Speculation
    Speculation

This is a good idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Maybe he should say that.

Imo Bostock is not a Cam, in my football philosophy he is an inexperienced winger or yet to be tested striker.

His awareness is not high enough to play that position successfully, and maybe thats part of the reason he is here.

And yes Tfco7 ofcourse thats what you meant.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne should try and sign Cleo. He's playing in the J League on loan from Guangzhou. He's younger, cheaper, and better than Gomez. 3 inches taller as well. Would be a great DP fit for TFC imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    That was sweet. He was pure class , a gentleman and our BEST crosser. He took on defenders constanty on the wing, very deceiving, and if he was so average then why did he shine against the mexicans so well. Mariner could not tell talent if it
    spoke to him from a beer stein.
    Soolsma did not leave due to lack of talent or any football related reason. It was off the pitch issues that led to him being shown the door and also why no other team in the league wanted to touch him despite his obvious talent.
    Houston was not the only incident for him, the club managed to keep the lid on others from a media perspective, but he had to go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    We're mostly speculating about if we could bring him back. I don't see how that's off topic in a transfer speculation thread. Maybe some stuff is irrelevant, but most seems on topic to me
    Maybe just the way I interpret this thread. I expect to read and write about realistic speculation in here. Bringing Soolsma back is not realistic speculation as far as I am concerned because it is not going to happen and could be better suited for the Past TFC Players thread is all I am saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Rowaan@soccercanada28mDaily Mail has Toronto and Vancouver both keeping an eye on soon to be out of contract Jermaine Pennant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jermaine_Pennant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ sounds like he has his share of problems. If we can't find another quality player he might be worth a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    David Rowaan@soccercanada28mDaily Mail has Toronto and Vancouver both keeping an eye on soon to be out of contract Jermaine Pennant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jermaine_Pennant
    Decent enough player, but this trend on focusing on British players worries me in terms of getting value for money under the cap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    ^ sounds like he has his share of problems. If we can't find another quality player he might be worth a look.
    Good player. Total dick sometimes, but a good player. Sort of like Bostock, except short and an out-and-out winger.

Someone mentioned above Bostock shouldn't play centrally; he's been a central midfielder his entire career, including when Captaining the England under 19s. If you talk to fans at Swindon, he obviously had personality issues with the coach, because he controlled games from the centre of the pitch. Perhaps it's just his defence is lacking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Park Ji-Sung rumoured to Toronto and Vancouver.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...get-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Decent enough player, but this trend on focusing on British players worries me in terms of getting value for money under the cap.
    We always seem to be wanting someone with a name, a player from the North of Ireland I thought played very well for NYRB on sat was Jonny Steele. Here's a player that has plied his trade over here for a few yrs, still young enough too at 27.We need to widen the search a bit and pick players like this up before other teams do. There is value out there, doesn't always have to be someone who we all know.I'd rather we were looking at picking up a hungry young mid in this mould who has proved he can play here, than an ageing player like Davies, albeit that horse has bolted........

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a few agents in England are mentioning us and Vancouver as bargaining chips; we seem to be the flavour of the week over there.
    I doubt any of these will come through, and frankly I don't think we want these players. There are quite a few decent players ending contracts in La Liga who will be cheaper and a better fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There are quite a few decent players ending contracts in La Liga who will be cheaper and a better fit.
    That's not a bad idea. Pretty much the entire league is bankrupt. Most of the best players will get snapped up by other European teams, but I'm sure there are some lesser players with good technical skills and football IQ who would be glad to come to MLS since it would mean that they would actually get paid.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was Payne who hinted at that on the weekend. "Good value" he said. He as much as said that we only got Laba because La Liga, the usual place for an Argentine to go to on his next step, can't afford the fees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    That's not a bad idea. Pretty much the entire league is bankrupt. Most of the best players will get snapped up by other European teams, but I'm sure there are some lesser players with good technical skills and football IQ who would be glad to come to MLS since it would mean that they would actually get paid.
    And hopefully those with the skill and IQ can actually be effective and consistent, unlike our other 2 who plied their trade in La Liga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having just gone through the Visa process myself, i'm not sure how viable Pennant would be. Surely he is criminally ineligible to even enter Canada?

That aside, he would be too much of a cap hit for not enough product. Doesn't exactly fit in with Nelson's Leadership and work ethic either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Rowaan@soccercanada4mBryce Alderson heading to Charleston Battery on loan. Hopefully he gets the much needed playing time there.

I thought this was a TFC Academy player but I'm just not sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    David Rowaan@soccercanada4mBryce Alderson heading to Charleston Battery on loan. Hopefully he gets the much needed playing time there.

I thought this was a TFC Academy player but I'm just not sure.
    Whitecaps player
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Park Jim sung still rumored, interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is Park Jim Sung? Is he any good?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Who is Park Jim Sung? Is he any good?

I hear he's the cousin of another TFC targeted defender Park De Bus...

Wonder if Park does sign for TFC, how much of a random Vancouver would want for his rights...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG Park De Bus! Best laugh today. Seriously we need to find a guy with this name put it on a jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I hear he's the cousin of another TFC targeted defender Park De Bus...

Wonder if Park does sign for TFC, how much of a random Vancouver would want for his rights...
    Well played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I can call up Ji right now if you want and see if he wants to come. I speak to Ji all the time and he has me on his speed dial if he ever wants to come to MLS.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...nt-park-ji-sun

CALL HIM RYAN! lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Pennant

In May 2010 Pennant became engaged to Lara Murphy and they have a son called Trey who was born in August 2010.The relationship ended with Lara Murphy when his son was a year old as he cheated on her with glamour model Alice Goodwin. In January 2011 Pennant's Porsche Turbo with his personal number plate was found abandoned at a railway station in Zaragoza with five months worth of parking tickets. Pennant claimed he had forgotten he owned the car. In April 2012 Pennant was arrested for drunk driving, driving while disqualified and without insurance after being involved in a traffic collision. The following month he was banned from driving for three years and given an eight-week jail sentence, suspended for a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    On Pennant
    I personally don't care about his off-field issues as long he can contribute on-field for us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Good player. Total dick sometimes, but a good player. Sort of like Bostock, except short and an out-and-out winger.

Someone mentioned above Bostock shouldn't play centrally; he's been a central midfielder his entire career, including when Captaining the England under 19s. If you talk to fans at Swindon, he obviously had personality issues with the coach, because he controlled games from the centre of the pitch. Perhaps it's just his defence is lacking.
    Di Canio actually liked Bostock so much that he offered to pay Bostock's wages from his own pocket to keep him at the club. Di Canio then had a big fught with the Swindon owners about money available for players. So, Bostock and Di Canio generally got on well. My father saw Bostock play against Oxford, playing as central attacking midfield, and he apparently had an excellent game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    I personally don't care about his off-field issues as long he can contribute on-field for us.
    Well it's hard to contribute on the field if you can't make it there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Off the field issues more often than not affect on the field performance. Pennant was one of the most talented English players of his generation and was tipped to be a huge star. His off the field antics killed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    On Pennant
    He was also under house arrest in England I recall - had the ankle bracelet and all. Supremely talented winger, never got it together due to his off field issues.