Page 143 of 288 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    They sold their single most valuable asset, Silva, for a very short term asset (2013 allocation).

That's not consistent with having an offseason strategy. Or, really, a long term strategy.
    For this particular trade yes. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop to look the group of trades to make judgement. After all, liquidating asset for temporary cash position can either let the cash erode or utilize it for another appreciating asset.

I won't judge yet, when I do, it'll be when the dusts settle at the end of this season.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They sold their single most valuable asset, Silva, for a very short term asset (2013 allocation).

That's not consistent with having an offseason strategy. Or, really, a long term strategy.
    Let's see what happens with that before we call it a bad move.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess putting up with unwatchable football for the next little while is the price we have to pay for letting Payne and Nelsen do their thing in regards to building the type of squad they want. And when you put that up against the context of the last 7 years, is it really that bad if we have to wait a little bit longer to hopefully see a squad that won't be chopped and changed for once for a few seasons at least? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed though - as much as I knew this season was all about getting it right for next year, I had hoped to see more progress than what I've seen thus far. And since it looks like it will be more of a challenge getting in some of the pieces this season during this summer transfer window, maybe Payne shouldn't have been so quick to say we'd be challenging for playoffs in 2014. Maybe we will have a squad that is ready to challenge by the end of next season. The problem is, by the time we are competitive, will there be anybody left who cares?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    For this particular trade yes. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop to look the group of trades to make judgement. After all, liquidating asset for temporary cash position can either let the cash erode or utilize it for another appreciating asset.

I won't judge yet, when I do, it'll be when the dusts settle at the end of this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Let's see what happens with that before we call it a bad move.
    Agreed - This is a horribly dated analogy, and from the wrong sport, but it's all I have - Trading away Fred McGriff and Tony Fernandez looks ridiculous if you only see one side of the trade and not the other part coming back (Alomar & Carter).

I want to see how O'Dea and Silva's allocation is spent before it's a write off. If that money brings in better players, then we win the "trade". There are far too many moving parts to this transfer window and the delay between the turns is making it worse.

For the sake of stability and us not calling for the head of another FO person, I hope this window goes well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My judgement of Payne and Nelson is reserved for approximately 2 years from now. I would like to see this club rebuilt properly for the longer term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After last nights performance,I would of called a press conference and spilled the beans on who should be coming in.The performance of this team has declined just like last year.We do not have the talent to compete and the players we have do not seem like they want to compete.The one player who seemed to want to compete was let go even tough he was probably a better depth player then starter.So far the only players brought in are 2 utility players a mid and left back.We already had those in Dunfield and Logan.We may save in getting there salaries off the books but you think they would have brought someone in by now.It wouldn`t surprise me if the deals fall apart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say that the guys' don't want to compete. I see the compete level in most of them however there is no chemistry and more importantly there is no creative attacking talent that can help push them forward. When you rely on Osorio to be the main driving force of your attack you're in big trouble. I like the kid but he's playing above his head right now.

This team sucks, and we're all masochists for watching them week in and week out...

But if there's one thing we should have learned from past mistakes is that we need to give this management team time to put their team and system in place. I personally like the management team and think they're doing the best they can with the hand they've been dealt. If they can hit another homerun like Laba to bring in a young talent attacking force they will only help. But we need much more help than that in terms of not only personnel but also confidence and chemistry.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the mystery behind allocation money in general, but do we know it was 2013 allocation only? What I mean is do we know that the allocation expires this year?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

***petition to loan half of tfc to edmonton fc and buy shaun saiko***

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trending now on twitter

#thatssotfc

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm....26 tweets since January is a trend?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I understand the mystery behind allocation money in general, but do we know it was 2013 allocation only? What I mean is do we know that the allocation expires this year?
    Garber has been asked this (I saw it at the 2010 MLS Cup) and skirted it by saying something like "teams have multiple windows to use the funds, and they pretty much use them within a few months". He wouldn't say what the rules are.

They want the world to believe they expire, but it's not disclosed.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sid & Tim on Sportsnet. app 35 min mark of today's show.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/tim-and-sid/

Really nothing but sports jock raz, but apparently we are tanking to get andrew wiggins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Umm....26 tweets since January is a trend?
    I was only kidding but I wanted to put it in this thread so I "edited" the narrative around it. I reserve the right to exercise my creative liberties!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Sid & Tim on Sportsnet. app 35 min mark of today's show.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/tim-and-sid/

Really nothing but sports jock raz, but apparently we are tanking to get andrew wiggins
    Bob McClown was doing the same thing a few minutes ago.

I'm glad the media is giving tfc all this negative attention. They deserve it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cochrdoc View Post
    After last nights performance,I would of called a press conference and spilled the beans on who should be coming in.The performance of this team has declined just like last year.We do not have the talent to compete and the players we have do not seem like they want to compete.The one player who seemed to want to compete was let go even tough he was probably a better depth player then starter.So far the only players brought in are 2 utility players a mid and left back.We already had those in Dunfield and Logan.We may save in getting there salaries off the books but you think they would have brought someone in by now.It wouldn`t surprise me if the deals fall apart
    Just curious... Who was the one competing? O'Dea or Silva?
    And you would take Dunny and Logan over Caldwell and Laba? Comoooonnnnnnnnnn comoooooooooonnbnnnnnnnnn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I guess putting up with unwatchable football for the next little while is the price we have to pay for letting Payne and Nelsen do their thing in regards to building the type of squad they want. And when you put that up against the context of the last 7 years, is it really that bad if we have to wait a little bit longer to hopefully see a squad that won't be chopped and changed for once for a few seasons at least? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed though - as much as I knew this season was all about getting it right for next year, I had hoped to see more progress than what I've seen thus far. And since it looks like it will be more of a challenge getting in some of the pieces this season during this summer transfer window, maybe Payne shouldn't have been so quick to say we'd be challenging for playoffs in 2014. Maybe we will have a squad that is ready to challenge by the end of next season. The problem is, by the time we are competitive, will there be anybody left who cares?
    there will be people who care. if less people at games i will buy a cheap seat and move over to good seats I want good players not 2nd line guys starting.

the past is the past forget about it. the only thing the past has in common with the future is the jersey and the ownership and i think the ownership let s the management handle things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    there will be people who care. if less people at games i will buy a cheap seat and move over to good seats I want good players not 2nd line guys starting.

the past is the past forget about it. the only thing the past has in common with the future is the jersey and the ownership and i think the ownership let s the management handle things.
    Even the ownership is different now...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, what would people think of Kaka?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think its kaka

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My source at BMO just told me he saw Kaka with his agent and MLSE staff walking into BMO field. Apparently they're signing something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    My source at BMO just told me he saw Kaka with his agent and MLSE staff walking into BMO field. Apparently they're signing something
    Don't do this again

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was he giving Forlan a piggy-back ride too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    Was he giving Forlan a piggy-back ride too?
    Nope. This instead:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Nope. This instead:

lmfao. Impact diving practice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The shitty part of this transfer window is that we had the impression that TFC had a few targets identified. We knew there were multiple trips to South America to speak to players. It seemed as though we were just waiting for the window to open to snap up a few players. That appears to not be the case at all.

This is exactly what I thought...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Forlan AND Kaka!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    My judgement of Payne and Nelson is reserved for approximately 2 years from now. I would like to see this club rebuilt properly for the longer term.
    i bet in 2 years one of those two wont be here......but Cochrane will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'something' lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think your source meant to say they were snorting something, and thought they saw kaka and forlan.