Page 257 of 288 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,710 of 8618
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This is so boring. I pine for the days of Forlan sightings at BMO.
    How embarrassing was that?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    How embarrassing was that?
    ...for the guy that actually roller bladed to BMO field and sat at the gate for like 30 minutes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    NBC seems to think the Eto talk is coming from the Galaxy

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2...ly-or-the-u-s/

Does this mean Donovan is not in their plans as a DP?
    General thought is that Donavon isn't interested in staying - he wants to leave the MLS and go overseas. Word is he became disgruntled when the MLS wasn't able to move to Everton permenantly after his second loan spell (and that's why he lost his passion for the game and took time off). The latter is speculation I've read in a few places the former is flying around all over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    ...for the guy that actually roller bladed to BMO field and sat at the gate for like 30 minutes?
    That guy shouldn't be embarassed, that guy was a god damn hero.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Agreed. He has become bit of legend around here. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David Moyes loves Landon. Might see him as a capable third wing option at united.

Fter years of watching him, I think he's good enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    David Moyes loves Landon. Might see him as a capable third wing option at united.

Fter years of watching him, I think he's good enough
    Do you think Landycakes would go somewhere he's not getting serious playing time?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think Landycakes would go somewhere he's not getting serious playing time?
    Other thing to consider, when he first went to Everton, he was 28, he is now 31. Everton manger then has gone, and not a chance Man utd would pursue him.
    To be honest I don't think he'll leave LA, he'll get what he is after from them and stay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Other thing to consider, when he first went to Everton, he was 28, he is now 31. Everton manger then has gone, and not a chance Man utd would pursue him.
    To be honest I don't think he'll leave LA, he'll get what he is after from them and stay
    I agree, his age and the leage he's coming from will reflect extremely poorly on Man Utd. Especially when it's a new man at the helm and each and every move is scrutinized. If they do indeed sell Rooney (which I doubt), then things might get interesting. Loan maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posturing after the Dempsey contract, that's all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    I agree, his age and the leage he's coming from will reflect extremely poorly on Man Utd. Especially when it's a new man at the helm and each and every move is scrutinized. If they do indeed sell Rooney (which I doubt), then things might get interesting. Loan maybe.

Loan for Utd, don't see it, too many players in those positions as it is. Currently their wingers are Nani, Valencia, Zaha, Young.
    Wellbeck, Kawaga, and Giggs can play wide if needed also, plus the preseason form means that Utd can even call on younsters Lingard and Januzaj for width if needed.
    If he were to go PL, I 'd say any teams bar the top 6 might take a look as a short term fix, but as I said earlier I think he'll stay once he gets his wishes at LA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everton manger then has gone, and not a chance Man utd would pursue him
    Everton manager then is Man Utd's manager now. That's why the connection. Moyes loves him, he's an effective premiership level player, as he's proven twice, and he'd be cheap relative to other options.

I can totally see it, assuming Landycakes is will to do spot duty. To play there? He would.

He'll also get some serious money offers from the UAE and China, I'd imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need a general chat thread. I like the conversations here but every time I think something new is happening with TFC player movement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think we need a general chat thread. I like the conversations here but every time I think something new is happening with TFC player movement.
    I second this!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    Loan for Utd, don't see it, too many players in those positions as it is. Currently their wingers are Nani, Valencia, Zaha, Young.
    Wellbeck, Kawaga, and Giggs can play wide if needed also, plus the preseason form means that Utd can even call on younsters Lingard and Januzaj for width if needed.
    If he were to go PL, I 'd say any teams bar the top 6 might take a look as a short term fix, but as I said earlier I think he'll stay once he gets his wishes at LA.
    Rooney only goes if they sign a big name replacement first (which would basically mean they land Bale or Ronaldo).

Don't think there would be an issue with Donavon being signed tbh. United fans know that signings of different levels are needed - and Donavon would still be a useful player in a position that needs depth. Wouldn't see it as a loan though - especially considering his contract is up in Jan, and he'd have to re-sign with LA then go on loan.

Wide area is an area that is considered weak right now - most fans think that area needs to be strengthened. Young is garbage, Valencia is one dimensional and looked awful last year. Zaha is a work in progress, and Nani is inconsistent and injury prone.

I could see Donanvon at United tbh. He is also well thought of in the EPL.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'Dea casts a bit more light on the nature of his leaving TFC:

“I got offered a longer term deal to stay in Toronto and when I say a longer deal, it would have made me one of, if not the, highest paid defender in the league. They were very serious. It wasn’t an off the cut, token gesture contract. They obviously wanted me to stay at the club but they knew, in reality, in terms of the league the contract was very good but in terms of my career and where I could go, it wasn’t very good,” concedes O’Dea.
    “I did everything I could to accommodate it and basically take a wage cut to stay for longer because I love the place and everything about the club. I had a huge affiliation with the fans and the players, everyone around the club I had strong feeling for, the city too.
    “I had to go. It was best for me, for them, just for everyone really. It didn’t maybe help the team in the short term but maybe it will in the long term. It will free up cap space. It’s a complex thing, the salary cap.
    “I left on very good terms. I kind of left it with an open door. I don’t know, you can’t predict anything in football but I wouldn’t be surprised if I ended up back there one day. It was left open and I have all the time in the world for Ryan Nelsen and Kevin Payne, the president.”

Taken from : http://theemeraldexiles.com/2013/08/...h-the-motions/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    O'Dea casts a bit more light on the nature of his leaving TFC:

“I got offered a longer term deal to stay in Toronto and when I say a longer deal, it would have made me one of, if not the, highest paid defender in the league. They were very serious. It wasn’t an off the cut, token gesture contract. They obviously wanted me to stay at the club but they knew, in reality, in terms of the league the contract was very good but in terms of my career and where I could go, it wasn’t very good,” concedes O’Dea.
    “I did everything I could to accommodate it and basically take a wage cut to stay for longer because I love the place and everything about the club. I had a huge affiliation with the fans and the players, everyone around the club I had strong feeling for, the city too.
    “I had to go. It was best for me, for them, just for everyone really. It didn’t maybe help the team in the short term but maybe it will in the long term. It will free up cap space. It’s a complex thing, the salary cap.
    “I left on very good terms. I kind of left it with an open door. I don’t know, you can’t predict anything in football but I wouldn’t be surprised if I ended up back there one day. It was left open and I have all the time in the world for Ryan Nelsen and Kevin Payne, the president.”

Taken from : http://theemeraldexiles.com/2013/08/...h-the-motions/
    must be the most flattering "tell-all" from a former TFC player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's refreshing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    must be the most flattering "tell-all" from a former TFC player.
    Good sign. Half the problem with our predecessor managers is we had poorly defined power struggles between weasels. We've either had "talented but naive" from the likes of Cummins, Carver and Winter or "devious but useless" in the form of Mo, Preki, and Shortpants McStupid.

These guys may take longer to get the football right (and there are worrying signs right now) but at least they're not alienating everyone.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It means his departure was handled in a professional and amicable manner, as is fitting when your captain is departing. Wow...TFC did something the right way!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I'm happy that we can release players in a professional manner, I'm more concerned with personnel moving in the opposite direction.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

While I'm happy that we can release players in a professional manner, I'm more concerned with personnel moving in the opposite direction.
    Obviously, but at the same time, positive comments about the atmosphere behind the scenes are certainly a breath of fresh air!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but one affects the other, so you have to start sometime. Hopefully it bodes well for incoming if they know they won't be exposed to the circus that has defined our club and player relationships.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was SlothARG, on July 17th...his first post!
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...they must have offered him a 3-4 year contract at around...what....300K? Tempting if you like the city but with only so many years of earning potential, I can see why he went back to the offer he had from the Ukraine.

Don't be surprised if Ecks has been offered a scaled down version of this too.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Stick around, @Abou Sky ; will have one up in a jiff.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd take O'Dea back in two years for $300k. Caldwell will probably be on his way out by then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently we've shown interest in Sam Collins from Hartlepool.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    Apparently we've shown interest in Sam Collins from Hartlepool.
    Why are you talking about TFC player moves & speculation in the TFC player moves & speculation thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He makes about 2.5 million per yr. I believe. I say why doesn't tfc try to sign him, he's a douche but not enough of one I'd have trouble cheering for if he was in TFC red. I don't think he's going anywhere overseas without a guarantee of playing time. If L.A. is unwilling to give him what he wants I think TFC could get him at about 4 million per year no problem if Forlan doesn't end up coming here that is.