Page 13 of 288 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Quillian should never have been signed. Not at all ready. He was brought in on a panic. Even if Kocic and the backup were both injured, he still wouldn't have seen game time. They would have gone to the MLS keeper reserve pool.
    Don't disagree with anything you have said.

100% disagree with how the TFC academy basically gives up on the development of players after 18.

This is a question for another day but...Can you really promote your academy by saying you've signed X number of players to the first team when you only do it to meet roster/cap requirements, not because you've trained them to be good enough to become professional?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vukovic found his own way to become a pro. My statement was more that TFC could actually develop these players further after 18 but choose not to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Don't disagree with anything you have said.

100% disagree with how the TFC academy basically gives up on the development of players after 18.

This is a question for another day but...Can you really promote your academy by saying you've signed X number of players to the first team when you only do it to meet roster/cap requirements, not because you've trained them to be good enough to become professional?
    +1

Again, why are they not in PDL or something? I am not nearly as up on amatuer/semi-pro as many here but it seems to me that a second team is not that big a deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait a second, don't we have a U-23 academy team now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Yeah I definitely read that on here...

Why wouldn't Stinson be moved there?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    +1

Again, why are they not in PDL or something? I am not nearly as up on amatuer/semi-pro as many here but it seems to me that a second team is not that big a deal.
    They can't get PDL team in GTA,Toronto Lynx have the Territorial rights for GTA,and Hamilton has PDL team too.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according the website it is "coming soon".

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Yeah I definitely read that on here...

Why wouldn't Stinson be moved there?
    He is under the pro-MLS contarct,I'm sure MLS has some stupid rule about that too.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not happy personally that so many home-grown players have been signed but then dropped, often after minimal playing time. Two things to put this in context though:
    - How common is this in other MLS teams? Maybe it happens more often than we realize?

- For TFC, of course it's been related to the constant coaching/management turnover, just like the extreme general player turnover we've had. Home-grown players will almost always be mid- to long-term prospects. Management has to make a guess about a player's development potential, sign them, and be patient. Very likely that new management sees things differently. Until we finally keep a coaching/management team around for more than a year or two, TFC will continue hiring & firing young prospects while hardly developing them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    They can't get PDL team in GTA,Toronto Lynx have the Territorial rights for GTA,and Hamilton has PDL team too.

They should start making development deals with both these teams then...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any attempt to deal with the Lynx is going to take a few years to get past regime's taste out of the mouth of Lynx ownership. Cochrane might need to be let go for that to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we had a separate "Dunfield discussion" thread im thinking it would rival the Dero fiasco one, Dunfield seems to really hit a nerve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any attempt to deal with the Lynx is going to take a few years to get past regime's taste out of the mouth of Lynx ownership.
    Or maybe MLSE could buy the team out.
    Cochrane might need to be let go for that to happen.
    And how is that a problem? Just one more reason to can the cock

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt there will EVER be a day when all fans like all the players at TFC. It seems that there is always one player that "fans" like to hate-on! It's always been that way at TFC! I'm sure if we won every game, there would still be a player that is hated! Maybe its a toronto sports fan thing????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I doubt there will EVER be a day when all fans like all the players at TFC. It seems that there is always one player that "fans" like to hate-on! It's always been that way at TFC! I'm sure if we won every game, there would still be a player that is hated! Maybe its a toronto sports fan thing????
    I think you hit the nail on the head. We've been sold on our teams being "one player away" for so long, it's only natural to hate on certain players. I think it's more a Toronto thing than a TFC thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Hopefully there will be a day. Sigggggghhhhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Darel Russell counts as a domestic player according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Int...l_Roster_Slots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Apparently Darel Russell counts as a domestic player according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Int...l_Roster_Slots
    Yes, it was quoted at practice the other day that both Russell and Cesar have green cards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh so that's where our mysterious extra international roster spot comes from. Totally forgot about those Huckerby times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That total international slot count doesn't make sense. It shows that we gained one in a trade, and we lost one to Vancouver for Hassli. So where does the ninth one come from then?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    That total international slot count doesn't make sense. It shows that we gained one in a trade, and we lost one to Vancouver for Hassli. So where does the ninth one come from then?
    No one knows, probably in a trade where it wasn't mentioned in the press release. Neil Davidson tweeted that the club told him they have 9 spots and are using 8. Although considering Russell has a green card you'd have to count Koef using a spot to make it to 8. In any case we have one spot open and two easy targets in Lambe and T. Morgan for more.

EDIT: This was in Davidson's latest article:
    Teams start with eight international sports but can add or subtract that number via trade. Toronto has an extra via a trade with Houston. The slot reverts to the Dynamo next season. Toronto will get that slot back, however, since one previously sent to Vancouver in a trade is due to come back in 2014.
    Last edited by mowe; 03-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any attempt to deal with the Lynx is going to take a few years to get past regime's taste out of the mouth of Lynx ownership. Cochrane might need to be let go for that to happen.
    Truth. The Hartrells (Lynx owners) lost millions partly due to some not so friendly FO decisions. TFC would have to compensate them, and it really would be the right thing to do.

The Hartrells had offered turnkey to TFC a fully-functioning academy, one that had turned out some great talent (like DeRo, Stalteri). All TFC needed was to cover the bills. It would have given TFC an enormous head-start in 2006-2007.

The Hartrells didn't run the Lynx to make money (in fact they lost a lot), they did it to support Canadian soccer. Mo and Cochrane wouldn't talk to them and economically forced the Lynx out of D2, where the Hartrells lost the value of their franchise. Then they allegedly pillaged the OSA rep teams to start their own academy. It's a really shady and disreputable thing, one of many from the Mo era.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-21-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think we would get new news on player signings until Monday... just have a feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Truth. The Hartrells (Lynx owners) lost millions partly due to some not so friendly FO decisions. TFC would have to compensate them, and it really would be the right thing to do.

The Hartrells had offered turnkey to TFC a fully-functioning academy, one that had turned out some great talent (like DeRo, Stalteri). All TFC needed was to cover the bills. It would have given TFC an enormous head-start in 2006-2007.

The Hartrells didn't run the Lynx to make money (in fact they lost a lot), they did it to support Canadian soccer. Mo and Cochrane wouldn't talk to them and economically forced the Lynx out of D2, where the Hartrells lost the value of their franchise. Then they allegedly pillaged the OSA rep teams to start their own academy. It's a really shady and disreputable thing, one of many from the Mo era.
    Will our U23 team run into any conficts with a Lynx's Aacadamy program? I read somewhere that they have regonal rights for Toronto above a TFC acadamy... dose this mean we will have to look outside of Ontario for our Acadamy?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any spanish speakers doing detective work on which Argentinian club is in administration?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    any spanish speakers doing detective work on which Argentinian club is in administration?

you could try contacting hand of pod on twitter.

https://twitter.com/HandOfPod

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
    Will our U23 team run into any conficts with a Lynx's Aacadamy program? I read somewhere that they have regonal rights for Toronto above a TFC acadamy... dose this mean we will have to look outside of Ontario for our Acadamy?
    Only if they were trying to run something in the USL leagues (including the PDL).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got a dream that Terry Dunfield got released... i hope its true!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    i got a dream that Terry Dunfield got released... i hope its true!
    Of all the players we have under contract, you feel that Dunfield is the piece that is hurting us most? I personally disagree and think that most here feel he has something to contribute.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdcfan18 View Post
    Of all the players we have under contract, you feel that Dunfield is the piece that is hurting us most? I personally disagree and think that most here feel he has something to contribute.
    Exactly. A Canadian with a low contract who can fill a role. Enough with the idiocy of complaining about Dunfield already. The guy has been in MLS for around 3 seasons now and has managed to start or at worst be a used substitution for every single manager he has had in both Vancouver and here including Winter who values technical ability over all else. I would prefer to think that the four managers he has played under in his MLS career are a bit smarter and more Football educated than the people who post on these boards so let's leave it at that.