Page 241 of 288 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,230 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Would never work. ESPECIALLY because she tweeted something like "I work there, I know"
    Ok well if she said that then she put her self into a corner, otherwise she had a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    P.S - Urruti sale mentioned by the commentator on the NOB Vs Bocas match on Sportsworld. Didn't mention TFC, just the sale.
    Entertaining first half to boot. Awesome goal from Daniel Diaz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is everyone's infatuation with Urruti because we might finally be getting someone big through the door? Because he is an incredible player? Or because of the promises KP made and the built-up hype around him? I can tell you that he is not in any airplane or on any Canadian soil at the moment. You guys will call bloody murder if you knew what was holding this deal up. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Not being debbie downer here though, TFC have been hunting poor Maxi for ages. I have not heard anything new for a few days now myself so anything's possible baby! I take silence as gold.

I'm actually more positive on the other player they have on the books, now HIM I've seen play and he's a keeper (not the goal kind). Unfortunately no pen-to-paper on that one either but Nelsen loves this boy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is like the lingerie section of a Sears catalogue to a 12 year old boy in the 90s. It gets you all riled up and hopeful, but no matter how hard you squint, or how you turn the page, you can't be sure if you saw nipple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    Is everyone's infatuation with Urruti because we might finally be getting someone big through the door? Because he is an incredible player? Or because of the promises KP made and the built-up hype around him? I can tell you that he is not in any airplane or on any Canadian soil at the moment. You guys will call bloody murder if you knew what was holding this deal up. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Not being debbie downer here though, TFC have been hunting poor Maxi for ages. I have not heard anything new for a few days now myself so anything's possible baby! I take silence as gold.

I'm actually more positive on the other player they have on the books, now HIM I've seen play and he's a keeper (not the goal kind). Unfortunately no pen-to-paper on that one either but Nelsen loves this boy.
    I'd like to believe you, but you keep contradicting yourself.

You're sure he's not here. But you haven't heard anything lately, so maybe he is? A different player is on the books. But he hasn't actually signed so he's not really on the books.

Teases like you ruined my teens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official word: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/08/maximiliano-urruti-toronto

“We have been involved in a lengthy process for Maximiliano Urruti to join Toronto FC and Major League Soccer, and we hope that it will conclude by the end of the week. In the meantime, Maxi is in Toronto and he will train with the team. The club will provide no further comment at this time.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hell yeah glad to hear that he is here in Toronto and training with TFC and not getting a sex change in Bangkok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    beat me to the punch. Things just got serious now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    hell yeah glad to hear that he is here in Toronto and training with TFC and not getting a sex change in Bangkok
    I got a warning, so expect one too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ So they're still working on a contract but he's here to train? Scrums will be lukewarm tomorrow. Lordy, just make the media's job easy for once on this topic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is everyone's infatuation with Urruti because we might finally be getting someone big through the door? Because he is an incredible player? Or because of the promises KP made and the built-up hype around him?
    I like how he looks and how it would work with how we seem to be playing. He's young, he can head the ball, he can run and he has a good first touch.

I can tell you that he is not in any airplane or on any Canadian soil at the moment. You guys will call bloody murder if you knew what was holding this deal up.
    I hate when you say things like that. Adds to the roller coaster feeling.

EDIT: Just saw the news that he is here. Time for the tilter whirl.

BTW, if Cochrane screws this one up....

Not being debbie downer here though, TFC have been hunting poor Maxi for ages. I have not heard anything new for a few days now myself so anything's possible baby! I take silence as gold. I'm actually more positive on the other player they have on the books, now HIM I've seen play and he's a keeper (not the goal kind). Unfortunately no pen-to-paper on that one either but Nelsen loves this boy.
    By mean on the books, do you mean TFC is looking at or that NOB has on their books?
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 08-13-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part about hoping to conclude it is a little unsettling

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maximiliano Urruti In Toronto

Toronto FC confirmed Tuesday that Argentine striker Maximiliano Urruti is in Toronto and the Reds are working to secure his services. The club released the following statement on Tuesday evening:
    “We have been involved in a lengthy process for Maximiliano Urruti to join Toronto FC and Major League Soccer, and we hope that it will conclude by the end of the week. In the meantime, Maxi is in Toronto and he will train with the team. The club will provide no further comment at this time.”

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time a message of this nature was released? They probably just saw the last few pages of this thread and pitied us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, ok.

its a strange chapter in the saga.

He's here, but...
    Last edited by Marc"2L"; 08-13-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the love of god get him signed. He's even training with us? If we don't sign him it's the embarrassment of the century.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad Urruti is in TFC. I think they're waiting for his Letter of transfer that NOB hasn't given TFc yet, hence the working on final details. He wouldn't have made the trip if he didn't sign the contract already. Its common for South American players to sign with a team while awaiting there transfer papers. NOB and TFC are finalizing the details of the monetary compensation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    I'd like to believe you, but you keep contradicting yourself.

You're sure he's not here. But you haven't heard anything lately, so maybe he is? A different player is on the books. But he hasn't actually signed so he's not really on the books.

Teases like you ruined my teens.
    Not at all, I did not know he was in the city, last update I got was on Sunday. Something changed yesterday because he was an absolute no-show otherwise (legally he could not come here on any grounds).
    I meant "on the books" not as in signed but someone who we can sign without any Urruti-like complications. That's why I said I was more positive on him instead. As you can see, Urruti still has not signed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all, I did not know he was in the city, last update I got was on Sunday. Something changed yesterday because he was an absolute no-show otherwise (legally he could not come here on any grounds).
    I meant "on the books" not as in signed but someone who we can sign without any Urruti-like complications. That's why I said I was more positive on him instead. As you can see, Urruti still has not signed.
    Got it. Your wording had me cross-eyed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    Got it. Your wording had me cross-eyed.
    My bad. Had to go look up the saying again myself, I've been using it so so wrong. "In" the book goes the signature, "On" the book goes the book cover.
    Anyways, I'm curious to see how soon till photos pop up of Tomorrow's training. They usually do a media scrum midweek right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bad. Had to go look up the saying again myself, I've been using it so so wrong. "In" the book goes the signature, "On" the book goes the book cover.
    Anyways, I'm curious to see how soon till photos pop up of Tomorrow's training. They usually do a media scrum midweek right?
    Sorry just quoting you to ask a question: with what you know was getting him over here the last major hurdle? will getting his contract actually done and signed be an issue at all or are they just waiting for paper work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they are releasing official statements about him and he is here they obviously have a deal struck with Newells.

Now they prob have to hash out the contract terms and medical. Maxi holding a jersey on Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys will call bloody murder if you knew what was holding this deal up. Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
    This is what most interests me. Curious to see if the reason ever comes out should things fall through and Urruti fly back to NOB...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Sorry just quoting you to ask a question: with what you know was getting him over here the last major hurdle? will getting his contract actually done and signed be an issue at all or are they just waiting for paper work?
    Reeeeally can't talk about any new potential contract at the moment. It will make for good reading later if all goes well. What I can say is that Newell's have very unique contract "clauses" on local boys they have brought up from the Academy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post

haha! I would not be surprised if this was a clever way for MLSE to skirt around some rules when "acquiring" Urruti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reeeeally can't talk about any new potential contract at the moment. It will make for good reading later if all goes well. What I can say is that Newell's have very unique contract "clauses" on local boys they have brought up from the Academy.

Almighty Wikipedia says he joined when he was 19. Hopefully it doesn't affect him or you're just blowing smoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Almighty Wikipedia says he joined when he was 19. Hopefully it doesn't affect him or you're just blowing smoke.
    He joined the first team in 2011. He was in the academy for about two years before that, 18 I believe.

Edit: Ill combine this here. No need for my double post.
    http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/13...-toronto-hotel
    Last edited by Corpand; 08-13-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)