Page 18 of 288 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simeon Jackson is that frustrating striker who does so well to get himself into great scoring positions, but wastes so many opportunities.

He really thrived in the lower divisions earlier on in his career, and he's still young, but i would be a little leery about taking a flyer on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Just a thought, but Simeon Jackson is out of contract from Norwich come summer. Doesn't look to be in Norwich's plans as he is looking to go on loan with Brighton now.

Likely get picked up by a Championship club, but something to think about, if he does become available
    No. There are far better strikers for the cap hit he would cost us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope we don't ever look Jackson's way. Unless of course we are doing a 2009 again and overpaying Canadians to fill our line up because it makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson is a "super sub" who can play as a striker or winger. I will only sign him if we can get him for cheap ($200K at most given his age and experience)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Jackson is a "super sub" who can play as a striker or winger. I will only sign him if we can get him for cheap ($200K at most given his age and experience)
    good to know our team is in good hands

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    $200K for a 'super sub' striker whose strike rate is 1 in 3 in a league that people around here usually complain about the quality of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he's a poor mans robert earnshaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norwich just signed RvW (yes, THAT RvW) so Simeon is definitely not in the plan. Even Grant Holt may be out of the plan now. So he'll more than likely be availabe. I don't think Simeon is shit. He has speed to burn with and without the ball. Does lack clinical finishing, but he's decent. Lay off him people!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Norwich just signed RvW (yes, THAT RvW) so Simeon is definitely not in the plan. Even Grant Holt may be out of the plan now. So he'll more than likely be availabe. I don't think Simeon is shit. He has speed to burn with and without the ball. Does lack clinical finishing, but he's decent. Lay off him people!
    van Wolfswinkel? That's the only RvW I can think of...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take a fyler on him at a good price. Has the speed and ability to create. Yeah his finishing is a little suspect but who knows he might be able to turn it around with some consistant playing time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    yep.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Household name. Forget the "P."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^Maybe you can give us Becchio back then. He hasn't done much for yas since he joined!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Maybe you can give us Becchio back then. He hasn't done much for yas since he joined!
    Ha, that's true. He's barely played.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seconded....... pretty please?
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like Max Urruti is in the starting lineup for Newell's Old Boys Argentina Cup game:

http://www.copaargentina.org/es/part...-Newell-s.html

https://twitter.com/CANOBoficial

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=urruti&src=typd

What happens if he get's injured? Why didn't TFC tell Newell's Old Boys that he can't play. If he does get injured the deal could collapse. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    he's a poor mans robert earnshaw
    I think that's a pretty accurate description.

He can probably still find good work in the championship too, don't think MLS will be on his mind in the immediate future at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max Urruti scores Newell's Old Boys second goal in the Argentina Cup:

http://espnfc.com/scores/_/league/ar...entina?cc=5901

A little nervous that Newell's backs out and it collapses. Hope Urruti is announced soon.

Newell's Old Boys play again in league action on Sunday:

http://espnfc.com/scores/_/league/arg.1/date/20130331/primera-division-de-argentina?cc=5901

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind we don't actually know that it is Urruti (although it likely is).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is Urruti, pretty much confirmed by all TFC beat reporters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ixtqtPJD-U

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    It is Urruti, pretty much confirmed by all TFC beat reporters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ixtqtPJD-U
    I am confused. Just why does this player want to take a step down in his career path by leaving Argentina for MLS? Is it about the $ ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I am confused. Just why does this player want to take a step down in his career path by leaving Argentina for MLS? Is it about the $ ?
    MLS is not a step down in the quality and as I understand it is a step up in exposure.

Ideally though, I would love to see a squad that is mainly unchanged over the years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the past MLS was off the map for a player looking to progress in their career. Now, for a player in the pack, some players (probably more accurately - their agents) are starting to see MLS as an opportunity to get some exposure. Enough players have come here and had success that word is starting to get around, especially after some players have gotten picked up by Prem teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Even in Countries where Football/Soccer is the number 1 sport, they have divisions in their leagues that are poorer than MLS, the exposure thing is a good point. In fact in my opinion MLS have improved and are becoming more of a player, in the Football World Internationally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    In the past MLS was off the map for a player looking to progress in their career. Now, for a player in the pack, some players (probably more accurately - their agents) are starting to see MLS as an opportunity to get some exposure. Enough players have come here and had success that word is starting to get around, especially after some players have gotten picked up by Prem teams.
    More on the point of exposure: I believe that, due to the similar styles of play (physicality/intensity, albeit lower overall quality), MLS often serves as a good test of character for SA & CA players being scouted by EPL sides; in many cases, foreign players struggle to adapt, whether that be down to language/cultural differences, home-sickness or what have you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN4m
    U.S. mid Jermaine Jones is rumoured to be interested in MLS, according to http://Goal.com . #TFC remains top of the allocation order.

Expand

I wonder if this will lead to some movement? Maybe there is a team out there who really want him, and would be willing to trade up?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jpexxx View Post
    Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN4m
    U.S. mid Jermaine Jones is rumoured to be interested in MLS, according to http://Goal.com . #TFC remains top of the allocation order.

Expand

I wonder if this will lead to some movement? Maybe there is a team out there who really want him, and would be willing to trade up?
    we'll see when summer comes. Jones probably is looking for DP level money though. and I can see Kevin Payne fleecing a 1st rd pick out of someone...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    More on the point of exposure: I believe that, due to the similar styles of play (physicality/intensity, albeit lower overall quality), MLS often serves as a good test of character for SA & CA players being scouted by EPL sides; in many cases, foreign players struggle to adapt, whether that be down to language/cultural differences, home-sickness or what have you.
    Good point on the EPL thing, MLS plays pretty similar to EPL (not same quality but many of the same styles)

As for quality, I have watched a lot of games so far this year and I understand soccer better this year than in years past (I only started watching in 2011) Watching the DC vs. CLB game was as entertaining and QUALITY as bottom 1/3 EPL teams going at it. MLS is VERY watchable, especially for those that know less about soccer, Serie A is probably the best overall but to the uninitiated/less initiated it isn't as exciting as MLS.

Anyway, I think we should be able to attract quality young talent now, and as time goes on, I think we should be able to KEEP quality young talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    we'll see when summer comes. Jones probably is looking for DP level money though. and I can see Kevin Payne fleecing a 1st rd pick out of someone...
    Ideally it's whoever is 2nd in allocation that wants him. We would essentially keep our allocation order by agreeing not to pick the player up. I don't know what the rules are on that in MLS, but an easy #1 for #2 + player/pick could be arranged as well, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

International Spot(s) and allocation money would be my hope if we are trading that slot.