Page 15 of 288 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am looking forward to have TFC newcomer Joe Bendik autograph some photos this week. After next Saturday I hope to have get within single digits of the 151 players who have suited for the Reds in terms of signed photos. So I am always up for additions to the roster within reason any ways.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    "once our roster is set": And how long will that take? As demonstrated by the expansion teams that followed TFC, it does not take 7 years to build a contender in MLS. Unless of course you live in Toronto where building a winning team is measured in decades, not years. Dunfield would not start on any othrt MLS club, he is simply not vry good. We don't hate the man just what he symbolizes.
    He started for Vancouver when he played there, so you're plain wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    He started for Vancouver when he played there, so you're plain wrong.
    He actually started only 11 of 20 games for Vancouver. Clearly he was deemed expendable and traded midseason. Anyway that was two years ago on an expansion team.

Right now Dunfield is a decent depth player on a fair ($86k in 2012) contract. He's best suited to a substitute role or filling in for a game or two when necessary. He is NOT good enough to be a consistent starter on a playoff team. Especially not when paired with Jeremy Hall.

TFC sorely needs an upgrade in the middle of the park. Hopefully Cesar will provide that. Ideally we'd acquire another mid to push both Hall and Dunfield to the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonathan B-Borgault, I thought was a no brainer to sign with TFC. Similar with Jaime Peters. I'm shocked that Wiedeman and Dunfield together are worth more than Peters to this team. IMO, if you dont use them, then why do you sign them?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Jonathan B-Borgault, I thought was a no brainer to sign with TFC. Similar with Jaime Peters. I'm shocked that Wiedeman and Dunfield together are worth more than Peters to this team. IMO, if you dont use them, then why do you sign them?
    for what it is worth, apparently peters showed up to both Vancouver and us doing his best Colin Samuel impression
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    He actually started only 11 of 20 games for Vancouver. Clearly he was deemed expendable and traded midseason. Anyway that was two years ago on an expansion team.

Right now Dunfield is a decent depth player on a fair ($86k in 2012) contract. He's best suited to a substitute role or filling in for a game or two when necessary. He is NOT good enough to be a consistent starter on a playoff team. Especially not when paired with Jeremy Hall.

TFC sorely needs an upgrade in the middle of the park. Hopefully Cesar will provide that. Ideally we'd acquire another mid to push both Hall and Dunfield to the bench.

Ok, so he was a starter for another MLS team then right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Ok, so he was a starter for another MLS team then right?
    The original argument stated he would not start for any other MLS club. That means right now. Not two years ago on an expansion team. Where by the way he lost his starting job because he wasn't good enough.

Did you even read the rest of my post or do you not have anything meaningful to add to this discussion? I'll say it again in case you missed it: Dunfield is a depth player on a playoff team. We need to upgrade him and Hall both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with that statement is that yeah Dunfield is a depth player on a playoff team. However I think alot of us here know this team is far from that. We're a bubble team at most. We need upgrades all over the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    The original argument stated he would not start for any other MLS club. That means right now. Not two years ago on an expansion team. Where by the way he lost his starting job because he wasn't good enough.

Did you even read the rest of my post or do you not have anything meaningful to add to this discussion? I'll say it again in case you missed it: Dunfield is a depth player on a playoff team. We need to upgrade him and Hall both.

Well you didn't mention this in your original argument. But besides that, how can the man start for another team and for us right now at the same time? Are you retarded? He can only start for one team at a time... it's simple causality logic. It appears that you are moving the goal posts to suit yourself.

Dunfield is a depth player. I'll give you that. But having scored 6 goals for us in all competitions last year he is the best depth player, or perhaps the best player that we have on our team right now.

How many goals did Deguzman or Frings score for us in the defensive midfield position?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

none of this has anything to do with new player acquisitions. quit spamming the thread.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that we have a "Terry Dunfield Omnibus Thread." Here's the link to the current page: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...s-Thread/page3

Knock yourself out over there please.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No point continuing discussion with someone who says things like "But having scored 6 goals for us in all competitions last year he is the best depth player, or perhaps the best player that we have on our team right now. How many goals did Deguzman or Frings score for us in the defensive midfield position?"

Back to topic: does anyone know much about this Ryan Richter guy, only trialist right now? Larson seems to think he's replacing Stinson, but listed as a winger/forward on wiki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Kurt Larson will be at TFC training this morning. Hopefully, he'll have some news regarding player acquisitions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As per twitter...

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc #TorontoFC adds versatile defender Ryan Richter to squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Bench depth only. This isn't one of the big moves.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro9mO'Dea, Bekker and Ashtone not here at practice. All UK players are back in town. Been told David Monsalve is here. Not sure if it's a trial.

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro7mCochrane says Monsalve just training with team. Not on a trial. #TFC

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro5m
    No new guys on trial at #TFC this morning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Versatile = bench

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Isn't Monsalve still with FC Edmonton? When does NASL season get underway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    As per twitter...

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc #TorontoFC adds versatile defender Ryan Richter to squad.

So is there much difference between him and Matt Stinson other than Stinson came from the Academy and is Canadian and Richter is slightly older and American?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monsalve does keeper training at my son's academy. Super guy and not worse than most MLS keepers, surprised he isn't on someone's bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    So is there much difference between him and Matt Stinson other than Stinson came from the Academy and is Canadian and Richter is slightly older and American?
    Matt Stinson = Midfielder
    Ryan Richter = Defender

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Monsalve does keeper training at my son's academy. Super guy and not worse than most MLS keepers, surprised he isn't on someone's bench.
    I remember I really liked what I saw for that one match he played at TFC. If not for the fact that we are all filled up with GKs, I wouldn't have minded him on the roster at all. That and I remember reading about his desire to contribute to the local community. Though, it appears that he isn't starting at Edmonton - I wonder why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    Matt Stinson = Midfielder
    Ryan Richter = Defender
    Matt Stinson is also a defender. Remember the game against the Red Bulls?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing Richter is comfortable at left back. Probably depth for Morgan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was never that crazy about Stinson. He was here for a couple of years and gave it a shot, it didn't work out. Didn't see anything from him that suggested he was hard done by. Perhaps just a product of the 18-23 development gap but he struggled with multiple Canadian youth teams as well. Somebody at TFC FO should be smacked around for signing that kid out of college and sending him 10 steps backwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I'm guessing Richter is comfortable at left back. Probably depth for Morgan.
    What people don't know is Richter was originally a very good striker, he had 10 goals in 45 games with the Northeasters. Maybe the Union pegged him as a defender, which really was never his strong point. If you put Ricthter as a depth striker it makes a lot of sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownchef View Post
    What people don't know is Richter was originally a very good striker, he had 10 goals in 45 games with the Northeasters. Maybe the Union pegged him as a defender, which really was never his strong point. If you put Ricthter as a depth striker it makes a lot of sense.
    I don't see why we'd sign him with the intention of using him as a striker when we have T. Morgan, Bennett, Braun & Wiedeman on the roster, with the Argentinian forward presumably still on the way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can he possibly be better than 'the best finisher in the modern era' ?

Although WeedMan has a great name, I wouldn't miss him.

MLS.com has him listed as a forward:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/ryan-richter

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinatownchef View Post
    Maybe he could be like Chris Pozniak was in the early days... a jack of all trades, master of none. Ideal depth for filling in those holes in the roster that pop up due to injuries, while taking up very little cap space for covering all of those positions.

Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-25-2013 at 12:03 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto