Page 165 of 288 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of you are about to roll your eyes...but...

Atletico Mineiro won the Copa Libertadores last night, coming back from a 2-nil first leg deficit.

Ronaldinho, 33, has 6 months left on his contract. He won't be on the WC squad next year, so maybe it's about time he takes one last big-money deal

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/ronal...tadores-title/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how how his form has been, but if hes half as good as he used to be, I would love to see him in a tfc kit. Would also be a big name like lewickie wants. Id be open to a 2 year deal, with team option for a 3rd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His dental plan would cost more than Forlan's contract offer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves_On_Tour View Post
    His dental plan would cost more than Forlan's contract offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    Some of you are about to roll your eyes...but...

Atletico Mineiro won the Copa Libertadores last night, coming back from a 2-nil first leg deficit.

Ronaldinho, 33, has 6 months left on his contract. He won't be on the WC squad next year, so maybe it's about time he takes one last big-money deal

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/ronal...tadores-title/
    Was readin that he looked gassed half way trough the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we have to get a big name DP then I would hope it would be a can't miss type of one and not one we're taking a gamble on production-wise just because everyone knows who he is. I see him as one of the gambles. He has been in decline for years and there is no certainty that he can hack it here physically or if he'd even be into it mentally. Seems to me that he 'checked out' of a lot matches at Milan near the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not in the sports biz, and I'm sure it takes time to nail down contracts. But, my expectation was that there were at least one or two players they had been working on for months, had deals ready with and were just waiting until the window opened to put pen to paper to make official. The fact that we keep hearing some of the stronger rumoured signings have signed elsewhere suggests to me things either fell apart, or they weren't that close to begin with. For me that's the worry.

It puts some of our other deals in a different light too. I can see the logic in moving Silva for example, but not if there isn't an upgrade at that position in this window. They might as well have kept him and moved in the off season. Also makes me worry that the revert to form and panic buy. I would still rather see nothing than an O'Dea deal. The way the team is right now, it's competitive 95% of the games. We could go the season with this lineup if need be. Don't go ruining next year with an out of whack contract to show the fans they are doing something!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If we have to get a big name DP then I would hope it would be a can't miss type of one and not one we're taking a gamble on production-wise just because everyone knows who he is. I see him as one of the gambles. He has been in decline for years and there is no certainty that he can hack it here physically or if he'd even be into it mentally. Seems to me that he 'checked out' of a lot matches at Milan near the end.
    I can't speak to the physical game, but Ronaldinho has been in-form for the past season which earned him a call-up for a Brazil friendly earlier this year. He's rated again by many clubs in Europe. The thinking is he's finally got his act together - just too little too late for the WC squad.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23317334

In the past 12 months with Atletico Mineiro, he has played his best football since those Barcelona glory days. And now his team are just a two-legged final away from being crowned champions of South America - thus setting up the prospect of a meeting with Guardiola in December's World Club Cup. - Tim Vickery, BBC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Canary10...judging from your name and photo, you're a fellow Norwich City fan.

Now, before people get all huffy and puffy and "THIS THREAD IS FOR TFC TRANSFER RUMOURS ONLY BLAH BLAH BLAH", I think it's relevant to quickly discuss what Norwich have managed to accomplish this transfer window.

Some smart, smart moves on bringing in the likes of Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, Leroy Fer and now to soon be confirmed, Gary Hooper from Celtic. Any of these guys could've easily gone to a squad who was a for sure contender in their domestic league/champions league/etc, but they chose to head to Norwich because they've created a positive, "moving in the right direction" mentality. Whereas, TFC has not.

I agree with many others in that players of high calibre may not want to come here because of the past 6 years, with such high player/coach turnover, mismanagement/etc.

Wish I could've been a fly on the wall during DeRo's and Silva's first conversation when he landed @ DC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Hey Canary10...judging from your name and photo, you're a fellow Norwich City fan.

Now, before people get all huffy and puffy and "THIS THREAD IS FOR TFC TRANSFER RUMOURS ONLY BLAH BLAH BLAH", I think it's relevant to quickly discuss what Norwich have managed to accomplish this transfer window.

Some smart, smart moves on bringing in the likes of Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, Leroy Fer and now to soon be confirmed, Gary Hooper from Celtic. Any of these guys could've easily gone to a squad who was a for sure contender in their domestic league/champions league/etc, but they chose to head to Norwich because they've created a positive, "moving in the right direction" mentality. Whereas, TFC has not.

I agree with many others in that players of high calibre may not want to come here because of the past 6 years, with such high player/coach turnover, mismanagement/etc.

Wish I could've been a fly on the wall during DeRo's and Silva's first conversation when he landed @ DC.
    Nathan Redmond also. I'm optimistic. I think they've made kind of under the radar but significant signings this off season (ie. no big splashes, but players of real quality). They look like a team that should have some longevity in the EPL. TFC should follow that model in my opinion. Instead we go the QPR route of paying too much for players with something of a name who never live up.

Ok, end of diversion.
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-25-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

.. sorry - I just had to.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Haddy;1603480]Some of you are about to roll your eyes...but...

I would love to see him, man is he fun to watch. I went to Milano to see his first game in the red and black colours, and my god he is a wizard with the ball. Watching him do his pre-game warm ups and keep ups, simply amazing...but yeah he loves brazil too much and won't leave. But that would be beyond amazing if he came for 1-2 yrs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they chose to head to Norwich because they've created a positive, "moving in the right direction" mentality. Whereas, TFC has not.
    I think Leiweke/Payne/Nelson are moving the team in the right direction but it's gonna take some time to overcome the reputation of the past. There is no mad rush of players wanting to come here... that much should be obvious by now, but if they stay the course, keep the turn-over low both on the field and in the FO, we'll eventually see Norwich is experiencing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey Canary10...judging from your name and photo, you're a fellow Norwich City fan.Now, before people get all huffy and puffy and "THIS THREAD IS FOR TFC TRANSFER RUMOURS ONLY BLAH BLAH BLAH", I think it's relevant to quickly discuss what Norwich have managed to accomplish this transfer window.Some smart, smart moves on bringing in the likes of Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, Leroy Fer and now to soon be confirmed, Gary Hooper from Celtic. Any of these guys could've easily gone to a squad who was a for sure contender in their domestic league/champions league/etc, but they chose to head to Norwich because they've created a positive, "moving in the right direction" mentality. Whereas, TFC has not.I agree with many others in that players of high calibre may not want to come here because of the past 6 years, with such high player/coach turnover, mismanagement/etc.Wish I could've been a fly on the wall during DeRo's and Silva's first conversation when he landed @ DC.
    You guys have made some good signings, but I thought Hooper was on the verge of signing with QPR? Oh, and BTW, now that he's surplus to requirements, could you please send us Becchio back? EDIT: Looks like you guys did beat QPR - has agreed terms with Norwich and is having a medical today. Anyway, /thread hijack
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 07-25-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    You guys have made some good signings, but I thought Hooper was on the verge of signing with QPR? Oh, and BTW, now that he's surplus to requirements, could you please send us Becchio back?
    I wondered if you were going to say that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post

.. sorry - I just had to.
    Lol.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...if the tweets were true and that guy we were talking about yesterday as ready to sign was on a plane....is he stuck in Moscow looking for a transit visa or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take stroke boy Ronaldinho in a heartbeat. Beggers can't be choosers at this point, and he'd certainly be the best player on the team the very second he steps onto the pitch. How can we say no to that? Check our results this season.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    So...if the tweets were true and that guy we were talking about yesterday as ready to sign was on a plane....is he stuck in Moscow looking for a transit visa or something?

Hahaha brilliant!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@JuanG_Arango: As much as I love Ronaldinho, he looked drained last night. Lacks the pace and precision and fades away in matches.

This is why I wouldn't want him here. I'd rather take a shot at a younger player from Brazil, Argentina, ect that is fit has a future and doesn't have the reputation of disappearing during matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume that Rey landed late last night and is signing the papers this morning. We will hopefully see him training today with an announcement at some point. But again everything I just typed is my assumption.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ someone swing by BMO to make sure atleast the weather is better then the Forlan sighting lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronaldinho has actually been very good, with the exception of the last few games of the copa. He's been crucial to CAM in league play.

I don't think I would take a chance on him though. He's more comfortable in brazil and doubt he'd stay focused in MLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    ^ someone swing by BMO to make sure atleast the weather is better then the Forlan sighting lmao
    Wouldn't most of that take place at the training ground? Or does tfc still keep the offices at BMO?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay we need two people one at BMO and one at the training grounds lol

Love how we have 63 people on this thread just chomping at the bit for a signing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well nothing will be done by Saturday at this point so we can look forward to another 0-0 thriller.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well nothing will be done by Saturday at this point so we can look forward to another 0-0 thriller.
    You know, our offence sucked donkey dung but watching Caldwell and Laba deal with Henri et al was actually fun to watch.

Unfortunately, not the same level of offensive threat this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the NYRB was highly entertaining. It was actually strange to walk away satisfied with the level of play, and I thought we were all over NYRB in the second half.

I hope we can follow up with a good performance against Columbus. It's one of two teams I love to beat - regardless of what is at stake. Other one being Montreal of course.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoyed the NYRB match too but a goal or two would be nice at some point, especially at home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I thought the NYRB was highly entertaining. It was actually strange to walk away satisfied with the level of play, and I thought we were all over NYRB in the second half.

I hope we can follow up with a good performance against Columbus. It's one of two teams I love to beat - regardless of what is at stake. Other one being Montreal of course.
    I felt the same, although was in Scotland for the Montreal match.

A signing or 2 in the next few days I think will give my anticipation a bit of a rest!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Rey will be signed very soon, no need to schmooze the guy or anything, deal should be done.

News may be withheld until Saturday, but looks like dude's been on vacation mode since his trial, so doubtful he's fit to play, but late game sub? Never know, he may still factor into that game somehow. Also, i don't think having him Saturday would instantly make the team better; might take a long time training to get used to the style of play here