 wks ago, either he was in the plans or not. Did he have to get fit in order to cut him?
    Well he was injured, so maybe they wanted to see him in action before deciding if he fit in? In addition to the cap space, I think the roster spot he frees up was an important part of this decision. Hopefully this means some signings are imminent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An out of the blue release like this is either a signing coming and they need they cap dollars or he did or he said something and they needed to get Cesar out of here. Just surprising that there hasn't been alot of rumors or talk about signings outside of Urritti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    From the article on TSN

Tell me about it. Sometimes I question what these managers are seeing compared to the thousands of people who have a different view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomorrow is the last day the window is open if i'm not mistaken. I wonder if the holdup with Urruti will be solved, or if we will need to wait until summer. Hopefully we have someone coming in, even if its not who we thought.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Tomorrow is the last day the window is open if i'm not mistaken. I wonder if the holdup with Urruti will be solved, or if we will need to wait until summer. Hopefully we have someone coming in, even if its not who we thought.
    (B) TRANSFERS AND LOANS
    An MLS player may be transferred or loaned at any time to a team outside the League (subject to that team’s Federation’s transfer window), subject to the consent of the player.

The registration windows – the dates between which MLS may request the transfer certificate of a player under contract in another country – are as follows:

February 12 – May 6 (Primary Window)
    July 9 – August 8 (Secondary Window)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    Tell me about it. Sometimes I question what these managers are seeing compared to the thousands of people who have a different view.
    It's not always a "footballing" reason that players leave a club. These guys arent footballing robots - they also have other things going on, and there off field issues, different points of view. It seems that the Cesar thing is more likely a non-footballing issue, or at least a difference in opinion that means that Cesar doesn't belong in Nelson's plans. Simply comparing Cesar to Hall and Dunfield is looking at it from a very one dimensional (footballing) way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not always a "footballing" reason that players leave a club. These guys arent footballing robots - they also have other things going on, and there off field issues, different points of view. It seems that the Cesar thing is more likely a non-footballing issue, or at least a difference in opinion that means that Cesar doesn't belong in Nelson's plans. Simply comparing Cesar to Hall and Dunfield is looking at it from a very one dimensional (footballing) way.
    I tend to agree

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I'm not a mod, but before anybody carries on the Cesar convo here, best go to the thread specifically about him and post there

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    simeon jackson is shit.
    nice reference to a Canadian player who at the drop of a hat plays for Canada, instead of his other available options. A bit more depth and critical thought is more respectable/deserving to a player who wants to play for Canada.
    Last edited by jazzy; 03-30-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure speculation here, but does anyone else think we might trade Frei at some point this season? Bendik's looking like a hell of a keeper. There was talk of possibly moving Frei back when Kocic was doing well but even then Kocic would make the odd mistake... Bendik has been literally mistake-free (not to mention numerous good saves) and we're four games into the season.

Any MLS teams with goalie trouble?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would not think so. bendik may have shown he is capable but his ball distribution is not good. Every ball forward either goes into touch or it is a 50 50 ball that we don't win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Pure speculation here, but does anyone else think we might trade Frei at some point this season? Bendik's looking like a hell of a keeper. There was talk of possibly moving Frei back when Kocic was doing well but even then Kocic would make the odd mistake... Bendik has been literally mistake-free (not to mention numerous good saves) and we're four games into the season.

Any MLS teams with goalie trouble?
    It has been a while but IIRC Frei and Bendik are pretty much the same IN net, and Frei is better at other stuff. Hope to see Frei start next week.