Page 72 of 288 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farewell John Bostock, his play in the reserves game vs Columbus was his last chance after all. He did not impress in the middle of the pitch that day.http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/05...placed-waivers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its a shame he's going. I think we never really saw his full potential here and would've liked at least one game to see him in his natural position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we saw how we would be playing in any position. Definitely has a lot of skill, but I can see as many reasons to get rid of him as keep him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess this means Danny K has been added back to roster. I guess next week Danny K will make an appearance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Technically gifted played but has failed to apply his talent everywhere he has been. Regardless of being played out wide you expect nothing less than 100% from a professional footballer. He didn't earn an opportunity in the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Relja View Post
    I think its a shame he's going. I think we never really saw his full potential here and would've liked at least one game to see him in his natural position.
    Once I read he was gone, I was going to post this word for word.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not surprising. Califf, Frei, Ecks, Dunfield, and maybe Russell will soon be gone too. Followed by the rest of the temps: Hogan, Brockie, and probably Earny. I feel like the only people safe from the summer window are Bendik, Boss, Silva, Caldwell and Laba... Maybe O'Dea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As bad as we are and we still couldn't give this guy one measly game at CAM? Ok.

That's my only problem with this move. Otherwise, expected, and Ephraim will probably join him pretty soon.

Bostock seems to have a history of good debuts going off his wikipedia, but he's never been able to stick to a club. Too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEnglish View Post
    He didn't earn an opportunity in the middle.
    Neither did Ephraim and he got 4 or so starts there. I'd feel a little hard done by if I were Bostock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Relja View Post
    I'd like to think that they saw enough of his 'full potential' at training.

Please excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain how you can waive a player that only had his loan expire? My assumption is that when the loan is done...you don't have any rights to that player. So how can you waive him? Or is 'release' a better word? Again, I know nothing.

Edit: Was the loan cut short?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't feel bad for the guy... They need the stop for koef, who else would they waive? He was first on the list since he is on loan and would always come before hogan due to the fact that hogan has QPR ties. Bostock was brought in to fill roster space and give temporary relief, which is what he did.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He also had a really obvious habit of looking for fouls and sympathy; would be ok if he didn't do that also in scrimmages and reserve play.

Remember, this is the guy who was pointedly, during a scrimmage seen by the press, allowed to stay on the ground when he was claiming injury.

Which is funny because the rest of the team now has that reputation within MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He also had a really obvious habit of looking for fouls and sympathy; would be ok if he didn't do that also in scrimmages and reserve play.

Remember, this is the guy who was pointedly, during a scrimmage seen by the press, allowed to stay on the ground when he was claiming injury.

Which is funny because the rest of the team now has that reputation within MLS.
    Meh, was worth the try considering he cemented the only win of 2013 before going on to do not much of anything. I don't think we have a reputation for diving, everyone complains about opposition diving it's kind of a full circle thing. But yes Bostock was very flamboyant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to the forum. Lots of talk coming in from Korea about Park Ji Sung possibly signing with TFC. Cant see it happening. Nonetheless, he would be a great signing for any MLS side. Plus with Ryan Nelson as the gaffer there may be something in it.
    Last edited by mikeybhoy; 05-24-2013 at 11:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    As bad as we are and we still couldn't give this guy one measly game at CAM? Ok.

That's my only problem with this move. Otherwise, expected, and Ephraim will probably join him pretty soon.

Bostock seems to have a history of good debuts going off his wikipedia, but he's never been able to stick to a club. Too bad.
    Bostock would be a liability in AM playing in this team. His lack of football intelligence was evident out wide, that would only be further exposed in the middle. Far too often Bostock would fail to get his head up and look for a pass, try to take on an extra defender and lose the ball or fail to spot the easy option leading to loss of possession. There was style with a couple of flashy Maradona turns but ultimately no substance.
    We witnessed a few moments of creativity from Bostock in his interchanging role with Ephriam vs KC, but in a team that struggles to retain possession an inconsistent variable in the middle like Bostock is an option we can not afford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEnglish View Post
    Bostock would be a liability in AM playing in this team. His lack of football intelligence was evident out wide, that would only be further exposed in the middle. Far too often Bostock would fail to get his head up and look for a pass, try to take on an extra defender and lose the ball or fail to spot the easy option leading to loss of possession. There was style with a couple of flashy Maradona turns but ultimately no substance.
    We witnessed a few moments of creativity from Bostock in his interchanging role with Ephriam vs KC, but in a team that struggles to retain possession an inconsistent variable in the middle like Bostock is an option we can not afford.
    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him in his natural position. Who knows how he would've done... just look at how Hall has suddenly become a decent player now that he's at DM/CM instead of RB. Before this season nobody would have defended Hall's football intelligence, and now, moved to a position which arguably requires more than RB, he seems to have a decent amount.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him in his natural position. Who knows how he would've done... just look at how Hall has suddenly become a decent player now that he's at DM/CM instead of RB. Before this season nobody would have defended Hall's football intelligence, and now, moved to a position which arguably requires more than RB, he seems to have a decent amount.
    I think Bostock needed to absolutely excel overall while on loan (= trial) to even have a chance. It seems he just didn't do that. Including things like training, attitude on & off the pitch, consistency, etc. Bostock takes an international spot. Probably he would want a significant amount of money to sign longer. Consider they have Silva as AM who is domestic, already looks better overall, looks to have a better attitude. Consider that they want to hire a DP AM. Consider they also want to have Osorio grow into that spot.

They need to clear roster & international spots for Koevermanns & some summer signings. Bostock was the next most logical choice for them. (Hall is a DM so I'm not comparing him with Bostock directly, but he apparently has a great attitude, is playing a position where they definitely still need cover -- plus he's domestic & pretty cheap long-term, so he doesn't have to meet the standards that Bostock has to meet -- but yes he's improved and really grown into the DM position.)
    Last edited by Auzzy; 05-25-2013 at 03:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were to venture a guess about Bostock.... Based on performance multiple people could be dropped for him right now in the starting lineup (nobody is doing that well). So maybe they are looking at the big picture and saying he might be better than what we have, but doesn't do what the coaching staff wants (ie track back defensively), and won't be a value for the money , so better to give the time to others who can prove themselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always really wanted to like Bostock, but really, Silva, Laba, and Hall are all better central midfielders than him. I wouldn't drop any of those 3 for him. so, that only leaves him playing out of position, which we all agree doesn't work. Ephraim may not have the individual skill of bostock, but his overall play has generally been much better, so Ephraim stays a while longer and Bostock can go. It's kind of unfortunate. It will be interesting to see where Bostock goes with his career from now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybhoy View Post
    New to the forum. Lots of talk coming in from Korea about Park Ji Sung possibly signing with TFC. Cant see it happening. Nonetheless, he would be a great signing for any MLS side. Plus with Ryan Nelson as the gaffer there may be something in it.
    Welcome aboard! Don't let the atmosphere in here discourage you. We're all pretty passionate about where we want this club to go, but we all have different ideas of how to get there.

Oh yeah, Bostock. I hope this serves as a wake-up call with him. To be cut by a last-place MLS team has to have him questioning his competency. I hope it lights a fire under him whereever he ends up next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I think Bostock needed to absolutely excel overall while on loan (= trial) to even have a chance. It seems he just didn't do that. Including things like training, attitude on & off the pitch, consistency, etc. Bostock takes an international spot. Probably he would want a significant amount of money to sign longer. Consider they have Silva as AM who is domestic, already looks better overall, looks to have a better attitude. Consider that they want to hire a DP AM. Consider they also want to have Osorio grow into that spot.

They need to clear roster & international spots for Koevermanns & some summer signings. Bostock was the next most logical choice for them. (Hall is a DM so I'm not comparing him with Bostock directly, but he apparently has a great attitude, is playing a position where they definitely still need cover -- plus he's domestic & pretty cheap long-term, so he doesn't have to meet the standards that Bostock has to meet -- but yes he's improved and really grown into the DM position.)
    All good points. And again, I'd have probably waived him myself. I just question whether we gave him as best an opportunity as we could for him to show us what he can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybhoy View Post
    Personally as a Korean National team supporter, this would be huge. And I do believe he has the qualities to become a star player in any MLS team despite his latest poor season.

On the other hand, his salary is going to be enormous (I think around $6.5 million-ish currently) so unless he decides to take a huge pay cut...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SoccerByIves: Those asking about Dan Califf's absence from TFC bench, I've heard Philly is in talks to bring him back. Based on tonight, they can use him.

Wonder what the return would be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    @SoccerByIves: Those asking about Dan Califf's absence from TFC bench, I've heard Philly is in talks to bring him back. Based on tonight, they can use him.

Prob intl spot or spots, union have 4 open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post

matt Kassel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

International spot would be good especially if we're bringing in someone in the transfer window. God we better be bringing in something. Id almost go so far as saying if Lambe even touches the pitch during a game again ill be calling for Nelsens head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another game down the tubes with no wide threats on the roster. Are we going to have to watch an entire season with Reggie Lambe on the RW?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why cant we go with a 4-5-1?

----------------------Bendik---------------------
    -------------------------------------------------
    Richter------Caldwell--------O'Dea--------Morgan
    ----------------------Laba----------------------
    Hall-----------Silva----------Ephraim------Brockie
    --------------------Earnshaw--------------------

or even a 5-3-2?

----------------------Bendik---------------------
    ---------Henry------Caldwell--------O'Dea-------
    Hall---------Silva------Laba----Ephraim----Morgan
    ---------------Lambe------Earnshaw-------------

*The point is to prevent them from scoring right? So why wouldnt you want to help out your rookie goalkeeper?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure i like..... but how about Frei? give him a shot. We all know what hes capable of.