Page 249 of 288 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,470 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC is doing everything humanly possible to get Urruti signed and ready for Saturday (although likely won't be a starter). It's all about paper work and NOB at this point. Fingers crossed. I'd like to see him for a bit on Saturday as a late sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I think TFC is doing everything humanly possible to get Urruti signed and ready for Saturday (although likely won't be a starter). It's all about paper work and NOB at this point. Fingers crossed. I'd like to see him for a bit on Saturday as a late sub.
    And the Argentinian courts that over see clubs in administration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I saw Urruti in practice today. Sad to say didn't look very impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he struggle with some of the physicality in training today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didnt have very good touch. He said he was fatigued because it was last minute and had to fly economy. Looks like he will tear it up from his highlight reel though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    And the Argentinian courts that over see clubs in administration.
    I think everyone will be surprised at the substantial role MLS is playing in all of this. Let's just be thankful that Payne sits in a swanky executive chair for the MLS board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TimDrodgeba View Post
    Didnt have very good touch. He said he was fatigued because it was last minute and had to fly economy. Looks like he will tear it up from his highlight reel though.
    Seriously, was MLSE, that cheap not to fly him in 1st class?? I'd honestly expect him at least 3-4 games to get settled in with the squad and city. Don't know how good his English, but somebody should tell him north york is where most latinos hang out for shopping and groceries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oso has been helping out with Laba and other latinos.

If this was hockey Harper would be on the phone directly negotiating with Argentina prime minister. Does any one know people in Canadian embassy in Buenos Aires?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicPig View Post
    There is no denying Silva's ability as it is, he's a solid MLS starter on half the teams in the league, but looking at what he should've been by now, he's a disappointment. Though, as Phil said, you can question whether that's actually his fault or if he just became a product of his environment.
    Right. It is hard to blame Silva on a team that was mired in shit, and still went out and hired a completly unqualified and inexperienced manager. So many of those late minute goals this year may not have happened if Nelsen knew what he was doing. The team may have been in a playoff hunt, and players such as Silva would have received professional coaching......now, no more Silva talk
    Last edited by 69Chevy396; 08-15-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    I think everyone will be surprised at the substantial role MLS is playing in all of this. Let's just be thankful that Payne sits in a swanky executive chair for the MLS board.
    While I'm thankful we have Payne and his influence, I wish this league would grow up already and truly have the parity they allude too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markie8002000 View Post
    What? He's got leprosy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    While I'm thankful we have Payne and his influence, I wish this league would grow up already and truly have the parity they allude too.
    I have to agree, it feels good for us now that we have him but if it was some other team had the right guy, we would feel the opposite emotion.
    As long as this league is run like a flat-out business and is pulling shit like the Dempsey deal for a return on marketing $$$, parity will be impossible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    From that posted article, it looks like a friendly with a US based MLS team was part of the compensation. That suggests MLS was definitely very involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh I know its a ludicrous idea but so was getting Beckham.

Would MLSE put up the money for Ronaldo? Your looking at an investment of about $95 million (US) to get him and about $31 million a year in salary. Heck, I don't know if anybody but a petro dollar backed team could afford that. Hmm...Ronaldo to NYCFC?

Back on topic, there would be better choices but Lieweke thinks like this.
    If I'm Lieweke and I'm going to break the bank, I'd go after Wayne Rooney.

Seriously. He's already won everything at the elite level, he's on the outs with Man Utd. and he comes from a personally very humble background. The idea of making more than in the prem (you'd have to pay him just shitloads of money of course) would probably be enough, combined with the international superstar/notoriety thing.

If they gave him $25M a season, he'd probably be over in a shot. And it would be the first time we'd used that "he'd tear this league a new one" line and be deadly accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    Seriously, was MLSE, that cheap not to fly him in 1st class?? I'd honestly expect him at least 3-4 games to get settled in with the squad and city. Don't know how good his English, but somebody should tell him north york is where most latinos hang out for shopping and groceries
    Might be a case of last minute booking / lack of availability.

Hopefully everyone is willing to be patient with his progress. I know TFC is under pressure to find someone to produce up front, but it's unlikely it will be a quick fix. There will probably be some sort of prolonged adjustment period.

That being said, considering the time / aggravation / price tag, it's important he show some strong signs of potential right away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying its right but every league has weird stuff going on due to favours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's alleged that the NOB and TFC/MLS have reached an agreement on the transfer and fee involved, but NOB has also filed legal proceedings against MLS/TFC "demanding payment of the option to purchase 80 percent of pass Urruti that clear from the offices of the Park, and was made effective."

Damn you google translate, damn you.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our other Argentinian didn't look impressive until he settled in.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"It may take place in 2014 or 2015 and will also give you the chance to Newell's to play a friendly match with Toronto FC in Canada itself and another team in Major League Soccer in the United States, competition that this affiliated..."

This afternoon might actually be what seals the deal. This exact issue (and an issue it is) is what my earlier post about MLS was alluding to. I would hate to work for a MLS team in recruitment. The hurdles that have to be overcome would drive me insane. Who wrote the rules for this league?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Seriously. He's already won everything at the elite level, he's on the outs with Man Utd. and he comes from a personally very humble background. The idea of making more than in the prem (you'd have to pay him just shitloads of money of course) would probably be enough, combined with the international superstar/notoriety thing.

If they gave him $25M a season, he'd probably be over in a shot. And it would be the first time we'd used that "he'd tear this league a new one" line and be deadly accurate.
    I would totally do that too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand English very well, could SOMEBODY explain to me what the REAL issue is?
    Is it because TFC wants 100% of his contract, but NOB wants a piece left for them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Our other Argentinian didn't look impressive until he settled in.
    I'm telling you know, if Vitti isn't called offside on that feed from Dichio and scores in his first game, the El Muerte tag would've lifted and we would've had a decent player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't be too worried about Urruti not being any good. NOB is a good club in their league, and obviously have a strong interest in Urruti - they wouldn't go through this circus if he was a dud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't understand English very well, could SOMEBODY explain to me what the REAL issue is?
    Is it because TFC wants 100% of his contract, but NOB wants a piece left for them?
    It's complicated. Apart from things already mentioned there is also a problem with co-ownership (like Tevez had). An Argentina friend told me that with NOB he was co-owned by his father and his father's brother (uncle) and his father and his uncle had a family dispute and his uncle is siding with NOB and being a dick with contract stuff.
    Last edited by TimDrodgeba; 08-15-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sacred Heart Rosary Cub seems to be the problem? Are they Newells or someone else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

LMAO why not got for Messi or Ronaldo while were at it? Or balotelli when he was fighting with Man City

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    From that posted article, it looks like a friendly with a US based MLS team was part of the compensation. That suggests MLS was definitely very involved.
    Yeah, but didn't we see examples of SA articles that referenced TFC as a US team? I'm sure I saw that pop up a few times. Either blame that on the translations, of the lack of geography knowledge in SA I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wince View Post
    Yeah, but didn't we see examples of SA articles that referenced TFC as a US team? I'm sure I saw that pop up a few times. Either blame that on the translations, of the lack of geography knowledge in SA I guess.
    It clearly says a friendly with another MLS team so regardless, unless TFC has the right to negotiate on behalf of other teams, MLS was involved in making this happen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 game trips seem to be the norm for these jaunts. I'm thinking Chicago would be happy to see NOB in a friendly.