Page 152 of 288 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,560 of 8618
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Seems that this has been TFC's issue since day one. Objective is always to sell tickets and not build a decent MLS Team. Giving away useful players to make room for a big-time ticket seller seems to be the goal right now.
    You call O'Dea useful for taking up almost half a million against the cap?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we're having trouble signing players. We are the Man United of MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

UMMM......
    NOT SO SURE WE HAVE EVER BEEN RELATED TO UNITED IN ANY FORM BEFORE....ALSO DON'T THINK WE EVER SHOULD BE AGAIN...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems that this has been TFC's issue since day one. Objective is always to sell tickets and not build a decent MLS Team. Giving away useful players to make room for a big-time ticket seller seems to be the goal right now.
    Lol name me one awesome international player TFC has signed? Please enlighten us all...TFC has always went after these no name bums who were never great players..You need at least 2-3 real quality players and im sorry the garbage that management has cut so far were far from quality...The team is doing crap and those traded/cut players were all part of this bad team...the team needed to cut all the expensive players to make room for?...lets see who they can grab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Man U is having issues bc it is going after players the top 3-4 rich clubs are going after....Cavani was just sold for 63 mil, that's insane cash..Plus Man u can easily sell rooney, nani to fund some new signings

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    Lol name me one awesome international player TFC has signed? Please enlighten us all...TFC has always went after these no name bums who were never great players..You need at least 2-3 real quality players and im sorry the garbage that management has cut so far were far from quality...The team is doing crap and those traded/cut players were all part of this bad team...the team needed to cut all the expensive players to make room for?...lets see who they can grab
    That is one seriously negative post it's only 10am...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if the big-time ticket seller plays in the same position as one of the dumped useful players then it makes sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    You call O'Dea useful for taking up almost half a million against the cap?!
    Probably more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I lol'd.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its going to be a fun week, I can tell.

I expect to see the money game in full effect.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Let's hope so....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I lol'd.
    Thanks. It was supposed to be a joke, not a face palming opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Anzhi has offered 35 million plus E'too for El Shawaary...Maybe he has come availble now, TFC and E'too? lmao i think this guy makes 20 mil a season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That is one seriously negative post it's only 10am...
    we haven't made the playoffs, im frustrated with the way management has run this team to the ground...time to give the fans real quality players and a quality team

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@LuisOmarTapia: Parece ser que Diego Forlan sera la nueva figura de la MLS y seria presentado esta semana en Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Translated:
    @ LuisOmarTapia: It seems that Diego Forlan will be the new figure of the MLS and would be presented this week at Toronto FC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

More allocation money coming in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we haven't made the playoffs, im frustrated with the way management has run this team to the ground...time to give the fans real quality players and a quality team
    Well maybe someone else other than MLSE can do that. If the MLS international window closes and we don't got a franchise name player, BMO is going to be cavernous even more next season. I don't know if MLSE, has put Spanish and Italian posters or something advertising TFC. Sometimes you gotta advertise to all ethnic groups to get more bums in the seats. It can only help TFC in the long run

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like there is more noise about Forlan once again. And while I do think he will do well for us, there better be more in this window in terms of other players and I don't mean the 35 year old Australian defender....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Seems like there is more noise about Forlan once again. And while I do think he will do well for us, there better be more in this window in terms of other players and I don't mean the 35 year old Australian defender....
    i dont mind an older former world class player, even if he gives u 2 good yrs as long as the team can sign these type of players on a consistant basis to replace them once their gone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That tweet is from the 8th of July

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for not elaborating... since the beginning TFC focused on marketing the team and selling tickets instead of finding proper talent and build a proper team. I agree that they needed to dump bad contracts and hope it makes an improvement but seven years of shuffling players has me hesitant to get excited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to win and start appealing to the soccer community in Toronto again. That will ultimately bring people back to the game and will keep them here.

Celebrity / focus on certain ethnic groups is pointless. City is too big and diverse to worry about any one group. This strategy is also selling more of a novelty than something sustainable. It's like MLS 1.0 with 'family night', free hot dogs and t-shirts

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    That tweet is from the 8th of July
    Its killing me that people are retweeting 2 week old crap.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Fine. Forlan didn't work out. Probably for the best.

This is what would make me happy: I hope Payne has the discipline to selll all this allocation back to one of the contenders, so that they can add DPs, in return for really terrific young domestic assets.

At the end of this, I want to see Silva more than replaced.

If they just buy whoever they can get, they are fools.
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Well, Lieweke's interview was pretty foolish. He was basically saying "TFC fans deserve a show pony" as an immediate reward. We don't want an immediate fucking reward, we want a good team. If NOT signing someone like Kaka will get us five potential MLS all-stars, I don't give a shit what their names are.

I wonder from the way Nelsen talked in that post-game whether he's on that same page; he seemed a little frustrated.
    Agreed on all accounts.

As I mentioned previously, I seriously hope Leiweke doesn't take TFC supporters for a bunch of fools. We will not be placated by a marquee player signing when a significant part of the current roster is still in shambles.

I have to say, I am thoroughly unimpressed with Leiweke's bold proclamations and arrogant demeanor thus far at the helm of MLSE. It will take more then planning Stanley Cup parade routes, removing photos of Maple Leaf legends at the ACC, and mismanaging the salary cap to sign an ill advised big name DP to get me excited as a Toronto sports fan.

To be honest, I would prefer a realistic, patient, methodical, down to earth approach with respect to building winning franchises in this town.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 07-22-2013 at 10:36 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, please, please don't just buy any player to placate the fans. I couldn't handle another cluster * like that in midway through year 7. If they have to let the window close and only get NASL transfers - then so be it. Please no more Robert, Ruiz, Iro, Hassli, Gerba, Mista, JDG, et al. mistakes.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heard payne and nelly are interested in Owen Coll. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Coll

would not want this signing to happen, Coll wants to return to playing professionally and payne and nelly are all ears
    Last edited by Morlesio14; 07-22-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A show pony puts fans in seats in Toronto and everywhere we play on the road and sells merchandise. I don't think this is a 'Good god we've got to please the supporters' situation anymore. It's still entirely possible that a show pony encourages better marginal players to sign in Toronto and that a combo of Laba and show pony + one more low end DP produces some better results and the playoffs next year. You just might have to be happy making the playoffs going the old buy someone shiny and hope they don't get injured route.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with people who say signing big DP wouldn't work to bring back fans. Just look how many people went to last game to watch Henry? I am sure you guys saw at least one person with Arsenal jersey.

Sometimes people here forget we're a minority of fanbase. Big name player will create a lot of buzz both on the field and off the field (media).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    heard payne and nelly are interested in Owen Coll. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Coll

would not want this signing to happen, Coll wants to return to playing professionally and payne and nelly are all ears
    LOL is this a joke?

No way in hell we should be signing an international who last played in the 7th division in England (if my counting serves me right) 9 years ago. This has to be a piss take...