Page 172 of 288 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,160 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The problem isn't waiting and seeing if a guy turns out to be good or not, it's all about looking for more to complain about if the guy does end up good. Seriously, and I would bet on this, if we had Montreal's record and everything now at least half the posts would be on this guy is shit, that guy is shit, not enough Canadians on the roster, wasting cap space, Cochrane is an idiot, fire Bierne, ML$E wants to win to raise ticket prices, etc. Even when we had a good run, like in the CCL, there was always more negativity than positivity and there always will be.

Now back to topic as posted above.
    That bet is a pretty negative viewpoint. Lol

If we were near the top in the east, a shoe in for the playoffs and already addressing an issue that has recently come up in terms of defensive woes, I would certainly not be bitching.

The poor performance and bad management has outweighed the good by a margin of 10-1 when it comes to TFC. Why are you surprised that negativity has done the same?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Why do people think that complaining about a club that has done waaaaaaaaaaaay more bad than good equals only wanting to complain?

The track record of this club speaks for itself.

Ultra....when we had winter and had an awful record were your complaints just a symptom of people only complaining?

Guys...I get wanting to be positive. But can we, at the very least, be neutral until they do something positive?

Merely signing an unknown player is not a positive. Nor is it a negative.

People are skeptical based on the track record. The history.

Look at Montreal...they just signed a youngish argentine cb and I don't think the overwhelming response from their fans is going to be negative.

But that's probably just because their club hasn't disappointed their fans over and over and over.

Being optimistic about TFC right now flies in the face of logic. I'll wait until the positive things start happening before I get happy with what they're doing.

Hopefully Rey turns out to be a positive.
    That's the point. Among a certain group, the signing is already negative. Among a certain group, the fact the DC United had a stadium announcement yesterday is proof that Payne is a bad GM. Among a certain group every TFCLive on twitter is licence to make annoying sarcastic comments the entire match. Etc, etc. I'm all for accountability if it's reasoned and rational but we aren't getting reasoned and rational accountability right now from some. It's over the top and annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laba? Caldwell?

But prior to coming here Laba was getting dumped on for his goal numbers on Wiki and Caldwell was HOOFBALL!!!1! because he came from the English leagues. I still believe there is almost no one realistically we could sign that everyone would be happy with. Even if we signed someone unrealistic like Rooney then the cry of ML$E just doing it to sell jerseys and raise ticket prices would come out. I have come to accept that a great majority of supporters mainly support complaining about everything to do with the team they support.
    The organization has earned every bit of vitriol it has received from supporters at this point in time.

I agree that there is a segment of the fan base that has always been cynical, but in the first few years following the inception of the franchise, they were in the extreme minority. The great majority of supporters that are extremely disenchanted with the current state of the organization are absolutely justified in terms of their outlook.

As an organization, TFC has made it's own bed on and off the field for the last seven years. The onus is on the current ownership group and management regime to change the perception of the franchise, and justifiably so.

I’ll be a TFC supporter for life, and despite the tumultuous history of the franchise, I still prefer to give the benefit of the doubt to Payne and Nelsen until they have been given adequate time to build a foundation for this club. However, I can certainly understand why an increased level of pessimism has set in among those of us that still bother to genuinely support this club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyway, we're way off topic. Sorry for sidelining the thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem isn't waiting and seeing if a guy turns out to be good or not, it's all about looking for more to complain about if the guy does end up good. Seriously, and I would bet on this, if we had Montreal's record and everything now at least half the posts would be on this guy is shit, that guy is shit, not enough Canadians on the roster, wasting cap space, Cochrane is an idiot, fire Bierne, ML$E wants to win to raise ticket prices, etc. Even when we had a good run, like in the CCL, there was always more negativity than positivity and there always will be.

Now back to topic as posted above.
    I seriously doubt it. If we had Montreal's record, we would be making threads with polls contemplating whether or not to erect a statue of Kevin Payne on the grounds of BMO Field. I guarantee that if Payne and Nelsen can turn around the fortunes of this club, they will be heralded as saviors by the overwhelming majority of the fan base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As per nelson rey is available for tomorrow not for 90

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"@torontofc: Nelsen: we know it has been frustrating for fans, we are getting close to signing more of our targets. #TFClive"

Looks like we may have more comming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    As per nelson rey is available for tomorrow not for 90
    I'll take it. Anything that puts Osorio in to the middle of the field without having to put Lambe on the field is a good thing. Even for 30-60 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take it. Anything that puts Osorio in to the middle of the field without having to put Lambe on the field is a good thing. Even for 30-60 minutes.
    Agreed. Osorio has looked more dangerous in a central attacking role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that very much, Osorio and Laba look very much in sync, in my opinion it is always exciting watching those 2 interplay!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For whatever reason, there's 2 whitecaps officials staying at the Intercontinental hotel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As individuals Payne and Nelsen deserve time to work on their vision. Dumping salary was the easy one to achieve, bringing in quality players will be difficult, having everything mesh into a winning team will be even harder.

There's a hell of a lot of shit to clear up before I can put my rose coloured glassed back on. That's TFC's fault, not Payne and Nelsen, history is not on their side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I like that very much, Osorio and Laba look very much in sync, in my opinion it is always exciting watching those 2 interplay!!
    I'd love to see a new partner for Laba. A deep lying creative central mid would be great. Let Laba break things up and move the ball without the help of a guy like Hall.

That, and a new striker and I'd be happy to sit back and watch what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
    As individuals Payne and Nelsen deserve time to work on their vision. Dumping salary was the easy one to achieve, bringing in quality players will be difficult, having everything mesh into a winning team will be even harder.

There's a hell of a lot of shit to clear up before I can put my rose coloured glassed back on. That's TFC's fault, not Payne and Nelsen, history is not on their side.
    Very good post! Agreed and seconded!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rey takes #23. Dunfield still available from the store with that #. I'm waiting for the sale on Cesar's #55.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    For whatever reason, there's 2 whitecaps officials staying at the Intercontinental hotel
    Fool us twice, shame on us. I'm sure they'll find Payne/Nelsen shrewder customers than Mariner was.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Hmmmmm....weird.
    Shitecaps don't play us or cocklumbus again this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    Fool us twice, shame on us. I'm sure they'll find Payne/Nelsen shrewder customers than Mariner was.
    Lol TFC lookin for a refund?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Knighton looked good during their recent stretch but he was shaky against LA. Cannon is pretty much done I think. Wonder if they see Frei as a good option heading into the playoffs in case Knighton falters? What else do we have that Vancouver would want?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Knighton looked good during their recent stretch but he was shaky against LA. Cannon is pretty much done I think. Wonder if they see Frei as a good option heading into the playoffs in case Knighton falters? What else do we have that Vancouver would want?
    They have 4 goalkeepers now. Might as well add another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't see that - why did then sign Ousted then?

Yeah it's a headscratcher who we'd have, first that we'd be willing to give up, then that any team would want!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Can't see that - why did then sign Ousted then?

Yeah it's a headscratcher who we'd have, first that we'd be willing to give up, then that any team would want!
    Exactly. Unless we take a GK back and it's a swap. I have no idea why they signed Ousted since they are riding Knighton anyway. Let's hope they see the greatness of Lambe and can convince us to reluctantly part with our Caribbean superstar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Friday! It's Friday!
    ...wasnt something supposed to happen today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From an article today:

"So, one of two things happened: Either Rey impressed to the point TFC is willing to take a chance on the young winger, or the club couldn’t get the aforementioned Argentines in on loan ahead of the international transfer window closing next month."

Anyone know the details of Rey's contract? This could go a long way to an educated guess at which of the above is true.

EDIT: Sorry if discussed already. 172 pages is a lot to search through........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well rey will most likely be our only signing of the summer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh shit. I remember the last time Whitecaps officials were in town we walked away with Eric Hassli.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    well rey will most likely be our only signing of the summer
    No it won't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Oh shit. I remember the last time Whitecaps officials were in town we walked away with Eric Hassli.
    True but do they have any other propped up losers on bad contracts to dump? Besides Cannon that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The whitecaps are an ideal trading partner.

They have so many attacking options and probably need to give a few away to add to their shaky backline.

We don't really have much to give though..

Im thinking we take Omar Salgado off their hands...

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember we tried to move Morgan? Whitecaps would be a team that may have interest...totally pulling that out of my ass though.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil