Page 151 of 288 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone picking forlan is out of their mind...Kaka is still at a decent age and is a world class passer, but he wont fix all our issues....we still need a striker who can finish, lets sign em both

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you watched him play lately? I would struggle to reason he is playing at the same level Forlan is right now.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    anyone picking forlan is out of their mind...Kaka is still at a decent age and is a world class passer, but he wont fix all our issues....we still need a striker who can finish, lets sign em both
    If this is possible i vote a fat fucking yes, Kaka would make us an instant contender

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doucet3 View Post
    If this is possible i vote a fat fucking yes, Kaka would make us an instant contender
    until first time Kaka runs into the turf monster and breaks
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since we're pretty much throwing out speculations, Rodolfo Zelaya of El Salvador is on radars of MLS teams

http://www.mlssoccer.com/goldcup/new...mls-may-well-b
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    since we're pretty much throwing out speculations, Rodolfo Zelaya of El Salvador is on radars of MLS teams

http://www.mlssoccer.com/goldcup/new...mls-may-well-b
    Yeah but he's not on TFC's radar. He'd probably want to go to either the LA Galaxy or DC United, since there are huge El Salavdorean populations there and might make DC United thr talk of the town again. We should keep trying Forlan, Kaka, and others. Zelaya wouldn't make a huge impact at TFC were he ever consider being here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    Yeah but he's not on TFC's radar. He'd probably want to go to either the LA Galaxy or DC United, since there are huge El Salavdorean populations there and might make DC United thr talk of the town again. We should keep trying Forlan, Kaka, and others. Zelaya wouldn't make a huge impact at TFC were he ever consider being here.
    I love how you're so sure that Zelaya is going to be a bust.

Despite El Salvador getting shelled 5-1 loss to US today, Zelaya was one of bright spots for El Salvador. This guy has some moves

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite El Salvador getting shelled 5-1 loss to US today, Zelaya was one of bright spots for El Salvador. This guy has some moves
    Well, Look at our roster, compared to LA Galaxy and DC United's now. The man needs a supporting cast and if TFC are willing to "buy" there way for a team, maybe he work wonders. But, just look at how badly TFC is attracting young South American players, that probably are better calibre than Zelaya and even TFC offered more money. My money is on Zelaya going to DC United or LA Galaxy, cuz again, a city's demographics also attracts most Central American players, that ply there trade in the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any player, from anywhere, will be embraced in this city if goals and wins come with them.

Don't make assumptions based on city demographics. I understand the marketing aspect, but winning really is the ultimate selling tool.

Danny D has raved on TV about Zelaya, but who really knows what agents Payne has actually talked to and what he's actually offered? There are rumours, but no certainties. So far, the only thing that has been proven during this window is an impressive lack of leaks (aside from Payne himself throwing out nuggets) and a scrum full of journos who know just as much as us.
    Last edited by Haddy; 07-21-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    and a scrum full of journos who know just as much as us.
    And if any of them really knew what they were doing anymore, their source base would be extensive enough to prevent an impressive lack of leaks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't sold on him in the first couple matches but he is good. I'd be impressed if we made a move for him. Exactly the type of player I'd like us to be looking at.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Well, Lieweke's interview was pretty foolish. He was basically saying "TFC fans deserve a show pony" as an immediate reward. We don't want an immediate fucking reward, we want a good team. If NOT signing someone like Kaka will get us five potential MLS all-stars, I don't give a shit what their names are.

I wonder from the way Nelsen talked in that post-game whether he's on that same page; he seemed a little frustrated.
    Is this where the mgr doesn't deliver what the coach was expecting, and he understands the feeling what everyone in this 4000+ posts has been feeling? Desperation is a killer....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    It would be a mistake signing Kaka over Forlan. Forlan can score buckets of goals, Kaka needs a striker to finish his wondrful distribution. Last time I checked we are last in mls in scoring.
    DC by a landslide but good point all the same. I still think Kaka is who should be prioritized even if the current situation is not ideal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Look at our roster, compared to LA Galaxy and DC United's now. The man needs a supporting cast and if TFC are willing to "buy" there way for a team, maybe he work wonders. But, just look at how badly TFC is attracting young South American players, that probably are better calibre than Zelaya and even TFC offered more money. My money is on Zelaya going to DC United or LA Galaxy, cuz again, a city's demographics also attracts most Central American players, that ply there trade in the US.
    someone with half a brain should integrate with our very large and growing latin community to help 'educate' these central/south american hopefuls...there are a lot of benefits for new latinos willing to come here , but they have no idea of that. I can't work anywhere without meeting fellow resident latinos and they seem to think we are ignoring that market. And they love their soccer ........It's a shame the face of MLSE is basically '1' colour if you catch my drift....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    someone with half a brain should integrate with our very large and growing latin community to help 'educate' these central/south american hopefuls...there are a lot of benefits for new latinos willing to come here , but they have no idea of that. I can't work anywhere without meeting fellow resident latinos and they seem to think we are ignoring that market. And they love their soccer ........It's a shame the face of MLSE is basically '1' colour if you catch my drift....
    I agree. I also actually know a number of Asian (South and East) folks who watch games on tv but don't really go to games .. I think there's a lot of potential there if MLSE made more of an effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I agree. I also actually know a number of Asian (South and East) folks who watch games on tv but don't really go to games .. I think there's a lot of potential there if MLSE made more of an effort.
    A lot of South Asian do watch soccer a lot on TV (Mostly EPL games since a lot of South Asians have connection to England), but I am not sure if TFC can attract this crowd though.

East Asian: I think TFC will have a better chance getting more East Asian to the games than South Asian.

FYI: there's a sizeable latino community in GTA. I think this is another market that TFC does a shit job promoting their club. Of course, we got Italian community (probably biggest soccer market in GTA) that TFC have ignore as well.

It just shows you how badly MLSE is doing in promoting/marketing TFC/Soccer in this city. They need to fire their current marketing people and bring in people who know the game of soccer in this city to promote TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kaka in the end would be impossible...his wages are so high and real want a lot of cash for his transfer, he was suppose to go back to Milan but they wanted way too much...can't see any mls team give that much for the fee, they want around 12-15 mil i believe plus his massive wages

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    A lot of South Asian do watch soccer a lot on TV (Mostly EPL games since a lot of South Asians have connection to England), but I am not sure if TFC can attract this crowd though.

East Asian: I think TFC will have a better chance getting more East Asian to the games than South Asian.

FYI: there's a sizeable latino community in GTA. I think this is another market that TFC does a shit job promoting their club. Of course, we got Italian community (probably biggest soccer market in GTA) that TFC have ignore as well.

It just shows you how badly MLSE is doing in promoting/marketing TFC/Soccer in this city. They need to fire their current marketing people and bring in people who know the game of soccer in this city to promote TFC.

agreed, if TFC did what MTL did with the Italian flavour on the team BMO field would be a sell out every game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winning is a better long term financial strategy then building a team based on what player ethnicity will attract the most ticket sales. Although I agree the non European marketing is poor, nobody in North American sports does that well. DCU supporters are probably the most obvious group of a non European cadre of supporters. And that developed organically. IMHO, the Italian approach in Montreal, the Spanish American approach at Chivas, and the British approach at TFC have been less successful off the pitch.

winning and a good atmosphere, as seen atSKC, for example, are the best financial approaches.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-22-2013 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    kaka in the end would be impossible...his wages are so high and real want a lot of cash for his transfer, he was suppose to go back to Milan but they wanted way too much...can't see any mls team give that much for the fee, they want around 12-15 mil i believe plus his massive wages
    He's not coming to MLS until after Rio '14. Unless he's interested in hurting his chances of playing or retiring internationally. Aside from money, that's the reality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    He's not coming to MLS until after Rio '14. Unless he's interested in hurting his chances of playing or retiring internationally. Aside from money, that's the reality.
    If he thinks he's cracking the 2014 Brazil line up, he's on crack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to week 3 of the window everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today would be a good day for something to happen... I'm working from home so the lesser could easily be on while doing work.

Also anyone know why they let alvero Rey go? He seamed to do well in the reserve game be played

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Today would be a good day for something to happen... I'm working from home so the lesser could easily be on while doing work.

Also anyone know why they let alvero Rey go? He seamed to do well in the reserve game be played
    My guess is he wanted too much $$$
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think something big will happen this week for this club.. nelson had a talking with payne and he probably told him to calm down and not be so upfront and excited with the media.. hence the sour look on his face the last week.
    BtW I still think its kaka

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Welcome to week 3 of the window everyone.
    Day 14 to be exact...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    BtW I still think its kaka
    This sentence sums it up for me.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought targeting a specific ethnicity for ticket sales was what this club has tried to avoid since day one? I still don't care where a player comes from, bring us someone who can produce. I'm not here to go rah rah for some country, just win some games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
    I thought targeting a specific ethnicity for ticket sales was what this club has tried to avoid since day one? I still don't care where a player comes from, bring us someone who can produce. I'm not here to go rah rah for some country, just win some games.
    Seems that this has been TFC's issue since day one. Objective is always to sell tickets and not build a decent MLS Team. Giving away useful players to make room for a big-time ticket seller seems to be the goal right now.