Page 10 of 288 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It's all BS imho.

Here is my theory about what Payne is doing: he is building relationships in South America by helping work the market for agents he knows and trusts. Knowing them is not enough, he needs to show that TFC gets the joke. He is not signing Peralta, or Urruti, or whoever is being leaked in these stories. He has no interest in them at all. But he wants to help their agents. It's how the game is played.

When we do sign a quality South American, it'll be someone out of the blue. Whose representation Payne did a favour for, by letting his name be associated with other players in the stable.

I'll get my hat.
    What I like about this theory is that it claims TFC is working with agents, rather than a single agency running TFC behind the scenes. This could be the most significant change to our team since year one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    It's an interesting theory Ensco. It's possible, but with all due respect you seem to have a fairly jaded outlook with all things concerning MLSE and its teams, so i can see that you may not trust a lot of what is said at face value. Time will tell if we land this Urruti kid. I hope we do because he seems like a bonafied player and so i guess i hope you're wrong.
    It's not cynicism and it's not about MLSE. I like Payne.

I'm saying I think he knows what he is doing.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not doubting that he knows what he's doing or that you back him. In fact i don't think you theory is a bad thing per se. I just hope we get this player instead of the talk of him being nothing more than politics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im sure they are close to signing somebody from SA..they wouldnt send onstad and oleary to argentina unless they have somebody in mind...
    or maybe they are hiding them in a hotel in mississauga looking at youtube vids of players and payne is lying to us...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not cynicism and it's not about MLSE. I like Payne.

I think you're spot on. Never take what KP says at face value, but read between the lines when it comes to player signings.

Personally, he better find the next Federico Higuain or he's off my Christmas card list!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard the Vatican signed some new Argentinian to their squad as well. We better get on this ASAP before they scoop up all the talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all BS imho.

Here is my theory about what Payne is doing: he is building relationships in South America by helping work the market for agents he knows and trusts. Knowing them is not enough, he needs to show that TFC gets the joke. He is not signing Peralta, or Urruti, or whoever is being leaked in these stories. He has no interest in them at all. But he wants to help their agents. It's how the game is played.

When we do sign a quality South American, it'll be someone out of the blue. Whose representation Payne did a favour for, by letting his name be associated with other players in the stable.

I'll get my hat.
    Ha funny I never thought of this because I've experienced first hand this happening. Have been contacted by agents to say so-and-so player is linked to a move to whatever club because they are not getting playing time. It is not in these agent's interests for their player to be rotting in the reserves or bench so to shake things up, and Urruti is probably a perfect example, to get his club to see he is valued or other teams in Argentina to see he is garnering interest and maybe they should have a look or make a move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im sure they are close to signing somebody from SA..they wouldnt send onstad and oleary to argentina unless they have somebody in mind...
    or maybe they are hiding them in a hotel in mississauga looking at youtube vids of players and payne is lying to us...
    Those guys are in Argentina, sure. They are scouting, and building networks. Wouldn't surprise me if they go 5 more times in next 12 months. They should.

If you just go to sign a player and don't do any of the hard work beforehand ... you are not doing it right.

Listen, I have no idea really. All I am saying is, all is not what it seems in this game. It won't be the end of the world if Friday comes and goes and there's no Peralta or Urruti or whomever.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-14-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im with you on that...i know its a fine line and there is going to be some bs,but it sure is better then mo's famous S A scouting trips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im with you on that...i know its a fine line and there is going to be some bs,but it sure is better then mo's famous S A scouting trips.
    Those were awesome. He basically went to Sao Paulo, looked at one of the highest priced players playing at one of the biggest teams and said "yeah, I want that! hypothetically..." I wonder if he even met with any clubs or agents while he was there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    I heard the Vatican signed some new Argentinian to their squad as well. We better get on this ASAP before they scoop up all the talent.
    John Paul II played keeper back in the day...oh well, short of resurrection, I guess he's off the list.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there is a soccer pitch somewhere nearby, or maybe Mo was looking for a beach soccer expert during his holiday "scouting trips" ....
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-14-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    John Paul II played keeper back in the day...oh well, short of resurrection, I guess he's off the list.
    We're all good for goal keepers. Plus, as you point out, he's dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

I think there is a soccer pitch somewhere nearby, or maybe Mo was looking for a beach soccer expert during his holiday "scouting trips" ....
    That looks like Ipanema beach, was there a little while ago. There are actually beach courts all along the strip , some organized leagues and young kids playing, incredible amounts of skill on display.
    You probably could have found 20-30 guys who could do circles around Andy Welsh and Colin Samuel, if you could pry them away from their parents at the age of 14

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mo probably found lots of useful futvolei players on his trips anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't it obvious? We will sign a player Friday, because we have a match Saturday. That's how TFC does it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not worried if we don't sign anybody this week. We have a 2 week break after Montreal. I'm sure Nelson and Payne will evaluate the firts 3 games, and then it leaves that spare weekend to train any new players before the LA game at the end of the month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Payne should shutup, do agents a favour privately instead of saying were gonna sign someone this week and not do anything. Third time since he came here with these statments?

Watch me have to eat my words lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we already signed a DP striker, but we're keeping the news away from the press till 5 minutes before game-start tomorrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think Payne should shutup, do agents a favour privately instead of saying were gonna sign someone this week and not do anything. Third time since he came here with these statments?

Watch me have to eat my words lol.
    personally i think Payne should do whatever he wants because so far I'm liking it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne was on 590, he says something will be announced over the next week now.

I do find it curious there's no leak or rumors coming out of there at all and if it's even Urruti.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post

I do find it curious there's no leak or rumors coming out of there at all and if it's even Urruti.
    good. that's the way it should be
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    personally i think Payne should do whatever he wants because so far I'm liking it!!
    Maybe, given that our two most effective players are on 6 mos. contracts, he's trying to force them to prove their worth by "imminent" other signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/

Starts at 14:14

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Kurt Larson and John Molinaro Maximiliano Urruti is pretty much done:

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro Nelsen said deal with Argentine DP is "virtually done." #tfc

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/sta...08925352996864

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN Nelsen says new signing virtually done. #TFC

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/statu...08758453252096

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jus waiting for the white smoke over BMO and then they will parade our argentine to us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jus waiting for the white smoke over BMO and then they will parade our argentine to us...

well played sir

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm making a mental note of all those who have posted in this, and other threads, who indicated that they believe that KP won't be signing an Argentinian in the next couple of weeks (because Payne is doing one or several agents a favour pretending that he is) so that I can apologize to them for calling them out. Or - is it the other way around?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I'm making a mental note of all those who have posted in this, and other threads, who indicated that they believe that KP won't be signing an Argentinian in the next couple of weeks (because Payne is doing one or several agents a favour pretending that he is) so that I can apologize to them for calling them out. Or - is it the other way around?
    You know my slogan ... often wrong, but never in doubt!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know my slogan ... often wrong, but never in doubt!
    Excellent! I love it.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports