Page 220 of 288 FirstFirst ... 120170210216217218219220221222223224230270 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,600 of 8618
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I prefer Preki and his Eastern European rejects.
    Where is Usanov anyway?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro1m
    Payne says #tfc still have sights on 2 major attacking players. Hopes to sign them in next 2 weeks.

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro19s
    Payne said deal for a major player fell through. Wouldn't say who. Declined to comment on Maxi Moralez reports and on Urruti's status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If everyone counted promises and hopes of managers then Man U would have Ronaldo, Alcantara, Baines, and Fellaini. Man U would keep Rooney and Liverpool would keep Suarez and everything would all peaching keen in northwest England. You follow Football enough you learn not to listen and more so invest your hopes into what managers say during transfer windows.
    Sure, but be fair here. You're saying there wasn't a LOT more expectations in this window than ever - considering what Payne and Leiweke said? Then you're probably the only one left not disappointed. Expectations were sky high.

Anyway, window is over, but we still have signings in our sight - but I'm not expecting anything this time. Payne & Co. have yet to deliver.

John Molinaro@JohnMolinaro21s
    Payne says #tfc still have sights on 2 major attacking players. Hopes to sign them in next 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro45s
    Payne says fans shouldn't worry. Attacking reinforcements of DP quality are coming who weren't subject to transfer deadline.

LOL, they must be great then..

They will be announced as soon as the renewal period ends, trust me they will be great, and don't forget to renew your seasons

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well they have until sep. 15...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Urutti is obviously still a target. So I think there's a pretty good chance we'll get him in the end.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm....Payne presser on TFC TV later today by the sounds of things.

Condescending Larsen article in about 7 hours?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Sure, but be fair here. You're saying there wasn't a LOT more expectations in this window than ever - considering what Payne and Leiweke said? Then you're probably the only one left not disappointed. Expectations were sky high.
    I am pretty happy we didn't take Forlan. I will tell you that. Wasn't pleased with that whole concept at all. I of course wanted the Euro Maxi but he wasn't into it so what can you do? Rey and Elmer, even though I haven't seen much are pluses. Bloom and Thomas are depth. I will assume Urruti is one of the players Payne is mentioning and if he is and we get him then we came out of this window with what I wanted; depth, cap space, and most importantly young players.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Tim and Kevin: "Don't worry guys, we got this. Next transfer window we're lining up Falcao"Honestly, I'd be happy with Davide Somma at this point.
    Haha, still have a soft spot for him - hope he catches on somewhere. He'd be one more attacking option anyway, something of which we're not exactly in abundance. And he's played in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously, someone put a muzzle on Payne.

Regardless of Urruti, what free agent DP quality players are out there??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Well they have until sep. 15...
    right but how many of these types of DP quality players are out of contract? Most would be out of contract for a reason. Same old story at TFC, rather depressing.. Im sad, just want a decent team for once..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yawn. Tired of this back and forth with Payne. Needlessly raising expectations. Just give a non-answer ("we continue to pursue transfer targets"), keep working and surprise us for once. Again, if you miss this "next two weeks" deadline, you're just embarrassing yourself, and in a way which is completely avoidable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Probably lots if you want to overpay. And by overpay, I mean really overpay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id rather they kept their mouths shut, money and DP spots in their pockets and wait till next Summer and after the World Cup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro1mPayne says #tfc still have sights on 2 major attacking players. Hopes to sign them in next 2 weeks.
    This tweet could have been today, one week ago, two weeks ago, one month ago. Seriously, Payne, STFU and just get the signings in before saying anything again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tons, man. Just search Wikipedia for "footballer free agent -American"

There are some good names in there.

Cole won't be coming. He's a premier level goal scorer, even if he's getting older, and after the four teams interested in the prem, there are another five or six interested in the championship.

I consider this window a very bad sign. As much as Lieweke is lauded for LA, it was a total fuckup when he was actually involved (read the Beckham experiment); so far, Payne also looks like a remnant of the older league.

There are many, many free agents AND cheaper league players out there we could have obtained in this window. Our reputation outside of MLS is hardly known, so that's not really an issue, particularly with the money available.

This window, so far, has been an abject failure and does not look good on their abilities to scout and close a deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh never mind, now his timeline is an attacking player in a week and another the following week.

Put up or shut up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't assume the 2nd player would be this season. Could be Urruti and a DP pre-contract announcement for January. The way things are going, it'll be Urruti and Earnshaw re-signed for another year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't seem to have played much recently but Carlos Alberto, Ex of Porto and Vasco, is a free agent.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Alberto_de_Jesus

Slim pickings for FA's in Argentina
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Acevedo would be the pick of a bad bunch.
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 08-09-2013 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't seem to have played much recently but Carlos Alberto, Ex of Porto and Vasco, is a free agent.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Alberto_de_Jesus
    Look at his record. He gets loaned out more than Freddy Adu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    This tweet could have been today, one week ago, two weeks ago, one month ago. Seriously, Payne, STFU and just get the signings in before saying anything again.
    Think this guy needs to re-train his media strategy for a market that will actually pay attention to what he says.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I think it's clear they still have their sights set on Urruti, but who could the other DP quality attacking player be who's currently out of contract???
    Last edited by Suds; 08-09-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    So I think it's clear they still have their sights set on Urruti, but who could the other DP quality attaching player be who's currently out of contract???
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvan_Ebanks-Blake

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Our reputation outside of MLS is hardly known, so that's not really an issue, particularly with the money available.
    Surely you're not being serious, because Google. Even Mariner knew how to use Wikipedia, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Look at his record. He gets loaned out more than Freddy Adu.
    He looks terrible. Quality of clubs he's playing for has steadily gone down and no good performances to speak of since 2009. Maybe if he can wrap his head around earning 150k in MLS you'd take a shot at it but otherwise it's not worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    So I think it's clear they still have their sights set on Urruti, but who could the other DP quality attaching player be who's currently out of contract???
    I'm having a look through Transfermarkt to see what free agents are available and there isn't any DP talent. I posted 2 players further up the page but they are hardly DP quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDamage View Post
    Surely you're not being serious, because Google. Even Mariner knew how to use Wikipedia, too.
    Yes, that's right, footballers sit around Googling to see if they'll like the club their agent is talking to.

Be serious, man. We had a horrible five years before Torsten Frings and Danny K signed. Yet they signed.

Money talks. If a team having losing records prevented them from signing players, nobody would play for half the teams in Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He looks terrible. Quality of clubs he's playing for has steadily gone down and no good performances to speak of since 2009. Maybe if he can wrap his head around earning 150k in MLS you'd take a shot at it but otherwise it's not worth it.

I posted Carlos Alberto to show what type of free agents are available. Not saying we should sign him.

It's speaking more to where the hell are these free agent attacking DP quality players coming from when anyone decent has probably signed elsewhere by now given the European leagues are starting to kick into gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm having a look through Transfermarkt to see what free agents are available and there isn't any DP talent. I posted 2 players further up the page but they are hardly DP quality.
    Transfermarkt is no more of a useful source than any other. Many, many players aren't up to date on there, or haven't been scouted, or haven't been sourced. It's an amateur database; pro databases cost money and are a lot more accurate. They include game film, contract details, club contacts ... the works.