Page 17 of 288 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think comparing the players to employees isn't an entirely correct comparison. Since we pay to see the players play, they are essentially the product. And like any product, we - the customers - have the right to review it, talk about it, and complain when it is below standard.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I think comparing the players to employees isn't an entirely correct comparison. Since we pay to see the players play, they are essentially the product. And like any product, we - the customers - have the right to review it, talk about it, and complain when it is below standard.
    and if KP is any smart, he'd ignore most, if not all of the bitching
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    Food for thought: http://thesunshineroom.com/2013/03/1...llel-universe/ re-tweeted by Jason deVos. The parallel universe where footie players critique our days at work. Remember this the next time you comment on a player who doesn't 'measure up'...
    Meh. Everybody's life is hard in different ways. Most football players wouldn't trade places with most people for one second.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm in my local bank and the teller is a little slow I'm going to start chanting "who ate all the pies" followed by "you don't know what you're doing"! I'm then going to throw my coffee at them and shout a lot of obscenities and expect them to improve their speed and not react to what I'm shouting at them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    When I'm in my local bank and the teller is a little slow I'm going to start chanting "who ate all the pies" followed by "you don't know what you're doing"! I'm then going to throw my coffee at them and shout a lot of obscenities and expect them to improve their speed and not react to what I'm shouting at them!
    Next time I see Rob Ford, I will throw him a mickey of vodka.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Thanks T-Boy, I'm going to do that, those bank tellers are useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true - and has NOTHING to do with the players making millions and millions or hundreds of thousands of dollars either...

I work in television, for a very well known sports network... People are constantly complaining about things on it; some I didn't do and have no say in, and some things that I did directly...

BUT, they are paying customers, and have every right to voice their opinion...

I don't make millions of dollars, or even a big salary by 'middle-class' standards, yet there's times I read on the internet about things I did "...this was a joke and piece of shit..." and I just have to take it, and try not to let it bother me (although to be honest it does)...

ALSO, I read constantly, people stating things as "fact" about my channel, and stuff I have done and they are COMPLETELY WRONG, but you just have to take it and say nothing...

They are customers - and while customers may not always be 'right', they are still customers and need to be respected as such...

Any time you step into the public eye you open yourself up to criticism, even this post will - and any time you sell something, you do so even more (be it selling a ticket, charging for a service etc)...

It is what it is...

There are pros and cons to every job - one of the (few) cons of being a professional athlete at any level is the criticism that will come with it. Whether you're Messi/Ronaldo/Gerrard or Dunfield/Frei/Morgan the level doesn't matter, the criticism will come...
    Last edited by Carts; 03-26-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Very well said. Couldn't agree more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In real life, if you put forth a sub-standard product or service you should expect to hear about it from the paying customer. Many moons ago i worked in telemarketing, i heard way worse than Mr. De Vos. Received death threats. And i was a kid making minimum wage.

Although i don't recommend throwing a can of Keith's at a bank teller. That's ignorant in all walks of life.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21938151

Swindon interested in Andy Johnson for loan. Been very injury prone, haven't played in Sept, but does have lots of EPL experience.

Short term loan to have a look?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The player/employee comparison is interesting, but has nothing to do with TFC player movement. I blame TFC for not having more exciting signing news, if they did we would have to have conversations about Terry and cartoons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    You don't pay to see the bank teller. Again, your references are completely off.

See Carts' response for an accurate depiction.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who walks into a bank?

Don't any of you people use the internet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Who walks into a bank?

Don't any of you people use the internet?
    Bahahahaha!!!

^ C-C-C Combo Breaker!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    You don't pay to see the bank teller. Again, your references are completely off.

See Carts' response for an accurate depiction.
    I don't think my assessment is completely off at all.

I work in hospitality so have to deal with customers all the time, and have to deal with reviews online, assessments, ratings etc just like any other job. But the difference between my job and being a professional footballer is that I don't have 20,000 people surrounding my office, cheering, shouting, throwing things at me, insulting me personally, criticising my every move, being racist, homophobic, commenting on the way I run, write, do almost anything. I can't think of any other "normal" job where there is a live audience openly criticising you as a professional WHILE you are doing your job. Yes, we all have individual customers that aren't happy. But footballers (and other sports people) deal with thousands of people being extremely aggresive in the middle of their normal day job that are watching live from the sidelines. I'm not sure that's comparable to ANY other vocation!

Also, you DO pay to see the bank teller as you pay to be with your bank. If you don't like that teller you can pull all your money and investments out of that bank and go put it somewhere else. But what you can't do is stand in the bank and insult the teller and chant and throw things at them. In almost any other place other than in a sports stadium, you would be arrested for doing that. In a sports stadium, people join in with you and you are deemed normal. That same behaviour would never be tollerated in almost all other areas of life.
    Last edited by T-boy; 03-26-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Next time I see Rob Ford, I will throw him a mickey of vodka.
    Man, he'd love it!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What are these "bank tellers" you speak of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont understand this comparing professional athletes to everyday jobs. Such public criticism and name calling is part of the job and athletes know this before becoming professional.

Its the same being a celebrity, the paparazzi follow you everywhere. If this happened to the average person we would call it stalking. People may not like the public scrutiny aspect of it but the pros of being a celebrity/athlete more than make up for that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can the argument about celebrity/athlete criticism have it's own thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope to hear some news soon on the Argentinian, anyone heard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously. Everyone posting in this threat about non-pertinent information should be warned by mods, and repeat offenders should be suspended from posting. This is getting out of hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    I really hope to hear some news soon on the Argentinian, anyone heard?
    Conversation starter.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post
    Seriously. Everyone posting in this threat about non-pertinent information should be warned by mods, and repeat offenders should be suspended from posting. This is getting out of hand.
    Everyone, back to topic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Everyone, back to topic!
    Finally all this blabbering can stop thank you. Get to the real news and rumors. BTW yesterday Nelson had no updates on the new argentine dp, so I guess all else is quiet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very surprised that we haven't heard anything about the Argentinean. Two weeks ago, we thought we'd be hearing about a signing at any moment. I thought for sure that we'd have him before Saturday's game. What gives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dv23 View Post
    I'm very surprised that we haven't heard anything about the Argentinean. Two weeks ago, we thought we'd be hearing about a signing at any moment. I thought for sure that we'd have him before Saturday's game. What gives.
    I keep hearing "...waiting on the ITC..." (International Transfer Certificate)...

But let's be honest, that is probably used to cover 1,000,000 possible reasons an international signing is taking time. From league holdups, to passports, to taxes, to saying goodbye to his mom, to packing his bags, to problems with the deal, to illness, delayed flight, can't sell his house, can't find an apartment, getting cold feet, gone missing, gone fishing, having goodbye sex with wife, having goodbye sex with girlfriend 1, having goodbye sex with girlfriend 2, having goodbye sex with girlfriend 3, trying to get his buddy brought over as his chef, lost his keys, ran out of gas, watching 'The Shield', cutting the grass, or tearing a final one off...

All of those are explained as "...waiting on the ITC..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I keep hearing "...waiting on the ITC..." (International Transfer Certificate)...

But let's be honest, that is probably used to cover 1,000,000 possible reasons an international signing is taking time. From league holdups, to passports, to taxes, to saying goodbye to his mom, to packing his bags, to problems with the deal, to illness, delayed flight, can't sell his house, can't find an apartment, getting cold feet, gone missing, gone fishing, having goodbye sex with wife, having goodbye sex with girlfriend 1, having goodbye sex with girlfriend 2, having goodbye sex with girlfriend 3, trying to get his buddy brought over as his chef, lost his keys, ran out of gas, watching 'The Shield', cutting the grass, or tearing a final one off...

All of those are explained as "...waiting on the ITC..."
    Might be having problems with his local bank teller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Might be having problems with his local bank teller.
    HAHAHAHA...!!!! Well Played!

That too is listed as Waited on ITC!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought, but Simeon Jackson is out of contract from Norwich come summer. Doesn't look to be in Norwich's plans as he is looking to go on loan with Brighton now.

Likely get picked up by a Championship club, but something to think about, if he does become available

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simeon jackson is shit.