Page 119 of 288 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its going to be interesting how Nelson handles all these South American players, in my opinion it will make or break him dealing with the egos. It takes a good coach handling these "Flair" type players, considering Nelson is more the "Get stuck in" type guy he certainly will need to adjust his expectations.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Its going to be interesting how Nelson handles all these South American players, in my opinion it will make or break him dealing with the egos. It takes a good coach handling these "Flair" type players, considering Nelson is more the "Get stuck in" type guy he certainly will need to adjust his expectations.
    Very true...but so far Laba seems to be doing ok...or at least we haven't heard of any issues.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Hard to call him a "get stuck in" guy when he is so new that it's hard to tell what he is all about yet. I wouldn't call him that type based on the fact that he was a defender and that he played in England for scrub teams. I think he wants to be and trying to be a manager following in the footsteps of Redknapp. He even mentioned something along those lines and I don't see Harry as a 'get stuck in' guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...en-prolonging-

“If the possibility to extend the stay can happen, then I will be more than happy to because I am loving my football here,” Brockie told MLSsoccer.com. “I’m really enjoying being part of this club. It is a nice change from the A-League, where I’ve been for 7-8 years now. If there is a possibility, whether it is soon or in the long term, I’d love to come back to this club.”
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    Hope so. Wonder if some allocation money is going towards a transfer fee to Wellington?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    Not that surprising is it? Youngish guy, new country, summer time, Toronto.

He's having a good time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to keep him. Even if Brockie goes back to Wellington in August, I can see him being a more realistic solution for forward depth next season than Koevermans signing a non-DP contract.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He might get his loan extended a little bit (A-League season starts in October) but I don't think TFC would pay a transfer fee for him. Best for the cap to wait until his contract runs out and then sign him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    Not that surprising is it? Youngish guy, new country, summer time, Toronto.

He's having a good time.
    oh, i was surprised at there is a way for him to stay beyond August due to long preseason back his home
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this is kind of funny. My wife is in Miami at a convention. She's been chatting it up with the Honduran national team (I have nothing to worry about as far as I know), which is staying in the same hotel (I assume for the Gold Cup). Alex Lopez is, as a write this, having lunch in the hotel restaurant where she also is. If I hear any news about a TFC link, I'll let everyone know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    So this is kind of funny. My wife is in Miami at a convention. She's been chatting it up with the Honduran national team (I have nothing to worry about as far as I know), which is staying in the same hotel (I assume for the Gold Cup). Alex Lopez is, as a write this, having lunch in the hotel restaurant where she also is. If I hear any news about a TFC link, I'll let everyone know.
    HAHAHA Thats just awesome. Very very cool.

She should be chatting it up less with the whole team and more with just him. Get him hooked to Toronto, you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    HAHAHA Thats just awesome. Very very cool.

She should be chatting it up less with the whole team and more with just him. Get him hooked to Toronto, you know.
    Oh yeah, she's chatting them all up and telling them how awesome Toronto is. She asked if Alex Lopez was there specifically and they all thought it was crazy she knew him by name. They're loving it apparently. Again, I don't think I have anything to worry about....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happens in Miami stays in Miami?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any rumor on Bosingwa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bahahaha. yes you should be fine......

Oh yeah, she's chatting them all up and telling them how awesome Toronto is. She asked if Alex Lopez was there specifically and they all thought it was crazy she knew him by name. They're loving it apparently. Again, I don't think I have anything to worry about....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fiji_blue View Post
    any rumor on Bosingwa
    ... now there's a full back i wouldn't mind paying Ecks wages... But I think we have to wait till next year before tinkering with the back line, and having 3 high priced fullbacks, don't think the supporters would let the FO get away with that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just go an update from the TFC Mobile app

Danny Califf announces his retirement

on Twitter too
    Toronto FC ‏@torontofc 4m .@DannyCaliff announces retirement, stays with #TFC as scout: http://ow.ly/mUA63 . #TorontoFC #MLS

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Just go an update from the TFC Mobile app

Danny Califf announces his retirement

on Twitter too
    Toronto FC ‏@torontofc 4m .@DannyCaliff announces retirement, stays with #TFC as scout: http://ow.ly/mUA63 . #TorontoFC #MLS
    Same here, surprised it didn't hit elsewhere.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another move. Hmmmmm

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So does he come off the books?
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Danny on his retirement.

Still waiting for the other shoe to drop in terms of our signings....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Yup, but since he's staying on as a "scout" he still gets paid a salary. Same thing as Frings pretty much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Might be that the scouting job was a creative way to pay his guaranteed contract without it counting against the cap. Not sure. I think they could buy him out in the first half of the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe they didn't buy him out because it's "nicer" this way. Getting a "job" in the organization and mentioning a back condition instead of being bought out and everyone saying it was because he was a lard ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Alex Lopez comes to Toronto chasing your girl, we can just write it off as taking one for the team... If he does actually come here Ill buy you a girl for a night as replacement?

Seems fair?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am too lazy...what was his salary?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    If Alex Lopez comes to Toronto chasing your girl, we can just write it off as taking one for the team... If he does actually come here Ill buy you a girl for a night as replacement?

Seems fair?
    Well, we should all pitch in at least, get him a proper lass

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Letter by Califf: http://www.torontofc.ca/content/dann...irement-letter

I am not retiring because I have a career ending back injury, or because I have knee problems, or because TFC did not do their due diligence when they signed me in January.

The reason for my retirement is because when you are 33 years old and have played 14 years at a professional level, you start to have priorities that reach beyond yourself. Do I really want to train every day knowing that I am not in the coach's plan to play...
    Sounds like he's been hearing everything said in the media about him, not too happy with Nelson it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Letter by Califf: http://www.torontofc.ca/content/dann...irement-letter

Sounds like he's been hearing everything said in the media about him, not too happy with Nelson it seems.
    Meh, you never know... he may have wanted to wait out this year, and Nelsen's comments forced his hand a little, in which case, well done Nelsen. Good for Califf for at least getting his say, and having the last word.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Yup, but since he's staying on as a "scout" he still gets paid a salary. Same thing as Frings pretty much.
    Well, it is and it isn't. Frings was bought out and they called it retirement & left the club. Califf actually retired (guessing) and remains on as a scout.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil