Page 199 of 288 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,970 of 8618
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    I just read that. Seems NOB issued a letter to the CSA to intervene on the contract. ..
    Like the CSA is going to go toe to toe with Garber and MLSE over a player from Argentina who wasn't paid..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think part of the problem is TL told the fans of his grand plans for TFC. Stadium improvements, marquee DPs, and gave an immediate timeline. We're all reading far too much into this Dempsey move. I don't feel he is the marquee name the club is looking for. But since we have yet to make that splash we've been promised, everyone's getting a bit impatient.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I think part of the problem is TL told the fans of his grand plans for TFC. Stadium improvements, marquee DPs, and gave an immediate timeline. We're all reading far too much into this Dempsey move. I don't feel he is the marquee name the club is looking for. But since we have yet to make that splash we've been promised, everyone's getting a bit impatient.
    He scored seven goals with Tottenham. Forlan is a better player. Sign Forlan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    How much interest did we really have in Dempsey? A little feigned interest can gain concessions sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He scored seven in league play, not total. He was their top scorer (or second, I forget) per minutes on the pitch at a point every 118.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems Urruti will arrive in Toronto tomorrow:

Mundo Newells ‏@Mundonewells 6m #urruti viaja mañana a arrgelar su situación con el Toronto FC

Does anyone know someone who is at the special dinner tonight between TFC and AS Roma. Kevin Payne is there and someone could get info from him. It's a Liberty Group.

https://twitter.com/LibertyGroup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping these fuckers were just going to take their pile of money and let Urruti go. Instead they are going to lock his ITC in the vault and let the lawyers sort it out. Nothing ever goes our way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What time does the transfer window "slam shut" at on Thursday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure the marquee DP signing that TFC makes will be of higher stature than Clint Dempsey.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    I was hoping these fuckers were just going to take their pile of money and let Urruti go. Instead they are going to lock his ITC in the vault and let the lawyers sort it out. Nothing ever goes our way.
    They don't have that much control of people. Like I said earlier, Urruti is excercising his right to become a free agent after he wasn't paid, and NOB is pissed - they're just making noise to appear like the victims.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    They don't have that much control of people. Like I said earlier, Urruti is excercising his right to become a free agent after he wasn't paid, and NOB is pissed - they're just making noise to appear like the victims.

Well, I'm going to go ahead assume we have much, much better lawyers than they do, and that you're right.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there was a case with Martin Rivero who was in similar situation as Urruti and his former club was causing interference for him to sign with Colorado. MLS FO intervened and got FIFA to ok Rivero's transfer to Colorado.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    there was a case with Martin Rivero who was in similar situation as Urruti and his former club was causing interference for him to sign with Colorado. MLS FO intervened and got FIFA to ok Rivero's transfer to Colorado.
    The same will theoretically happen here. FIFA will see that they missed a payment, and ok the transfer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NOB just sent out a release....

In recent days, different versions have been released regarding the cases of Santiago Urruti Vergini and Maximilian, in relation to its links with the Club Atletico Newell's Old Boys.In that sense, the Club considers it appropriate to report that Santiago Vergini decided not to continue playing in Newell's for strictly personal reasons. The Steering Committee formalized the corresponding proposals to acquire the player's economic rights, exercising the purchase option in a timely manner, with the resources to do so. It is important to remember that when it was decided to renew the loan of Vergini before the season 2012/13, Newell's did not complete the purchase of the pass to use the resources in other players who nested on campus and many results gave the Club. Also Newell's could perform these operations despite tax problems that keeps the player with the club Vergini Phoenix, of Uruguay.
    As Maximilian Urruti, the player has in force a contract which subtracts a year of compliance. There is no debt of any kind or with club Urruti or the Sacred Heart. The institution believes that the player is missing its contractual obligation and must report to work under the orders of Major League coaching staff. Should this not happen, Newell's Old Boys will exercise appropriate legal mechanisms to defend their rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Everyone's forgetting that Garber gave us Payne. I'd much rather have Payne than Dempsey (if Dempsey would even be willing to come to a TFC run by Mariner/Anselmi)
    I'm kinda wondering if DC getting Silva is partially payback for us getting Payne...nothing in this league is straight forward

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose it is irelevant now, with a few days before the curtain closes the team will probably give us the customary nothing but excuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He scored seven in league play, not total. He was their top scorer (or second, I forget) per minutes on the pitch at a point every 118.
    I really like Clint Dempsey but he was a bit part with Spurs last year. Didn't get a lot of minutes. I can understand why he wasn't in AVB's plans.

I would love him at TFC though. But his value was no doubt way higher in Seattle than Toronto. He wasn't the DP that would get Toronto football fans in the seats. Great player but not the fit for us. I'm very much looking forward to watching him on Saturday though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He was third in goals I believe behind bale and one other I cant think of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since mls paid for Dempsey transfer maybe they are going to pay forlan transfer fee for us after this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    He was third in goals I believe behind bale and one other I cant think of.
    Defoe I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Defoe I think.
    Defoe or adebayor.
    Last edited by habstfc; 08-05-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markie8002000 View Post

In recent days, different versions have been released regarding the cases of Santiago Urruti Vergini and Maximilian, in relation to its links with the Club Atletico Newell's Old Boys.In that sense, the Club considers it appropriate to report that Santiago Vergini decided not to continue playing in Newell's for strictly personal reasons. The Steering Committee formalized the corresponding proposals to acquire the player's economic rights, exercising the purchase option in a timely manner, with the resources to do so. It is important to remember that when it was decided to renew the loan of Vergini before the season 2012/13, Newell's did not complete the purchase of the pass to use the resources in other players who nested on campus and many results gave the Club. Also Newell's could perform these operations despite tax problems that keeps the player with the club Vergini Phoenix, of Uruguay.
    As Maximilian Urruti, the player has in force a contract which subtracts a year of compliance. There is no debt of any kind or with club Urruti or the Sacred Heart. The institution believes that the player is missing its contractual obligation and must report to work under the orders of Major League coaching staff. Should this not happen, Newell's Old Boys will exercise appropriate legal mechanisms to defend their rights.
    Wtf did they just say?? I need google translator for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habstfc View Post
    Since mls paid for Dempsey transfer maybe they are going to pay forlan transfer fee for us after this year.
    Why would they? Forlan's contract runs until June. Get him on a free instead. A transfer fee could get him, or any player in a similar situation, out earlier but at a very reduced price.

One comment on the Dempsey stuff. I'm actually surprised and a bit impressed he even wanted to come here - but at least I know MLS is willing to spend some of those expansion fees it has been hoarding.

...it's my birthday on Wednesday. Sign me a great player and make sure he's flippin' gift-wrapped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    Why would they? Forlan's contract runs until June. Get him on a free instead. A transfer fee could get him, or any player in a similar situation, out earlier but at a very reduced price.

One comment on the Dempsey stuff. I'm actually surprised and a bit impressed he even wanted to come here - but at least I know MLS is willing to spend some of those expansion fees it has been hoarding.

...it's my birthday on Wednesday. Sign me a great player and make sure he's flippin' gift-wrapped.
    If TFC are truly interested in forlan I don't think they are going to wait til half way through next season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wtf did they just say?? I need google translator for this.
    Foreign languages are shit, eh?

I mean, even after you run them through Google Translator they still don't make any sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I got from that is yaddy yaddy blah blah blah Urruti better show up or we'll send him a letter stating how mad we are blah blah. Give him refugee status and call it a day.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the popcorn ready. Fun week ahead!
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ another F5 week ahead of us?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markie8002000 View Post

Google translate is garbage...

"En cuanto a Maximiliano Urruti, el jugador tiene vigente un contrato laboral al cual le resta un año de cumplimiento. No existe deuda de ningún tipo ni con Urruti ni con el club Sagrado Corazón. La institución considera que el futbolista está faltando a su obligación contractual y que debe presentarse a trabajar bajo la órdenes del cuerpo técnico de primera división. En caso que esto no sucediera, Newell's Old Boys ejercerá los mecanismos legales correspondientes para defender sus derechos."

Therefore, regarding Maximiliano Urruti, the player has a currently labour contract, in which the terms state he has one year to complete. There doesn't exist any debt of any kind, not to Urruti, nor his club Sagrado Corazon. The institution considers that the player is failing his contractual obligations and he should present himself to work under the order of the club staff. In case, this doesn't succeed. Newell's Old Boys will execute it's legal mechanisms corresponding its defense of its rights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Get the popcorn ready. Fun week ahead!
    Speculation? Or informed suggestion?