Page 118 of 288 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168218 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 8618
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting interview. It definitely seems like he has a plan. But because of the situation the club was in when he took over, it would take a year to come to fruition.

During this window if we sign 3/4 of Forlan, Urruti, a winger, and a fullback the FO will have proven itself. Next few weeks should be exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Next few weeks should be exciting.
    Or devastatingly depressing. Or somewhere between the two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Aren't O'Dea and Eckersley's deals through at least the end of next year? Those two contracts are a real albatross. I'd like to know how we have so much more flexibility next year.
    Just speculating - MLS allows one contract in the offseason to be bought out - although TFC and Torsten Frings called it a retirement, I recall Payne saying that there was a financial settlement. So a buyout eliminates one contract.
    Payne mentioned trades too.
    I think that Eckersley needs to have a strong comeback from injury and his ability to become a non-International in 2014 will be in his favour.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if I was O'Dea I'd be going "Hmm, maybe I should call up the agent."

Proof of KP's talent will be in this window. KP has to get deals done to make this team more competitive.

So much to digest in that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Just speculating - MLS allows one contract in the offseason to be bought out - although TFC and Torsten Frings called it a retirement, I recall Payne saying that there was a financial settlement. So a buyout eliminates one contract.
    Payne mentioned trades too.
    I think that Eckersley needs to have a strong comeback from injury and his ability to become a non-International in 2014 will be in his favour.
    Yeah, I forgot about buyouts.

Think OgtheDim is right. If I were O'Dea I'd be worried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We're looking at adding a possible young wide defender"

Buh-bye Morgan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever since o'dea moved the left back he's been really good . I think he's better there then at cb .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    "We're looking at adding a possible young wide defender"

Buh-bye Morgan.
    I think bye bye O' Dea instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan is awful he cant dribble he can't pass. Every time tfc has possession and they swing the ball from right to left the attack often than not stalls because he gives it away. Dunfield would be a better wing back then morgan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think bye bye O' Dea instead.
    Both is my hunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we made a mistake trading that first overall pick where Farell could be Ecks replacement.

I do think we need some wingback support. And wingers for that matter..

We will take Russel off the books. Why is Russell even here...Convey will only stay for a huge discount. Same for Braun.
    Dunfield and Califf are already going to be gone off our books.
    When we add these bigger pieces it will help us a lot, but the real essence of a solid MLS team are how much bang for your buck do you get out of your 90,000-190,000 (roughly) players. Right now we actually get very little. Look to SKC, Houston etc, and they do the best.
    These guys especially who count as domestic. We do need some above average MLSers American or Canadian, to fill this fluff.

I don't see Brockie staying as he is committed to a club, but I think with both parties very much enjoying his stay that perhaps next year we can bring him in full time once Wellington prepare for his move. He has a history of moving about so contract issues wont be a problem.
    He is such a versatile attacker and is dangerous everywhere. You can tell he lacks pure quality with the ball and in finishing, but makes up for it with intelligence and hard work. I think thats what makes him a solid MLSer and a player you'd want around if your playing MLS and CONACAF action (in the future).

There will be a raise here and there (hall...) but looking at all the canadian boys, Bendik, Boss, Hall, Richter, Thomas, Reggie (people are so hard on him when he plays well for his salary) thats some shrewd business. Laba at 200,000 is to hoping he gets better with time but Will Johnson sits at $240,000 and so I would like to see him just as influential soon.

As for Caldwell (and our over paid defenders...) Look at Victor Bernardez, top defender who played for Anderlecht and is only making $100,000. Besler at $180,000? I hate bringing in defenders from Europe since they are overprices and finding undervalued gems in SoutH-Central America is even easier for defenders because they under valute them. If he makes less then $150,000 Id be a lifelong KP fan. Anything over $200,000 of guaranteed money I think we should have looked elsewhere.

I think with all this talk about bringing guys in we are forgetting about the typical North American player. I mean the jeremy halls and bobby conveys (and what Califf was suppose to be). We do need a few more. Some name dropping for the off season (As KP very consciously made it obvious that he is having troubles making trades within the league after the July guaranteed contracts deadline, because everyone has no wiggle room.
    Eddie Gaven
    Zack Loyd
    Chris Pontius
    Richardo Clark
    Benny Feilhaber
    Paulo Nagamura (Green card)
    Will Johnson
    Brad Evans
    Jewsberry
    Etc.

That crowd. We need a few. The US borderline nationals/Canadian nationals/Green card dudes.

That is all..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bye bye O'Dea, Eck (unless he's willing to take a pay cut) and possibly Morgan (he's still cheap and counts as a domestic. So he can be used as a back up/depth player).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    I think we made a mistake trading that first overall pick where Farell could be Ecks replacement.
    Except we were over the cap already when Payne got here, so I guess we had to make that trade to give them flexibility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love (no I don't) how folks treat players as if they were trading cards or cars to trade in.
    No matter what you think of a player's ability or future, a contract is a contract. If you truly think O'Dea is departing at the snap of a finger, remember that he can be traded, he can be paid but not play or he plays for TFC for 2013.
    If you read between the lines on Payne's comments, whatever you think of O'Dea's contract in KP's opinion J Plata's was worse and hence a deal was made, Plata for Nada. We can speculate that O'Dea will be an offseason buyout next winter or that re-negotiations may take place...but it is a waste of time snapping your fingers in the summer of 2013 (now watch some deals be swung in the next two weeks that render this all moot)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This hasn't been a great draft class. There have been some useful players around (Dillon Powers, Deshorn Brown), but overall I haven't seen much.

Farrell has looked terrible every time I've seen him. Maybe he sorts it out long run, but he gets excused a lot on account of being one of those top rated Americans coming out of NCAA. He'd be roundly roasted for the mistakes he makes if he had any other profile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure anyone picked up on this about Forlan, but Kevin Payne said this in today's media scrum:

About Forlan: "I don't think its a good policy to talk about deals that are in progress"

Starts between 30-40 seconds in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Not sure anyone picked up on this about Forlan, but Kevin Payne said this in today's media scrum:

About Forlan: "I don't think its a good policy to talk about deals that are in progress"

Starts between 30-40 seconds in
    He's not referring to Forlan specifically. It is a general statement. It's common knowledge that they are looking at multiple potential DPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question from Neil Davidson of the Canadian press was about Forlan and if TFC was interested in him? Watch it from the beginning.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting interview. I like KP a lot.

Seems that DC paid a large amount of allocation to get Silva. If they really wanted him THAT badly, they have paid for it, I'm certain.

This could be a fascinating couple of weeks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    The question from Neil Davidson of the Canadian press was about Forlan and if TFC was interested in him? Watch it from the beginning.
    Doesn't matter. The answer is about deals in general and he qualifies it as such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally off topic, but KP reminds me of an old Brody from Homeland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Doesn't matter. The answer is about deals in general and he qualifies it as such.
    Exactly my point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post

I do think we need some wingback support. And wingers for that matter..

We will take Russel off the books. Why is Russell even here...Convey will only stay for a huge discount. Same for Braun.
    Dunfield and Califf are already going to be gone off our books.
    When we add these bigger pieces it will help us a lot, but the real essence of a solid MLS team are how much bang for your buck do you get out of your 90,000-190,000 (roughly) players. Right now we actually get very little. Look to SKC, Houston etc, and they do the best.
    These guys especially who count as domestic. We do need some above average MLSers American or Canadian, to fill this fluff.

I don't see Brockie staying as he is committed to a club, but I think with both parties very much enjoying his stay that perhaps next year we can bring him in full time once Wellington prepare for his move. He has a history of moving about so contract issues wont be a problem.
    He is such a versatile attacker and is dangerous everywhere. You can tell he lacks pure quality with the ball and in finishing, but makes up for it with intelligence and hard work. I think thats what makes him a solid MLSer and a player you'd want around if your playing MLS and CONACAF action (in the future).

There will be a raise here and there (hall...) but looking at all the canadian boys, Bendik, Boss, Hall, Richter, Thomas, Reggie (people are so hard on him when he plays well for his salary) thats some shrewd business. Laba at 200,000 is to hoping he gets better with time but Will Johnson sits at $240,000 and so I would like to see him just as influential soon.

As for Caldwell (and our over paid defenders...) Look at Victor Bernardez, top defender who played for Anderlecht and is only making $100,000. Besler at $180,000? I hate bringing in defenders from Europe since they are overprices and finding undervalued gems in SoutH-Central America is even easier for defenders because they under valute them. If he makes less then $150,000 Id be a lifelong KP fan. Anything over $200,000 of guaranteed money I think we should have looked elsewhere.

I think with all this talk about bringing guys in we are forgetting about the typical North American player. I mean the jeremy halls and bobby conveys (and what Califf was suppose to be). We do need a few more. Some name dropping for the off season (As KP very consciously made it obvious that he is having troubles making trades within the league after the July guaranteed contracts deadline, because everyone has no wiggle room.
    Eddie Gaven
    Zack Loyd
    Chris Pontius
    Richardo Clark
    Benny Feilhaber
    Paulo Nagamura (Green card)
    Will Johnson
    Brad Evans
    Jewsberry
    Etc.

That crowd. We need a few. The US borderline nationals/Canadian nationals/Green card dudes.

That is all..
    Totally agree with you here. I said earlier, we need more guys like the kid George Costanza gave the Susan Ross Foundation scholarship to. Not so good that they're showing off. But they're doing fine and getting by. Those are they guys that will win us championships. Convey is the perfect example.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All discussions of what we did this season so far have to be seen in the light of what KP said yesterday - we were over the cap while under in bodies.

Thus, trading that pick got us allocation that allowed us to be able to afford the players we had/have. The asset of a possible player was not as important as the need to reduce cap issues.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Totally agree with you here. I said earlier, we need more guys like the kid George Costanza gave the Susan Ross Foundation scholarship to. Not so good that they're showing off. But they're doing fine and getting by. Those are they guys that will win us championships. Convey is the perfect example.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this ... is Steven Koren. His G.P.A. is a solid 2.0! Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMDRbOBMno

EDIT: and while we're at it, here's the best of Mr Kruger, of Kruger Industrial Smoothing. He really reminds me of how this team has been managed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6kVBGeQeR4
    Last edited by ProfessorDamage; 07-12-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDamage View Post

"Ladies and gentlemen, this ... is Steven Koren. His G.P.A. is a solid 2.0! Right in that meaty part of the curve - not showing off, not falling behind."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXMDRbOBMno
    Lol. Awesome!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Interesting interview. I like KP a lot.

Seems that DC paid a large amount of allocation to get Silva. If they really wanted him THAT badly, they have paid for it, I'm certain.

This could be a fascinating couple of weeks!
    I'm on the fence with him. The team is still makeshift. His philosophy seems sound, but actions speak louder than words. So we'll see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the Soccer Show last night Payne said we can expect at least 3 additions this window. They're "in the process" of negotiating a year-long loan for a young wide player who plays in Argentina. They're looking at two forwards, one younger and one more established (Urruti and Forlan?) from South America. Also working on acquiring a younger wide defender out of North America.

Listen to it here, Payne comes on at 16:50: http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/socce...--Thursday.mp3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Koevermans is done at TFC, he just can't keep healthy and its a shame, but we will probably need to let him go unless he takes a HUGE paycut (which i doubt), so most likely i think he is done....