Page 253 of 288 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,590 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    No one disagrees with that point.
    Kinda weird that this is even a discussion - everyone is on the same page re Koevs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gutted that a guy that could have been not just the best striker in TFC history but probably would have be a top 5 goal scorer in the league broke down physically but there it is. The prospect of him playing at that level again is very low. Best for intentions to be known now instead of a guessing game in January. Payne, go get us a DP striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NolbertoS View Post
    I'll betcha 2 pints at BMO Fielf that we do . that is whenever I come back to Toronto, as I live out West . Look at Camilo for the Whitecaps. He was an unknown South American player and now had a terrific strike rate and goals per game high rate. I'm sure there are more Camilo type players out there as half of Kooevermans contract
    Well never is a long time....

Camilo has done great, yeah. Still not on par with Koef's though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too bad brockie is gone/leaving. With his work ethic, him and urruti might of made a Great duo up front

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David_Oliveira View Post
    It's too bad brockie is gone/leaving. With his work ethic, him and urruti might of made a Great duo up front
    Have you seen the many chances Brockie has missed for easy goals. I'd rather have somebody that his work ethic and can score. Don't need another Dunfielf type player on our squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen the many chances Brockie has missed for easy goals. I'd rather have somebody that his work ethic and can score. Don't need another Dunfielf type player on our squad.
    I get the feeling he'd do a little better as a wide forward in a 4-3-3. That playing up the middle stuff or with his back to net is just not his forte. But I still agree with your premise, all said and done I don't think his time here was terribly successful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dod he sign as a Dp i cant find anyome comfirming that he signed
    as a Dp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andmat View Post
    as a Dp?
    Payne says no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andmat View Post
    as a Dp?
    No, he's not a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So now we move on to this potential big name DP that comes in Jan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we keep talking like it is a known fact that the player we want to bring in next week is a player who would not be eligable until January. Do we have a source on this or is it pure speculation?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't mind a striker and fully expect that is what KP has in mind.

But part of me is hoping we get a playmaker. Osorio is a good but realistically, he isn't a playmaker, yet. The forwards need better service.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    So we keep talking like it is a known fact that the player we want to bring in next week is a player who would not be eligable until January. Do we have a source on this or is it pure speculation?
    Its been leaked to the media. it was a recounted conversation by Luke during one of the games not long ago.

I am curious to see how it all plays out from here on in. I don't know how a thing like this works - making an announcement about a 'big' player while potientially being under contract to another team.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I am curious to see how it all plays out from here on in. I don't know how a thing like this works - making an announcement about a 'big' player while potientially being under contract to another team.
    A player can sign a pre-contract while still under contract with another team. Very interested to see who Payne has in mind, no leaks so far.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    A player can sign a pre-contract while still under contract with another team. Very interested to see who Payne has in mind, no leaks so far.
    A pre-construction can be down when your existing deal is within 6 months of expiring. It was what Tim and the Galaxy exactly did with the Becks signing.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i haven't made a post in god knows how long... BUt this spanish translator that TFC has, is doing a poor job at translating! I speak spanish. And This is not the first time i noticed him fucking up, but this time with Urruti is pretty bad. Not only he translates maybe like 50% of what Urruti said, what's worse is that she adds shits that Urruti never said! Which might give a different impression to the fans of what he's personality is like.
    Any ways just giving you guys a heads up take whatever this dude translating as a general idea of what he;s trying to say. becasue that's pretty much what the dude does. he just gives a general idea what the players are saying. And A LOT is lost in translation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    A pre-construction can be down when your existing deal is within 6 months of expiring. It was what Tim and the Galaxy exactly did with the Becks signing.
    Hmm, not alot of leagues that run until the winter. The Brazilian league is one... hmm...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll betcha 2 pints at BMO Fielf that we do . that is whenever I come back to Toronto, as I live out West . Look at Camilo for the Whitecaps. He was an unknown South American player and now had a terrific strike rate and goals per game high rate. I'm sure there are more Camilo type players out there as half of Kooevermans contract
    Camilo - 5792 minutes in the past 3 years, 31 goals - ~187 minutes/goal
    Danny - 2020 minutes played in the past 3 years (well 2 really), 17 goals - ~119 minutes/goal

It's not even close. In fact I'm not sure there are a lot of people over the course of the MLS that are getting a strike rate like that (which actually came down for DK after his issues last year). Who else is up there in the league - Stern John? Twellman is around 150 m/g, Wondo is around 150 m/g, Diallo around 125 m/g. Stern John is just over 100 m/g. Hell Thierry Henry is up at 185 m/g. Other than a few more around the 140-5 m/g there's no one close.

So that's one player in league history with a higher strike rate the DK (with more than 15 goals). So I'd love to find someone who puts in goals more regularly but I'm not holding my breath and I'll gladly take you up on your bet.

Having said all that - it's clearly time for him to move one. But I don't think people always get how lucky we were to have a striker like him in 2011/2.

Edit: sorry I didn't mean for this to come off as attacking and when I reread it, it kind of felt like it did. Camilo is having a great year (goal every 113.5 minutes), and he had a decent 2011, but last year kind of killed him.
    Last edited by Ben - D.O.W.; 08-16-2013 at 02:22 PM.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    ok i haven't made a post in god knows how long... BUt this spanish translator that TFC has, is doing a poor job at translating! I speak spanish. And This is not the first time i noticed him fucking up, but this time with Urruti is pretty bad. Not only he translates maybe like 50% of what Urruti said, what's worse is that she adds shits that Urruti never said! Which might give a different impression to the fans of what he's personality is like.
    Any ways just giving you guys a heads up take whatever this dude translating as a general idea of what he;s trying to say. becasue that's pretty much what the dude does. he just gives a general idea what the players are saying. And A LOT is lost in translation!
    its a big ask, to be fair, fitting of a big accusation, so, I humbly and with all due respect, wonder if you could do us a favour and translate them for us? Or maybe just the new Urruti stuff, because there's a lot with Laba already.
    Then we only need somebody to confirm. But I've always wondered something along this line of thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Hmm, not alot of leagues that run until the winter. The Brazilian league is one... hmm...
    I'm sure Forlan is still in their sights. At least, Attfield in the Globe seems to think so, saying today that a deal has "thus far failed to come to fruition."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC should really get a professional translator instead of the fitness guy filling in every time. GOD MLSE is so cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well, use Rosetta Stone translater software for Max Urruti's interview, or worse use google spanish translate

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    TFC should really get a professional translator instead of the fitness guy filling in every time. GOD MLSE is so cheap.
    I'd take that job

I speak Corporate Bullshit, English, Spanish, French and a little Italian, too.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

There is nothing cheap about MLSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'd take that job

I speak Corporate Bullshit, English, Spanish, French and a little Italian, too.
    Easiest job in the world. Translate for maybe 10 minutes to the media every week depending on whether they want to interview you.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Easiest job in the world. Translate for maybe 10 minutes to the media every week depending on whether they want to interview you.
    Yeah, but what about translating the Corporate Bullshit? That would probably be at least 70-hour weeks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Yeah, but what about translating the Corporate Bullshit? That would probably be at least 70-hour weeks...
    I don't think you'd last that long. The corporate bullshit would be whether they can make your position redundant by letting the fitness guy do it.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I don't think you'd last that long. The corporate bullshit would be whether they can make your position redundant by letting the fitness guy do it.
    Touché.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    I don't even speak Spanish but I was wondering this as well. It just seems like he adds on stuff, I'm like...but when did urruti say all of this?
    It seems like the trainer has a party line: player x is here to work hard and be used by the team any way he's needed.