Page 145 of 288 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 8618
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, let's hope Neill goes elsewhere, but if not, that he's only temporary cover. Where are these LONG-TERM players that Payne and Nelsen are building around, is what I'd like to know. Basically now, as long as we hear something by the end of the month, I'll be happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just throwin' this out there...what about a DP goalkeeper?

(the heat makes people think crazy thoughts, i know)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kaka in net??? Sweet!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Just throwin' this out there...what about a DP goalkeeper?

(the heat makes people think crazy thoughts, i know)
    Cudicini is an example of how good that can be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't the tweet just say coming to MLS? I know he is an Aussie and played at Blackburn but it's not a 100% given that he's coming here. Although he probably is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It said there are 2 clubs in play...I just don't see the point for the rest of the season....it wont matter...and if it is long term, then we obviously have not progressed our thinking...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Cudicini is an example of how good that can be.
    1. Cudicini is not a DP

2. Cudicini has been rather average for LA. Certainly not better than most MLS GKs
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    The name TFC is after is Forlan. 100% guanrateed. He was suppose to play for TFC on Wednesday.

Why there hasn't been an agreement and announcement yet I don't know.
    He was probably sitting at a table, ready to sign the contract, pen approaching paper, when suddenly something hit him. Oh my god, he thought, this MLS team is in Canada? I thought I was coming to America? Not calling Forlan dumb, but this is TFC and anything can happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
    He was probably sitting at a table, ready to sign the contract, pen approaching paper, when suddenly something hit him. Oh my god, he thought, this MLS team is in Canada? I thought I was coming to America? Not calling Forlan dumb, but this is TFC and anything can happen.
    Yes that is exactly what happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave67 View Post
    Forlan is well aware of TFC and city of Toronto in general. He got family in Canada and he was rumour to sign us 2-3 years ago, but TFC and Forlan didn't come to terms in the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Wait... TFC is in Canada?? I thought it was in France...Wait... It is in France?? I'm gonna go back to Brazil" my source at BMO told me that's how the conversation went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Yeah, let's hope Neill goes elsewhere, but if not, that he's only temporary cover. Where are these LONG-TERM players that Payne and Nelsen are building around, is what I'd like to know. Basically now, as long as we hear something by the end of the month, I'll be happy.
    I completely agree.

I've had enough with the temporary cover at this point. The season is shot, all the decisions we make should be long term focused. Other teams in this league manage to find proper defenders on reasonable salaries, on amounts that Lucas Neill wouldn't roll over in bed for. This will seriously erode my confidence in Nelsen if it happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@MLSTransfers: Source: Australian national teamer Lucas Neill in talks with #TFC
    somebody put me out of my misery.... Please...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    @MLSTransfers: Source: Australian national teamer Lucas Neill in talks with #TFC
    If this is for a season and a half, I'd probably be ok with it. The team needs a nice balance of experience and youth, especially at the back. Neill is a very good professional, just like Caldwell. Ideally your backline should have an average age of 28 to 30-ish. Over the last few season the average age of the TFC backline is around 25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would take him ...our d sucks....we also need a left back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooooo.....no press call by now should mean nothing this week at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess not,,,lets enjoy another loss tomorrow,after all they have our money already,why would they care...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh god... what a shit show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Nelsen signing! But however, I understand why Neill is coming. Another veteran presence in the backline is needed so we don't make any more rookie type of errors that cost us the game. Neill is O'Dea's replacement and probably play as a LB.

But that being said, I am still waiting for new wingers, CAM and strikers. I am sure we will eventually sign one or two from South America.
    Last edited by TFC07; 07-19-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is getting a little depressing. I've been patient and I like the fact that there are fewer leaks from the FO than in previous instances. Having said that, I don't like their constant proclamations that "We'll be bringing in players by X date" and then not delivering. IMO, by telling us to expect something this week but not having anything lined up is just as undisciplined as when they threw names around on a regular basis... they just think they're covering their asses now.

Actually, this is worse than not delivering anything because now I'm reading about a third rate 35 year old journeyman from the A league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    This is getting a little depressing. I've been patient and I like the fact that there are fewer leaks from the FO than in previous instances. Having said that, I don't like their constant proclamations that "We'll be bringing in players by X date" and then not delivering. IMO, by telling us to expect something this week but not having anything lined up is just as undisciplined as when they threw names around on a regular basis... they just think they're covering their asses now.

Actually, this is worse than not delivering anything because now I'm reading about a third rate 35 year old journeyman from the A league.
    Let's see how much money he's going to make. If he making less $200K, then it isn't a bad deal. He has spent 15 years in England and has played higher level than any of our defenders (and including O'Dea). He currently captain of Australia national team who are going to be playing in World Cup next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say, considering how many players we need, I'm disappointed that they failed to bring in any reinforcements this week. On the other hand I guess it doesn't matter now that the season is over anyway.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way he comes in as a LB. He's not fast enough for the system we currently play.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. He's had a great career and looks to be finishing it at home. I wonder what could tempt him.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    The name TFC is after is Forlan. 100% guanrateed. He was suppose to play for TFC on Wednesday.

Why there hasn't been an agreement and announcement yet I don't know.
    I believe you Billy, and I hate to say it, but that just makes this Forlan saga and the lack of acquisitions overall more of an indictment of our new management regime. Leiweke, Payne, and Nelsen should really just keep their mouths shut moving forward and let their actions do the talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I believe you Billy, and I hate to say it, but that just makes this Forlan saga and the lack of acquisitions overall more of an indictment of our new management regime. Leiweke, Payne, and Nelsen should really just keep their mouths shut moving forward and let their actions do the talking.
    Problem with that is that when we only have 3 wins in last 34 you kinda have to tell the supporters something. Promise something. You can't just say nothing. We'd all be calling for their heads right about now.

Oh and btw, if we lose tomorrow that 1 win drop off and it'll be 2 wins in last 34. A win and we keep the 3 wins in 34 games record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or 4 Wins in 35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season is already over anyway, I would rather management take time and sign the right players...than spend just to spend on crap....KAKA would be a dream, i would get season tix in a heart beat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My prediction: Forlan signs sometime today and they present him tomorrow after the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes me wonder if Forlan is in the weekend line-up for Inter. Assuming they play of course.