Page 7 of 288 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some trialists have been shown the door.

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNPeters is gone #TFC

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNHustedt also gone #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Some trialists have been shown the door.

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNPeters is gone #TFC

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNHustedt also gone #TFC
    Whois left on Trial? with the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beaulieu-Bourgault is at least one of them, we signed Bostock (obviously). Don't really remember the others. I'm sure it's in the latter pages of the off-season movement thread.

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNHe's in today's game. #TFC@thesportingway: @KurtLarSUN Is Jonathan B-B training, saw him after the game with some of the Reds?”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that bostock is the real deal. He seems to be a dero type can play multiple positions cam lm rm cm. If he can be anything close to deros calibler I will be happy to have im play in a red kit for years to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beaulieu-Bourgault is at least one of them, we signed Bostock (obviously). Don't really remember the others. I'm sure it's in the latter pages of the off-season movement thread.

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNHe's in today's game. #TFC@thesportingway: @KurtLarSUN Is Jonathan B-B training, saw him after the game with some of the Reds?”
    Ryan Richter and Lance Rozeboom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC@torontofc
    #TFC training update: Onstad & O'Leary in Argentina, player signing announcement may come soon. - Kevin Payne. #TFClive

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Toronto FC@torontofc
    #TFC training update: Onstad & O'Leary in Argentina, player signing announcement may come soon. - Kevin Payne. #TFClive
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, thanks Ripoff!

Also to put more precision on the "soon" in TFC's twitter update:

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNPayne: new signing likely in last day or two #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also JBB is playing for TFC today in a reserve match against Notre Dame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other news that could prove to be just as important as a player signing:

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNPayne confirmed they are looking to renegotiate contracts. Said he's confident one will be renegotiated. #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNPayne confirmed they are looking to renegotiate contracts. Said he's confident one will be renegotiated. #TFC
    I think he means the Ecks Contract, He does not deserve that much money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does Wiedeman fit on this team? is he even gonna get a chance to play with tfc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andmat View Post
    Yep, definitely. Take Frings' lead and do the right thing, bud. If you want to play with a winning team, this is the reality of MLS you have to understand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he means DK's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the likely forward coming in we now are at the point where Braun may never see the pitch. Earnshaw, Urruti, Morgan, Bennett, Welshmen etc can all play up front and are either better or on much better contracts. Wouldn't mind using Braun trade bait (pick, or intl spot)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    With the likely forward coming in we now are at the point where Braun may never see the pitch. Earnshaw, Urruti, Morgan, Bennett, Welshmen etc can all play up front and are either better or on much better contracts. Wouldn't mind using Braun trade bait (pick, or intl spot)
    Yep Same with Wiedeman I can see them asking for more Allocation money also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Koevs can return to form at some point this season we are going to be stacked up front.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Toronto FC@torontofc
    a top notch striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andmat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Maybe he means DK's?

I could see it being Braun.
    There's no way he's worth the $100k+ he made last year.

I could see him taking less salary per year, in exchange for adding an extra year on his contract to prove himself and try to extend his career.

After the disaster season he just had, if he doesn't do anything this year and his current contract just runs out, that could effectively end his career.
    Last edited by gdg_9; 03-12-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think you're going to see Danny K bought out before April 15, especially with Earnshaw and this new Argentine DP in the picture. As for Weeds and others, yes, they'll be relegated to depth status -- and there's nothing wrong with that. If this is finally the year when this team becomes competitive, they'll want to stick around.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN Nelsen on Earnshaw/Bostock "loans" 'till July" Don't think that's accurate. Both I think will be here longer." (Via @ExtraTimeRadio) #TFC
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    I still think you're going to see Danny K bought out before April 15, especially with Earnshaw and this new Argentine DP in the picture. As for Weeds and others, yes, they'll be relegated to depth status -- and there's nothing wrong with that. If this is finally the year when this team becomes competitive, they'll want to stick around.
    We already bought out Frings. Can you buy two DPs out in a year? (ed: or does it still count as a DP buyout if the player retires? Maybe it doesn't count in MLS rules).

Interesting that what we're hearing is about money and renegotiating contracts as opposed to dropping players. With all our internationals, I thought moving a player or two would be more important. Maybe we have a few international spaces we don't know of?
    Last edited by Canary10; 03-12-2013 at 11:56 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN Nelsen on Earnshaw/Bostock "loans" 'till July" Don't think that's accurate. Both I think will be here longer." (Via @ExtraTimeRadio) #TFC
    When Nelsen spoke about Earnshaw he said on loan until July then we will see. When he spoke about Bostock he said on loan until July then he will become a TFC player. I kind of read that as Bostock has already indicated he wants to be in MLS long term and Earnshaw is more of a wait and see how it goes. Hopefully both will work out and be here long term.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We already bought out Frings. Can you buy two DPs out in a year? (ed: or does it still count as a DP buyout if the player retires? Maybe it doesn't count in MLS rules).

Interesting that what we're hearing is about money and renegotiating contracts as opposed to dropping players. With all our internationals, I thought moving a player or two would be more important. Maybe we have a few international spaces we don't know of?
    Retirement does not count as a buyout; so, we have one buyout left. That said, I hope we don't buyout Kovermans .. let him have his chance at getting his shirt on the wall.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the retirement doesn't count as a buyout, and that's why the club and Frings decided to go that route. It still let's them buy out Danny K if the stars don't look like they're aligning for his recovery. And buying him out is obviously only made that much more attractive by the fact he's not Canadian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How could that possibly be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if I'd support a buyout of Koevs. He's the only DP we've ever signed that earned every penny of his salary, and in my opinion, he deserves the opportunity to try and reinvigorate his career in Toronto. It's a tough call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Even if we did/could by him out by then, his contract would still count against the cap (deadline for that was early March). So don't see the merits at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skinn View Post
    Even if we did/could by him out by then, his contract would still count against the cap (deadline for that was early March). So don't see the merits at this point.
    You are correct sir

(D) BUYOUT OF GUARANTEED CONTRACT
    Teams may have the ability to buyout one guaranteed player as follows:

• A Team may buy out one (1) guaranteed player (including a DP’s) contract during the off-season and free up the corresponding budget space. Such a buyout is at the particular MLS Team’s own expense.
    • A Team may not free up budget space with a buyout of a player’s salary budget charge during the season. Such a buyout will be conducted by the League and count on a Club’s budget in a manner consistent with current MLS guidelines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see them successfully renegotiating Ecks contract down quite a few thousand. Ecks clearly likes being in Toronto and has settled. I can imagine he would accept lower wages just so he can keep playing here and being a success. If he went back to the UK right now he wouldn't be guaranteed a first team place and would have to restart his career. Meanwhile no other MLS team is going to trade for him at his price. They could probably knock $100,000 off his salary and he would be happy, I'm sure.