RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Yohan.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the player interviews are up at the tfc site now. Eventually youtube will have them too.

editor cut the Frei interview short during a loaded question from Neil Davidson. Wish we could here the answer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Wow,negative article...didn't expect much else when I saw it was Cathal Kelly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why Kelly bothers to show up....he has what he wants to write in his head already.

He's not even provocative anymore as he just does the same schtick.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found Nelsen's 36 minute presser pretty informative. It's also good to see the 'communication' quotes that have been hung on him in their actual context. He seems far more accepting of blame than the media reports seem to indicate, and he seems far more sympathetic to Frei, Ecks and Koovs than I would have gathered from the media columns. I also liked very much his comments about allowing the young guys to make mistakes to harden them to be better players down the road. He also noted that in the past, TFC has been too quick to give up on young guys, only to see them develop with another team and then come back to bite us on the ass. True words those!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    I found Nelsen's 36 minute presser pretty informative. It's also good to see the 'communication' quotes that have been hung on him in their actual context. He seems far more accepting of blame than the media reports seem to indicate, and he seems far more sympathetic to Frei, Ecks and Koovs than I would have gathered from the media columns. I also liked very much his comments about allowing the young guys to make mistakes to harden them to be better players down the road. He also noted that in the past, TFC has been too quick to give up on young guys, only to see them develop with another team and then come back to bite us on the ass. True words those!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don see were I buy media guide in link.