Page 125 of 288 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 8618
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Thrilled if O'Dea is gone. Frankly I hope Ecks is moved too.

Nothing personal, I know they're good guys. They'll get their money.

International Defenders all over the league make far less than these two.
    exactly ...kills our rep but should be done......oo such a hole we've dug.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    These are going to be some very crucial acquisitions...
    Hopefully Monday we'll know something is happening Tuesday..

I just hope that Monday we'll know that hopefully Tuesday we'll know something is happening Wednesday...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well with everything that has gone down in the past few weeks, this becomes the transfer window for Payne to prove himself. It was an important window before, now it's immense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Montréal should abandon one of either their current crest or the Canadian flag, replacing it with the Italian flag, judging by the way even their rival supporters go to battle for them. "haha": truer words..
    I dont get this. If I were to write something like this, say for eg. TFC sucks because of all the English and UK connections, I would be summarily banned, but this attack on Italian football is accepted? I for one think Montreal made the prudent move signing players from one of the worlds top footballing nations, rather than accept the second rate players and coaches from the uk..not very nice is it when stuff like this is posted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've made a tonne of roster moves, all of them could be interpreted as progressive, however...........................the cynic in me that's been here 7 years wonders how much is preparing to make a move, and how much is ditching salary as turnover and profits diminish. I guess we'll know by the end of this transfer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well with everything that has gone down in the past few weeks, this becomes the transfer window for Payne to prove himself. It was an important window before, now it's immense.
    Exactly. If he fails to deliver in this transfer window he'll just be all talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that we just need to give time for us to free up cap space, and just evaluate our options; this season is a writeoff afterall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wat you guys thinking about D Koevermans he gone be longer here.
    he isn't cheap injured don't play so much , how long he gone be here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much does Richard Eckersley make?? I have a feeling he's next too. Seems Paybe is making us start at Year 1 next season. Hopefully this period of time will be better then under Mariner and Winter's watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    How much does Richard Eckersley make?? I have a feeling he's next too. Seems Paybe is making us start at Year 1 next season. Hopefully this period of time will be better then under Mariner and Winter's watch.
    I think Ecks is staying because he will count as a domestic next year and I think he's willing to take a pay cut for longer term contract.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops...posted this in the KC game thread...should have been here.

In the spirit of loopy conjecture:

We transfer O'Dea to Shakhtar Donetsk.

In return Donestk sends out on loan, http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/alan...er_104505.html to Internacional (5 days ago)

Who plays at Internacional again? Forlan you say? Well imagine that.

The way I see this working is

a) we ask about Forlan

b) Internacional says, "Not until we get a replacement AM."

c) KP remembers a certain team wanted O'Dea last year. Gives them a call. "Hey, would you be interested in O'Dea"

d) "Sure, what's it going to cost."

e) "Well, among other things, we want Forlan, and they won't let him go until they have a replacement".

f) Hmmm....we have this Brazilian who isn't playing much, they might be interested.

And so it goes.

Yeah, I know, unlikely but stranger things have happened.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-14-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Whoops...posted this in the KC game thread...should have been here.

In the spirit of loopy conjecture:

We transfer O'Dea to Shakhtar Donetsk.

In return Donestk sends out on loan, http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/alan...er_104505.html to Internacional (5 days ago)

Who plays at Internacional again? Forlan you say? Well imagine that.

The way I see this working is

a) we ask about Forlan

b) Internacional says, "Not until we get a replacement AM."

c) KP remembers a certain team wanted O'Dea last year. Gives them a call. "Hey, would you be interested in O'Dea"

d) "Sure, what's it going to cost."

e) "Well, among other things, we want Forlan, and they won't let him go until they have a replacement".

f) Hmmm....we have this Brazilian who isn't playing much, they might be interested.

And so it goes.

Yeah, I know, unlikely but stranger things have happened.
    Surprisingly, that convoluted jumble makes sense...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But how does inter benefit from all of that? Forlan is producing for them every game...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    But how does inter benefit from all of that? Forlan is producing for them every game...
    Money. These teams down there are all about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say, this move makes sense for all parties involved. Shakhtar are HUGE player flippers - and they're really good at it. They'll take young brazilians for cheap, loan or develop them for afew years, and then sell them of for multimillion dollar transfer fees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is this speculation? That Shakhtar is the team?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I dont get this. If I were to write something like this, say for eg. TFC sucks because of all the English and UK connections, I would be summarily banned, but this attack on Italian football is accepted? I for one think Montreal made the prudent move signing players from one of the worlds top footballing nations, rather than accept the second rate players and coaches from the uk..not very nice is it when stuff like this is posted?
    It is perhaps my fault that you've completely missed the context, as I didn't quote anyone in my reply, the way I am now.

I just thought the condescending tone of the post above mine wasn't warranted; this is a place where we share opinions, after all -- they won't all be the same and, if genuine, should all be respected.

For the record, I can't begin to say how much I was fuming when Mariner passed on Nesta and in the way it went down, as well. I'm not biased and would accept a player from anywhere, if he's the real deal. That being said, I haven't the slightest problem with the signing of Italian players and agree with you that it is likely one of the better places we could look for skilled talent.

Sorry, again, for the confusion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On my part, yes. I was doing a Paul Mariner scouting job on Shakhtar's wikipedia page and noticed the loan out. Could be Dynamo Kiev but Shakhtar has more money then sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know which board you've been on for the past 7 years but people say that stuff all the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    It is perhaps my fault that you've completely missed the context, as I didn't quote anyone in my reply, the way I am now.

I just thought the condescending tone of the post above mine wasn't warranted; this is a place where we share opinions, after all -- they won't all be the same and, if genuine, should all be respected.

For the record, I can't begin to say how much I was fuming when Mariner passed on Nesta and in the way it went down, as well. I'm not biased and would accept a player from anywhere, if he's the real deal. That being said, I haven't the slightest problem with the signing of Italian players and agree with you that it is likely one of the better places we could look for skilled talent.

Sorry, again, for the confusion.
    The heat got to me today, thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    On my part, yes. I was doing a Paul Mariner scouting job on Shakhtar's wikipedia page and noticed the loan out. Could be Dynamo Kiev but Shakhtar has more money then sense.
    I'm also guessing that O'Dea wouldn't accept moving his family to the Ukraine unless it was one of those big clubs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why would they want him...he is not that good..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Donetsk.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no clue why a team playing in the Europa league or the CL qualifiers would want O'Dea.

Of the 3 teams in the Ukraine who have "lots of money", as O'Dea called his offer from last year, Shakter has the most money. I suppose Metalist is also an option. I can't see any other team having money. As to why they want him, those 3 teams tend to go with cheap home grown or South American players.

Thus....START THE CAR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Max Urruti wont be coming to TFC. His agent spoke to the media and said that his client is in advanced negotiations with Independiente of Argentina and Pumas of Mexico. Even the money Kevin Payne has got to spend and he can't sign Urruti.

Juan Ignacio Egido ‏@JuanchiEgido18 3h
    El representante de Maximiliano Urruti confesó que las negociaciones más avanzadas son por parte de #Independiente y de Pumas de México.

https://twitter.com/JuanchiEgido18/s...90823505944576

What will TFC do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Looks like Max Urruti wont be coming to TFC. His agent spoke to the media and said that his client is in advanced negotiations with Independiente of Argentina and Pumas of Mexico. Even the money Kevin Payne has got to spend and he can't sign Urruti.

Juan Ignacio Egido ‏@JuanchiEgido18 3h
    El representante de Maximiliano Urruti confesó que las negociaciones más avanzadas son por parte de #Independiente y de Pumas de México.

https://twitter.com/JuanchiEgido18/s...90823505944576

What will TFC do?
    Personally I think that a better translation is that "Maximiliano Urruti's agent revealed that negotiations were more further along with Independiente and Pumas of Mexico."

This doesn't mean that TFC aren't in the negotiations, and probably just means that his agent is priming the pump, so to speak.

TFC being the engine in my analogy of course, and more money the primer...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes but surely the Saputo's would never go any way but Italian....They are very "Italian".....and wouldn't even back soccer if it wasn't in the forza way, their comfort level in soccer...........As much as I am weary of British influence on soccer in Canada....this city's heritage and backers have always been wasps......If only our distinguished 'new Canadians' would put up $$$, invest in the city,.. like the Saputos then and only then would we have more of an international style here..Many here have a love/hate relationship with the city.....the city gives them a safe and affordable home yet many refuse to invest in the future as many 'Montrealers do. TO in many cases is all about take and take...hence we end up with MLSE and the likes.....do any of them really care for this city? It's seems too many are just about making the $$.....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    TO in many cases is all about take and take...hence we end up with MLSE and the likes.....do any of them really care for this city? It's seems too many are just about making the $$.....
    Larry Tanenbaum and family. Gives back an incredible amount. Not sure about other MLSE notables.

Back on topic, not liking the chances of new players on the pitch by Saturday. Signing could happen but I think the road trip poses a problem in terms of integration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    'Than'. FB's are more valuable (harder to find) than CBs. So Ecks has a leg up on O'Dear. That being said, his injury can't have helped his chances of sticking around, and if he was a few years older, it would have REALLY hurt them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something better happen today, even if its an announcement of an announcement tomorrow.