Page 122 of 288 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,660 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking to a buddy of mine last night and his brother works for MLSE and according to him there will be a big announcement from TFC on Monday. He either did not know or would not say what it was but was certain it was going to take place on Monday. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds very far fetched your friends brother hmmmm but if it happens then great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Better bloom than maxim usanov or ravis hiscanovic they were shit and over priced. This guy bloom could be like richter if so I'm satisfied for depth

Better than the player who was second among leftbacks for assists last season in the MLS, who currently can't get a game for this team and is 4 years younger than Bloom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Sounds very far fetched your friends brother hmmmm but if it happens then great
    Actually I meant to say Brother-in-law but no worries, just telling you what my buddy told me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fascination with journeyman players has to stop, the academy players should be looked as the go to depth players. As its been said, Morgan is right there if needed. Yet again we see a bias towards American players, really no reason not have an Academy player use the spot than some random junk player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The fascination with journeyman players has to stop, the academy players should be looked as the go to depth players. As its been said, Morgan is right there if needed. Yet again we see a bias towards American players, really no reason not have an Academy player use the spot than some random junk player.
    `“We expect him to be a part of the nucleus of TFC we are trying to put together to carry us forward for the next several years.”

Hmm.. Nelsen`s comment doesn`t suggest depth player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except when the academy players aren't good enough. Morgan's been on the roster the whole year and hasn't started. Nelson clearly doesn't rate him on the defensive end. Not sure if this Bloom guy is going to be any better but you shouldn't play academy players just for the hell of it. They need to earn it just like everybody else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right, there probably isn't a player yet to make the jump but isn't having Morgan and Richter enough? I am also under the impression that academy players can play in MLS, is that wrong to assume? Sort of like Leaf-Marlies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right, there probably isn't a player yet to make the jump but isn't having Morgan and Richter enough? I am also under the impression that academy players can play in MLS, is that wrong to assume? Sort of like Leaf-Marlies.
    i believe when its a friendly game yes and also reserve league, but as far as i know academy players need a pro contract to participate in mls league play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should at least let Bloom play a few matches before I go all postal. I just don't have a lot of faith after watching Richter.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Morgan's been on the roster the whole year and hasn't started....
    Actually, he started 5 games this season. You and I remember how he played but some don't. He needs seasoning. I would hope a few sessions with Caldwell yelling at him might help.

Bloom is here on loan. If he doesn't work out, he goes back. KP and the scouts rate him, for some reason.

What this says to me is that O'Dea's days at LB are numbered. KP will likely run with Morgan and Bloom at LB next season. Young & cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after watching morgan play against KC at rogers center i just game up on him. he was the worst player for tfc that night hence the substitution in that game. He really hasnt played much since and deserving so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a straight swap with Emory. That scouting report sounded alright and a little like an upgrade over Emory so I'm okay with it. I find it funny that Payne said he's going to be part of the nucleus of TFC for the next couple of years.

If Ecks is healthy and Richter/Bloom can be used over Morgan at LB, makes me think they are possibly working on getting O'Dea off the books. A few games back someone posted a rumour about O'Dea being linked to NYRB. Wonder if there was any truth to that. Kind of makes sense as they need to make a serious play off run soon (aging superstars and all) and they might be willing to overlook the crazy salary in order to shore things up and make a run this year. We've certainly seen Dallas do crazier things for no good reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Klute came from Atlanta on loan to Colorado last season as well. He's been a top full back this year in MLS. So you never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Yeah, but Houston and San Jose were also rumour to sign him back in January as well. If Lopez is open to MLS now, then I think he will sign with Houston not Toronto.
    Read back a page or two and you'll see why he came up. It's a pretty good story.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    I should at least let Bloom play a few matches before I go all postal. I just don't have a lot of faith after watching Richter.
    I have the opposite view - if Bloom is as good as Richter, we have a good find! Richter is a perfectly average MLS full back, and would get game minutes in most MLS teams. I think some people expect far too much frm MLS level full backs. Richter is probably one of the better full backs we have ever had. I know that's not saying too too much, but still, Richter is fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fabio vazquez CM cliip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq93E1je1lU
    rodrigo gomez LM clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcAbx2UbKUA
    Santiago Naguel RM/RW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlWfSJEnLJk
    Juan Edgardo Ramirez LM/CM/CAM no clips found sorry http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/juan...er_190756.html
    Reinaldo Lenis LM/LW clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX3M5tqXi30

sorry i could get more but this takes forever. I know this is not the way u scout players but lets just be Mo for a bit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So, the week begins with speculation about Forlan, and ends with us signing a NASL journeyman. Look, I know we need depth, especially in defense with Morgan and Henry on international duty, and Califf retiring. But as much as I know we need to be patient, this just isn't what I had hoped for by now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you just need to wait till next week, I think we will see our major moves by the end of next week. Nelson did say that "we may have to suffer for 1 or 2 games", so that indicates that whoever is replacinv Silva will be here before the Red Bulls game. Bloom is hardly a marquee signing, he's just a depth/possible left back starter at MLS level full back price, rather than having O'Dea playing out of position constantly there for $350k!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I think you just need to wait till next week, I think we will see our major moves by the end of next week. Nelson did say that "we may have to suffer for 1 or 2 games", so that indicates that whoever is replacinv Silva will be here before the Red Bulls game. Bloom is hardly a marquee signing, he's just a depth/possible left back starter at MLS level full back price, rather than having O'Dea playing out of position constantly there for $350k!
    Yeah, I know...and I am hopeful we'll start to see lots of movement next week. Bloom is basically a swap for Emory, and it's a loan deal as well. It's just frustrating being linked with all these pieces we so desperately need, yet things happening so slowly on that front. I am hopeful our lineup will be much different against the Shite Bulls than it will be against KC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next week barring any issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too impressed but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Califf retires so we're short one central defender and if what Nelson (and Winter) say is true about having 2 players at each position, you bring in Bloom to compete with Morgan for left back. Then you move O'dea back to the middle with Caldwell, Henry and Boss. Ricter and Eks on the right. Voila, 2 players in every back 4 spot who can compete for the job. Also notice you have one player on a higher salary (Morgan not so much) and one cheap/depth player.
    Last edited by Dreadlocks; 07-12-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I have the opposite view - if Bloom is as good as Richter, we have a good find! Richter is a perfectly average MLS full back, and would get game minutes in most MLS teams. I think some people expect far too much frm MLS level full backs. Richter is probably one of the better full backs we have ever had. I know that's not saying too too much, but still, Richter is fine.
    I don't know about that. Can Richter defend well? I'd say he is average at best. Can he cross the ball? No. Does he have the pace to get up and down the flank? No. I have hard time seeing him start on any other MLS side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    I was talking to a buddy of mine last night and his brother works for MLSE and according to him there will be a big announcement from TFC on Monday. He either did not know or would not say what it was but was certain it was going to take place on Monday. Take it for what it's worth.
    Leafs free agent signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anto7 View Post
    Barring any issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Barring any issues.
    This wait is killing. I dont' even care if its not a big name like forlan.. i'd love some young good talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Read back a page or two and you'll see why he came up. It's a pretty good story.
    ^ He's being too modest. Essentially, we get a star-potential AM and he gets at least 1.5 hours with a high-class ho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Barring any issues.
    I believe Billy.

Wow. This is actually happening?!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was speaking with a dad of a kid my son plays soccer with and his other sons coach's wife works for MLSE and said she heard same.

True story, but I don't know what it is worth

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost sounds like there has been a bit of a morale issue within the FO so rumours are being enjoyed.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-13-2013 at 07:17 AM. Reason: ooops....moral issue?