Page 242 of 288 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,260 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    I can tell you that he is not in any airplane or on any Canadian soil at the moment.
    lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markie8002000 View Post
    Looks good. Deal verbally reached with MLS, not TFC, which means we must have MLS's blessing to go ahead with this. Seems in line with earlier reports that we're technically getting Urruti on a free, but in practice we're basically paying NOB $1 million to not sue us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like NOB tried to hold on to him for as long as they could, but something (or somebody) told them that they have no case. They decided to reach an agreement with MLS in order to get this deal done now, and not prolong the process while letting a court decide the outcome. Once this is officially done with MLS (im assuming some time tomorrow), Urruti will sign with TFC and be officially announced - lets hope this happens sooner than later
    In other news, there's another player in the works. next week should be interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad. Had to go look up the saying again myself, I've been using it so so wrong. "In" the book goes the signature, "On" the book goes the book cover.
    Anyways, I'm curious to see how soon till photos pop up of Tomorrow's training. They usually do a media scrum midweek right?
    Scrums yes. But Asif tweeted that he will be there to take Maxi pics. No shortage of proof tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cash and MLS flipping the bill for a preseason tour to hand over the ITC. Seems reasonable (actually getting some South American teams up to NA is a good idea). I guess we know who will be the opponent team at the MLS All Star game now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Statement from TFC today:

“We have been involved in a lengthy process for Maximiliano Urruti to join Toronto FC and Major League Soccer, and we hope that it will conclude by the end of the week. In the meantime, Maxi is in Toronto and he will train with the team. The club will provide no further comment at this time.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cross the t's, dot the i's and we're done. Awesome!

Assuming its official within the next few days, I wonder how soon he could start.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    ...I guess we know who will be the opponent team at the MLS All Star game now.
    Or they will get in on that 6 sided tournament that LAG is playing.

With a TV deal coming up soon, I would think MLS would go for somebody big again for the All Star Game. Barcelona?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Statement from TFC today:

“We have been involved in a lengthy process for Maximiliano Urruti to join Toronto FC and Major League Soccer, and we hope that it will conclude by the end of the week. In the meantime, Maxi is in Toronto and he will train with the team. The club will provide no further comment at this time.”
    You're not a true F5 warrior.
    (NOBODY DARE STEAL MY TSHIRT IDEA!!!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markie8002000 View Post
    Why does the contract need court approval, this situation is one of the strangest I have ever seen.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Or they will get in on that 6 sided tournament that LAG is playing.

With a TV deal coming up soon, I would think MLS would go for somebody big again for the All Star Game. Barcelona?
    Yeah I thought about that, they would be a good ICC team. NOB would be a big draw, especially in Miami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are looking at around two mil for the deal apparently.

Edit: After the Dempsey fiasco, pretty decent cash in comparison for the quality and age we're getting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: After the Dempsey fiasco, pretty decent cash in comparison for the quality and age we're getting.
    As long as the amortized transfer fee plus salary doesn't take him into DP territory, we're ok I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get this deal at all. Are we not doing a favour to NOB by paying a fee? Did they miss a payment to Maxi? Is he not a free agent because of that? So many questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds legit. Strikers are much expensive than defensivemen generally (in comparison to Laba)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I don't get this deal at all. Are we not doing a favour to NOB by paying a fee? Did they miss a payment to Maxi? Is he not a free agent because of that? So many questions.
    Maxi is a free agent, but I'm sure NOB own his "formation" and "training" rights that he was brough up through the youth academy, so they want money on that. I think TFC paid more than NOB requested to not piss off thr rest of th AFA teams. Newells are a pretty big club. If they were crying foul, I'm sure Boca, River, Independiente, and Estudiantes were paying lotsa attention to way TFC was handling business with them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    As long as the amortized transfer fee plus salary doesn't take him into DP territory, we're ok I think.
    From what I understand, it won't be considered or seen as a transfer fee, thus will not reflect the player's salary. This amount (whatever it is) will be considered a settlement in order for NOB to not prolong this matter and turn it into a lengthy lawsuit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    Maxi is a free agent, but I'm sure NOB own his "formation" and "training" rights that he was brough up through the youth academy, so they want money on that. I think TFC paid more than NOB requested to not piss off thr rest of th AFA teams. Newells are a pretty big club. If they were crying foul, I'm sure Boca, River, Independiente, and Estudiantes were paying lotsa attention to way TFC was handling business with them
    Interesting points. Could it not have also meant a delay in the "transfer" actually taking place? Who knows how long FIFA would take to make a final decision on the matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    How accurate are the transfermarkt monetary valuations of players? Based on those, his value is close to Landon Donovan's and miles ahead of any other roster member. therefore I'd be shocked if, next year at least, he wasn't a young DP.

Not sure how MLS can tack on a transfer fee outside of their own window. What am I saying....
    Last edited by Haddy; 08-13-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    According to Kurt Larson and John Molinaro Maximiliano Urruti is pretty much done:

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro Nelsen said deal with Argentine DP is "virtually done." #tfc

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...08925352996864

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN Nelsen says new signing virtually done. #TFC

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/statu...08758453252096
    This post was on page 10 of this thread. Hard to believe +230 pages later it finally seems like it is a sure thing! (and yet, still isn't official).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    This post was on page 10 of this thread. Hard to believe +200 pages later it finally seems like it is a sure thing! lol.
    Just the reason I won't believe it until I see him with a jersey on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Would be so like TFC if after all this, he turns out to be a dud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    From what I understand, it won't be considered or seen as a transfer fee, thus will not reflect the player's salary. This amount (whatever it is) will be considered a settlement in order for NOB to not prolong this matter and turn it into a lengthy lawsuit.
    Sounds logical!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that this deal didn't die back in May says something about the likelihood of it being completed. Toronto never gave up, and good on them. I hope Urruti is a success here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't get excited until he plays a game in a TFC jersey. After all, I learned that lesson the hard way when CP3 didn't end up being a Laker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If everything comes together (which it should), this will be a great signing. Too happy that he's in Toronto now!!! Hopefully we get to see him in the Columbus game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only our wee club would get dragged through this, typical TFC luck. Without a doubt this is the strangest transfer saga I have ever followed in all my years watching footie. I have never heard of a training camp deal being part of a transfer ever. On one side we have the two clubs embroiled in a semi-legal battle over a disputed player's status and on the other side of the same coin the two clubs are trying to cross promote and form some sort of working relationship by hosting a co-training event... WTF? I hope we hear the whole story one day... On the other side of things, I think that if all of this mess turns out and Urruti is a dynamite player, this saga and the fact that we got him could be a fairly major turning point in club history. And now we get to move on to the next player type dude next week! Yay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say next year keep weadaman get rid of braun and give keov brauns salary. We should be in a wicked position to do damage to other teams next season

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    I say next year keep weadaman get rid of braun and give keov brauns salary. We should be in a wicked position to do damage to other teams next season

No chance in hell that Koev's accepts a low salary.
    He'll either head back to Holland and play out his twilight with a dutch team or he'll retire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Following up on an earlier Franco di Santo rumour...

Seems he's close to a four year deal with Werder Bremen.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/we...9336.bild.html