Page 115 of 288 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told that Tevez was offered a contract by TFC. I was discussing other names with this person (don't really know if they do know, but they do work for TFC FO), we threw out names likes Kaka and Pirlo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we naming players, uh ! uh ! george best! did I win?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Guess not I was wrong on that one ... or a little to drunk
    Kaka is still on the cards I think.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 07-10-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I was told that Tevez was offered a contract by TFC. I was discussing other names with this person (don't really know if they do know, but they do work for TFC FO), we threw out names likes Kaka and Pirlo.
    If either of those players joined I would get season tickets...Kaka and pirlo would be unreal. But no way they come here, too good to join mls at this time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a feeling TFC are using Forlan as a negotiating tactic with another player..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Milanista View Post
    If either of those players joined I would get season tickets...Kaka and pirlo would be unreal. But no way they come here, too good to join mls at this time.
    I wouldn't say that either is too good for MLS, but I can't see either coming in a WC year. Kaka would probably want to go somewhere that gives him at least a slight chance of making it there. And Pirlo wouldn't want to ruin the good thing that he has going at Juve in a world cup year since he's pretty much the heartbeat of the Italian team. I could see us maybe making our interest known to them now, and then really going for either of them next summer after the world cup

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I wouldn't say that either is too good for MLS, but I can't see either coming in a WC year. Kaka would probably want to go somewhere that gives him at least a slight chance of making it there. And Pirlo wouldn't want to ruin the good thing that he has going at Juve in a world cup year since he's pretty much the heartbeat of the Italian team. I could see us maybe making our interest known to them now, and then really going for either of them next summer after the world cup
    kaka is still fairly young and if Madrid would actually let him leave you would have tons of teams lining up for him. Pirlo is still the heart of the national team and Juve...they are going for a CL title, thats why i think at this time them joining the mls is impossible. I could see guys like stanko from inter and drogba being a possibility

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    Not Drogba, he's 35
    Even at 35, I would still say he checked most of the boxes to be a DP target. He's still fit, still scores goals at almost any level, he's a name and would put bums on seats as well as goals in the net.

And also, love your avatar!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They sign Drogba or Lamps (don't see how, since he just reupped at the Bridge) and they've got my money until those players retire, no questions asked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@MLSTransfers: Source: Other Toronto targets include Javier Saviola, Dejan Stankovic #TFC #MLS

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    @MLSTransfers: Source: Other Toronto targets include Javier Saviola, Dejan Stankovic #TFC #MLS
    I'd sooner have Saviola because if you look up "over-the-hill European player looking for an MLS retirement payday" in the dictionary, you'd find Stankovic's picture there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Ancelotti managing Real, I think Kaka' would want to spend at least one season under him again.... but, who knows?
    If TFC find a way to convince him to come to Toronto, I would go nuts. He's my favourite player. I have so many good memories of him when he was a Milanista. It was be incredible if they did sign him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dejan Stankovic is Frings 2.0, I would be fucking livid if we sign him. According to the stats he played 3 games last season, so he is probably not fit either to begin with.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didier Drogba...la la la la la....Didier Drogba...la la la la la la !!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDamage View Post
    I'd sooner have Saviola because if you look up "over-the-hill European player looking for an MLS retirement payday" in the dictionary, you'd find Stankovic's picture there.
    Interestingly, Internacional are also after Saviola.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saviola would be a good choice. Good age, still has ability, scored goals in a better league that the MLS last season.

Stankovic, I agree, is a no from me. He's just not played enough lately, and I think he would be the next Mista.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will be utterly unimpressed if we sign Stankovic.
    Last edited by tfcleeds; 07-10-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Saviola would be a good choice. Good age, still has ability, scored goals in a better league that the MLS last season.

Stankovic, I agree, is a no from me. He's just not played enough lately, and I think he would be the next Mista.
    Saviola was linked to the Sounders in Feb/2013

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ga-for-seattle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I will be utterly unimpressed if we sign Stankovic.
    Don't worry that won't happen.

Leiweke wants to bring a big name that even the most casual fans would have heard of (alla Kaka, Forlan, Drogba, Lampard, Beckham) that is his whole thing. He has said from day 1 here that is what he wants to do. Putting Stankovic's name next to any other player that has been mentioned really doesn't fit.

Leiweke is swinging for the fences with this DP or he's keeping the bat on his shoulder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add Fredy Montero to the list, watching SIC Portuguese tv That a team from Canada assuming TFC put an offer to acquire Fredy, However he said it would be a dream to play with Sporting Lisbon this signing will probably happened with SCP.

http://www.cirvfm.com/fptv.html

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Naci...tent_id=832361
    Last edited by tfcmanu; 07-10-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's false about Montero. He's signed with Sporting and will arrive in Toronto for the start of Sporting preseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    That's false about Montero. He's signed with Sporting and will arrive in Toronto for the start of Sporting preseason.
    I must of misunderstood...Could be, However makes sence.

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Naci...tent_id=832361

Advanced visited training center of Seattle Sounders.
    The advanced Colombian Fredy Montero could not be more happy. The shift to Europe, more precisely to the Sporting, leaves the front of 25 years in the clouds, although, in official terms, stress that still nothing is closed.

"At this moment I am just waiting to get it right, because nothing is official yet. So let's see if I have to go to Seattle for Colombia, or Seattle directly to la (Portugal) ", began by saying the Colombian, linked to Seattle Sounders, in statements quoted by official site of the MLS.

"I have heard something about the start of pre-season in Canada, in Toronto, but as I said before, i do not know where I have to go," he said, showing after his happiness by change for Europe.

"It is a dream come true. I hope to have success by la. I was waiting for this opportunity in the past and ca she is. Now I hope I enjoy it as I did with all that I had until now", he concluded.
    Last edited by tfcmanu; 07-10-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the sounds of this. Some of these players are wildly different from others.

I sincerely hope we are just being used as a ploy and not actually talking to all these players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don't like the sounds of this. Some of these players are wildly different from others.

I sincerely hope we are just being used as a ploy and not actually talking to all these players.
    I don't think that is what it is at all. I genuinely believe that TFC is working on bringing in a household name DP.

From reading The Beckham Experiment, his history in LA and everything he has said since arriving in Toronto Tim Leiweke is all about the star power. He isn't the kind of person who will settle for any DP. Leiweke doesn't look to land players like Rafael or Chris Boyd. He goes after the Henry's of the world.

I genuinely believe that TFC are negotiating to bring in players like Tevez, Forlan, Kaka, Drogba etc. and that is because of Tim Leiweke. At the same time I think that Kevin Payne is still looking at players that fit the mold that he stated the club would bring in, players like Laba and Urruti.

Guys like Stankovic getting linked is just paper-talk. Guy looking to come over and it is known that TFC is looking to bring guys in equals an easy transfer speculation story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

A few available players, debate and discuss.

Javier Saviola (already discussed)
    Pablo Aimar
    Kevin Bobson
    Ji Sung Park
    Christian Timm
    Xavi Alonso
    Nuri Sahin
    Sebastian Squillaci
    Yossi Benayoun
    Florent Malouda
    Jermaine Pennant
    Roque Santa Cruz
    Nani
    Scott Parker
    Nicklas Bendtner
    Wilson Palacios
    Salomon Kalou
    Jay Spearing
    Ever Banega
    Simeon Jackson (surprise scoop at the last second?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^From that list, Jackson and Spearing have already signed with clubs (Eintracht Braunchweig and Blackburn Rovers respectively)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    ^From that list, Jackson and Spearing have already signed with clubs (Eintracht Braunchweig and Blackburn Rovers respectively)
    I knew Jackson had left camp to sign, didn't know it had gone ahead. Spearing must've been the last couple of days as well? Or did I just miss it. Either way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^My bad - I guess Spearing isn't official yet. But Jackson is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yup, same goes for Santa Cruz (Malaga) and Palacios (Stoke City).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    A few available players, debate and discuss.

Javier Saviola (already discussed)
    Pablo Aimar
    Kevin Bobson
    Ji Sung Park
    Christian Timm
    Xavi Alonso
    Nuri Sahin
    Sebastian Squillaci
    Yossi Benayoun
    Florent Malouda
    Jermaine Pennant
    Roque Santa Cruz
    Nani
    Scott Parker
    Nicklas Bendtner
    Wilson Palacios
    Salomon Kalou
    Jay Spearing
    Ever Banega
    Simeon Jackson (surprise scoop at the last second?)
    I think Xabi Alonso and Nani are the two players that most fit with what both Nelsen want and what Leiweke wants. Both really big name players. Xabi Alonso fits in Nelsen's system as the creative CM, and Nani as a winger. I also doubt Sahin would come to MLS at his age.