Page 91 of 288 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    The word out there is that TFC FO bodies have been in Spain and in SA (Argentina and Uruguay). Thats fine. Atleast they are around.
    What happened to our Honduran connections? Is Amado Guevara still enlisted to find us some players?
    Screw that midfielder/rightback but lets still look at their class....
    Rojas and Lopez. Both are young and can make plays (they are also best buddies).
    Bring both of them in, Lopez probably as DP and you could have a pretty decent team.. quickly..
    There's more quantity of very skilled players in SA and Spain than Honduras and other central american nations. If we are going to use our DP's then it better be for very good players who have played in very good leagues. We already got a young DP and bunch of good Under 23 players, but now we need more quality veteran players to lead this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Califf is back home for personal reasons according to Molinaro (via Payne). Speculate at will.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfcs-...sonal-reasons/
    Last edited by Haddy; 06-18-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Tranfers:
    Olof Mellberg is out of contract at Villarreal. While I'm sure a return to La Liga is mouth-watering, I'd love to see him in #MLS. - Wonder if TFC will try one more time?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    MLS Tranfers:
    Olof Mellberg is out of contract at Villarreal. While I'm sure a return to La Liga is mouth-watering, I'd love to see him in #MLS. - Wonder if TFC will try one more time?
    I'd take a pass on any more central defenders especially when they come at DP prices. Uncle Don f*cking us on that one ended up saving us in the long run.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't personal reasons around here the precursor to a retirement?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, am I totally stupid in wondering why they don't have a bigger scouting team? They want to bring anyone in on trial first anyway so what is the harm in putting 20 guys out there looking for talent?
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    And looks like Avila learned at least a little bit of defending at Chivas USA, something he was horrid at TFC and was only good as an AM here.
    Avila could press effectively and control the ball when he won it, which I rate as being more useful than being able to run back to your own box and throw in a sloppy tackle or body check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Isn't personal reasons around here the precursor to a retirement?
    I was thinking the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Caldwell is off of his loan in July and we have Henry and Morgan off at the Gold Cup, we'll be down Califf, Agboss, O'Dea and Emory for the CB/LB positions. I doubt we'd be moving Califf before that point as it leaves us very thin and he will most likely get playing time during that time. We actually have more coverage on RB with Russell, Ecks and Richter (I guess Ecks could​ play CB too).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    If Caldwell is off of his loan in July and we have Henry and Morgan off at the Gold Cup, we'll be down Califf, Agboss, O'Dea and Emory for the CB/LB positions. I doubt we'd be moving Califf before that point as it leaves us very thin and he will most likely get playing time during that time. We actually have more coverage on RB with Russell, Ecks and Richter (I guess Ecks could​ play CB too).
    No need to panic. Caldwell in on loan until the end of June but then his contract is up. We can simply sign him assuming he likes the playing time and his family is cool with moving here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Wonder if we need to move the likes of Califf and Frei to have the cap space to sign him (as we apparently did Dunfield to sign Earnshaw).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    ^ Wonder if we need to move the likes of Califf and Frei to have the cap space to sign him (as we apparently did Dunfield to sign Earnshaw).
    That makes a shit ton of sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems kind of funny how we are cap-strung... the roster doesn't feel very deep. Undoubtedly we are still paying part of the cap hit for players who aren't on our books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Seems kind of funny how we are cap-strung... the roster doesn't feel very deep. Undoubtedly we are still paying part of the cap hit for players who aren't on our books.
    I think part of that is that we're making the space available for the purported big DP level signing in the summer. That and probably a few more short term deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to speculate on that stuff given the secrecy behind contracts, allocation etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to speculate on that stuff given the secrecy behind contracts, allocation etc.
    For sure.

It just kind of feels weird when you look around the league at teams that have strong rosters and can still afford to add more talent. TFC never seems to have any flexibility by comparison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sure.

It just kind of feels weird when you look around the league at teams that have strong rosters and can still afford to add more talent. TFC never seems to have any flexibility by comparison.
    Having guys like O'Dea and Eckersley on the contracts they are really don't help. That's, what, $600,000 on two players? Hard to justify that. Most MLS teams hide their lower quality players in the left and right back positions. We pay ours close to DP wages.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Califf sure but if Caldwell's potential salary is anywhere near the equivalent of Califf's and Frei's combined then we are just totally fucked. Near 1/3 of our cap on 3 defenders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having guys like O'Dea and Eckersley on the contracts they are really don't help. That's, what, $600,000 on two players? Hard to justify that. Most MLS teams hide their lower quality players in the left and right back positions. We pay ours close to DP wages.

Did you mean lower paid? I think you did, why would you have lower quality at left and right backs, do you not pay a premium for quality, next year renegotiate Ecks to a lower salary, if it's a no go we still have quality at the back, TFC needs a Caldwell at the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think he's right either way you want to look at it. LB and RB positions in MLS are generally places where teams skimp. the salaries are less and the quality is proportional to the amount spent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I think he's right either way you want to look at it. LB and RB positions in MLS are generally places where teams skimp. the salaries are less and the quality is proportional to the amount spent.
    Yea after thinking about it you are correct, again if we can renegotiate Ecks, and maybe O'Dea

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    I think Russell hasn't shown enough.....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    I think Russell hasn't shown enough.....
    russell hasn't played enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Russell needs to be cut. I am not sure what role he has left on this team. We got our DM's and Richter is starting over him as a RB (which is saying a lot).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Russell needs to be cut. I am not sure what role he has left on this team. We got our DM's and Richter is starting over him as a RB (which is saying a lot).
    I agree, he offers very little in DM or RB. Honestly don't know why we signed him or why he is still here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Walter Erviti (33 y/o Argentine MF at Boca Jr.) has been linked with a move to MLS.
    Also rumored to be coming to MLS is, Mauro Diaz (22 y/o Argentine MF with River Plate).

What are the chances either of these guys are coming to TFC, given the recent scouting trip in South America?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emmanuel Quispe ‏@emaquix 1h Mauro Diaz (#River Plate), Walter Erviti (#Boca Jrs) y un tercer argentino que está en Colombia jugarían en la #MLS a partir de julio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Erviti
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauro_D%C3%ADaz

It's logical that these could be the players Payne was scouting while in South America. Both attacking minded midfielders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw some action of these two and from what I recall they both have skill good on the ball

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Island Man View Post
    I agree, he offers very little in DM or RB. Honestly don't know why we signed him or why he is still here.
    Russel can play in multiple positions, and is on a pretty low wage. Imagine if Richter got injured right now, or Hall, we would be pretty stuffed without Russel as backup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Saw some action of these two and from what I recall they both have skill good on the ball
    Erviti's been capped at 29 (crazy Maradona camp?) and played in Mexico for some time, so if he has gas in the tank, that's promising.

OTher kid has good second division numbers, so why not? We need an attacking midfielder. Plus, two more Spanish speaking mids to join Osorio, Silva and Laba.