Page 132 of 288 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 8618
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    There's no pleasing most people here eh? Lol when TFC talks and deals fall through, everybody is telling them to stfu. Now that they're not saying anything, everyone is begging for them to talk... Sheesh...
    I wish they'd just be consistent. Better for them not to give any hints of anything - if there are still hurdles to clear, as likely is the case in some of these deals, then don't say they're "imminent"! (or whatever phrase Nelsen or Payne may have used to suggest they were close). Just like don't say at the beginning of the season that this is a rebuilding year, and we're focusing on playoffs for 2014, then a couple months later, "oh, we're still in with a shot at the playoffs". The mixed messages are just maddening! (even though we all know here playoffs aren't happening, despite what Payne or Nelsen may say).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Denial

Anger

Depression

Bargaining

Acceptance

I think as far as next Saturday's game is concerned I skipped bargaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    The other guys are getting them, you know, good MLS teams which have good management. I just find it both predictable and amusing that whomever mlse hires each season or two to run TFC the same shit happens. Only in Toronto are pro sports fans mocked if they dont embrace these new guys and humble themselves in complete acquiescence. MLSE is the problem, it makes no difference who they hire cause that manager will be a yes man in the same mold as a cabinet minister in Harpers govt. Dale Lastman probably has more decision making authority than Payne or Lewicke, and he is a dimwit.
    OT, but Dale's actually pretty smart. Blaine's the dimwit. Not sure about the relative IQs of their half-brother, Kim, below or his brother Todd, nor am I sure that Lastman doesn't have another few dozen illegitimate kids running around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I'm on board - I think KP and RN are right for this club, and I do believe that we're in for much better things to come. However, most people who frequent the TFC games do not take the time to understand why things are happening the way that they are. To them it's just more defeats, more players in and out. So you and I will continue to go to the games, but we'll still hear people around town talk negatively around town, saying that KP promised this and that. RN isn't helping matters by talking about the play-offs a week before the complete collapse (did he honestly believe that, or was he just feeding us BS?). Credibility lost with the casuals, and they make up for the majority of the stadium. So that's why I'm saying to expect empty stands in the remaining games of the season.

The stadium will be packed when the 4 new guys arrive, if not i'll be there and i'll get the tickets cheap off of kijiji

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if anything happens Friday when do they announce a presser? The day after a potential loss to the other most dysfunctional team in the league?

Day of, hours before the game?
    In 10 minutes?
    ANYTHING!? Please?
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 07-16-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it doesn't really matter WHEN during this transfer window we get our reinforcements. They'll be too late to help rescue us from yet another bottom of the table situation. I was hoping we'd see new players last week, but now we're 16 points out of the play-offs - so maybe it's to our advantage to wait a bit and time the contracts when they're the cheapest before the window closes. That's probably what they're doing. Who knows anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VoxPopuliCosmicum View Post
    OT, but Dale's actually pretty smart. Blaine's the dimwit. Not sure about the relative IQs of their half-brother, Kim, below or his brother Todd, nor am I sure that Lastman doesn't have another few dozen illegitimate kids running around.

That is pretty funny. Perhaps Blaine, the one stuck with the dollar store o/a a furniture retailer is pressuring lawyer Dale to write into every TFC contract a clause stipulating one or two family members have to shlep freezers for a year without pay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be surprised if these signings show up at the last week of the window. TFC is looking for players from eveywhere around the world, and will look for the best possible deals now that they have some money.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Don't be surprised if these signings show up at the last week of the window. TFC is looking for players from eveywhere around the world, and will look for the best possible deals now that they have some money.
    This kills me. The good MLS organizations manage to recruit better players than we do, every year, notwithstanding money issues. If Forlan doesn't sign it won't be because mlse lacks money, it will be his response to spending a few minutes researching this teams pathetic record; has anybody here considered this as the principal reason few decent players come here? I am not trying to be the ever negative schmuck in the room, but I am having trouble finding one solid reason for not burning my scarves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This kills me. The good MLS organizations manage to recruit better players than we do, every year, notwithstanding money issues. If Forlan doesn't sign it won't be because mlse lacks money, it will be his response to spending a few minutes researching this teams pathetic record; has anybody here considered this as the principal reason few decent players come here? I am not trying to be the ever negative schmuck in the room, but I am having trouble finding one solid reason for not burning my scarves.
    I don't buy that the teams bad record has anything to do with players coming here or not. There are plenty of world class players who have gone to bad teams, or bottom of the table teams. Sometimes its just a new challenge, sometimes its that you will be guaranteed playing time, or that you will be a giant fish in a small pond and a need to be idolised by new people. There are many many different reasons to come to a club other than results or reputation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i understand being frustrated, i don't understand burning scarves.

TFC is my team - management, players, coaches etc. will come and go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exactly. The same reason why decent coaches don't want to come here.
    150 players in 6.5 years? I'm not a math professor or anything, but that's too f-ing much. Players, like supporters, want stability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I don't buy that the teams bad record has anything to do with players coming here or not. There are plenty of world class players who have gone to bad teams, or bottom of the table teams. Sometimes its just a new challenge, sometimes its that you will be guaranteed playing time, or that you will be a giant fish in a small pond and a need to be idolised by new people. There are many many different reasons to come to a club other than results or reputation.
    I agree with you, but I don't think Chevy was making a reference to results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i understand being frustrated, i don't understand burning scarves.

TFC is my team - management, players, coaches etc. will come and go.
    Lol I'm sure he didn't mean that literally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks, the window has been open a week. Put the pitchforks and torches down for a moment. The window still has a few weeks left. You'll get your reinforcements. I'm just not sure if you'll like them lol.

Remember, we were warned about no playoffs when they slashed ticket prices. No matter what is written in the media, keep your expectations super low for the remainder of this season....and anything else is just a bonus. It's like going to a really bad movie!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it's mostly because our FO, prior to now,tried to appease the fanbase by giving them what they wanted regardless of fit, need, or cost. Since most of the fans want to win now, you got attempts at that but it just didn't work and went against the concept of building a team. Then you tear it down and rebuild it as nauseum and here we are. Finally someone is in charge with a plan that doesn't give a shit if the forums are filled with rage over us not announcing any signings within the first 6 days of the window being open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instasuccess - This app should be made for the Toronto sport fan. This is what everyone craves and even though logic dictates that it will take time to see a plan through, the Toronto sport fan says yes lets follow that for 1 month.. and then.. Why is our team not winning games... ?!@?#!#!#!#?!?

Our team is crap, but we've got a new management group which will hopefully be given the ability to see their plan through. The only other person who had such foresight was Winter but he was quickly canned because of the impulsiveness that is Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am having trouble finding one solid reason for not burning my scarves.
    Don't know if any of these are valid for you, but:
    - they're worth money
    - they can keep you warm in the winter
    - they could keep someone else warm in the winter
    - fumes are probably toxic
    - bad for the environment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    But it's mostly because our FO, prior to now,tried to appease the fanbase by giving them what they wanted regardless of fit, need, or cost. Since most of the fans want to win now, you got attempts at that but it just didn't work and went against the concept of building a team. Then you tear it down and rebuild it as nauseum and here we are. Finally someone is in charge with a plan that doesn't give a shit if the forums are filled with rage over us not announcing any signings within the first 6 days of the window being open.
    I hope you are correct. By my reckoning, in order to be competitive we need;
    - one star quality striker
    - two creative attacking midfielders
    - two reliable defenders

If they somehow manage to pull this off the team will be able to compete for a playoff position. That is still a far cry from being a contender.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Don't know if any of these are valid for you, but:
    - they're worth money
    - they can keep you warm in the winter
    - they could keep someone else warm in the winter
    - fumes are probably toxic
    - bad for the environment

Well then, perhaps I will tie them together and climb out of my madhouse window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    Folks, the window has been open a week. Put the pitchforks and torches down for a moment. The window still has a few weeks left. You'll get your reinforcements. I'm just not sure if you'll like them lol.

Remember, we were warned about no playoffs when they slashed ticket prices. No matter what is written in the media, keep your expectations super low for the remainder of this season....and anything else is just a bonus. It's like going to a really bad movie!
    Sharknado was 1000 times more entertaining than this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I was much more patient in the first 5 years than I have been. Maybe I'm the minority here but I was patient for the Mojo/Carver build, the Preki squad, and the Dutch Initiative. I find all the talk from FO to be patient and this I for the long haul or about this season being a write off a bit like a book I've read before.

My patience is gone, I don't want to hear about how you are looking at players, call me when they're signed. Right now all I've seen is players getting shown the door. Maybe its my fault for sticking with the clubs "vision" while the majority just wanted change. THIS is the window that you will get your marquee DP, not in our off-season while most stars are playing. Don't go into the off-season with half a team. All the main pieces better be brought in during this window.

Arm up Leiweke!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More roster changes and marquee signing expected soon by Toronto FC

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/mls/story/?id=427864

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A CP article. Reads like Neil Davidson. I like his stuff. Confirms that O'Dea was an out of the blue request on the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Ecks and Frei are next. I'd rather keep Frei then Ecks TBH. Ecks may start looking at selling his home unless he can convince Payne and Lieweke that he'll take a massive paycut. I hope this is the last time TFC blows up the team. Payne and Lieweke must be wondering how TFC are not better than the Impact and Caps in there longer history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it ridiculous Justin Braun is getting 112k.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it ridiculous that Russell is over 100k
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I find it ridiculous Justin Braun is getting 112k.
    don't think braun is that bad of a contract; scoring a goal every other 90 minutes; not bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad Nelsen/Payne have the balls to make the hard decisions and get rid of players that are holding us back financially.

I think Braun will probably be gone next season if he doesn't agree to a serious pay cut. I think we brought him in because we didn't have any strikers on the roster at the time (apart from Koev)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I find it ridiculous that Russell is over 100k
    Totally agree even though he seems an upgrade in the middle over Hall, who at $80K is also approaching the ridiculous level.