Page 12 of 288 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was rather hoping Cochrane wasn't involved in any paperwork, unless it involved making travel arrangements for the team, or booking hotels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ or ordering coffees

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I was rather hoping Cochrane wasn't involved in any paperwork, unless it involved making travel arrangements for the team, or booking hotels.
    You sure he can even do that? (#4)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelsen says Argentine club is going through administration, which is why things are taking so long with the new player - Kurtis Larson (@KurtLarSUN) March 19, 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any idea what "going through administration" means?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    any idea what "going through administration" means?
    basically bankruptcy
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Newell Old Boys going through Administration? Or maybe its another team, which means Urruti wasn't the guy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't find anything about any Argentine clubs going through Bankruptcy, any spanish speakers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Is Newell Old Boys going through Administration? Or maybe its another team, which means Urruti wasn't the guy.
    I don't recall Payne ever confirming that Urruti was the guy. Everyone is just assuming he is because someone else said that TFC was trying to get him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNNelsen also hinted today there will likely be more players released. In the wake of Stinson, more tough decisions. #TFC

Who might be going?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kurt Larson mentions on twitter that it's Urruti's club that's in administration?

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN 17m To sum up today: Cesar/Russell domestic, Urutti hold up because of his club, Stinson out, Richter still here, Nelsen satisfied w/ 3pts #TFC

https://twitter.com/KurtLarSUN/statu...83591585931265

If anyone can find information about Newell's Old Boys going into administration or having financial problems please post in this thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weadaman and braun I dont think they are on guaranteed contracts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Weadaman and braun I dont think they are on guaranteed contracts
    you are wrong in case of Braun

Guaranteed Contracts
    The CBA signed in 2010 provides a guaranteed contract for all players who are at least 24 years old and have a minimum of three years of service with MLS.

http://www.dynamotheory.com/2012/3/22/2742229/mls-101-re-entry-draft-contracts-right-of-refusal-and-the-cba
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it stands to reason that depth players left over from the previous regime with less than 3 years experience in MLS will be the most likely candidates to be released due to the CBA provisions. It would be the most cost effective manner in which to open roster spots and create cap flexibility.

My guess is that the likes of Wiedeman and Emory are on the way out shortly.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 03-19-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNNelsen also hinted today there will likely be more players released. In the wake of Stinson, more tough decisions. #TFC

Who might be going?
    Wiedeman is most likely for me. Hasn't seen a minute of playing time so far.

Beyond him I'm not sure. Braun? Seems like he'd have enough value to at least get us something via a trade. I think Lambe is safe for now. Emory is a possibility, but he's our only cover at LB (unless we use Russell there). And I'm not sure we'd release any of the new signings so soon after bringing them in... maybe one of Osorio, Morgan, or Bennett? Seems too unlikely, that would make them pure panic moves and I don't think that's how Payne operates.

Koevermans?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Koevermans?
    The MLS CBA prohibits releasing an injured player.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only way DK is not going to play for us this year is if he is unable and we can do the injured player thingy dingy (I forget specifics and don't feel like looking up now)

We already did our 1 buy out with Frings (99% sure on this) and I am positive you can't buy out a player during the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the deal with Frings was that it was, financially, a buyout, but officially he retired so we sort of danced around the whole buyout thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the deal with Frings was that it was, financially, a buyout, but officially he retired so we sort of danced around the whole buyout thing.
    either way, buying out Koevermans would still count towards cap hit now (and this has been said like 10 times before)

-Eduardo Galeano

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought the same, that we still get a DP buyout. I think we'll still see Danny K gone once he's healthy and again occupying that valuable international slot and salary hit, but that probably won't happen until June and in the nearer term, Wiedeman and Braun are definitely on the bubble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stinson is just the next victim in a long line of academy players that have left TFC simply because they have no where else to go. Players that graduate from the academy but need further development before actually being able to contribute to the first team. No real reserve team, no U23/21 team, no affiliation with a lower league team, no loans.

Matt Stinson
    Keith Makabuya
    Stefan Vukovic
    Oscar Cordon
    Nicholas Lindsay

As for the cuts on the horizon...Quillan Roberts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just to confirm, was Braun signed pre- or post-Payne?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quillian should never have been signed. Not at all ready. He was brought in on a panic. Even if Kocic and the backup were both injured, he still wouldn't have seen game time. They would have gone to the MLS keeper reserve pool.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to confirm, was Braun signed pre- or post-Payne?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    either way, buying out Koevermans would still count towards cap hit now (and this has been said like 10 times before)
    Yeah, I don't see the benefit in buying him out for half a year when his contract is about to expire anyway and we probably won't be hurting for cap space. Just threw his name out there since nothing is impossible I guess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^Not that I care whether he stays or not, but just seems weird that the first signing under Payne might leave the club before even playing a competitive match...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    Stinson is just the next victim in a long line of academy players that have left TFC simply because they have no where else to go. Players that graduate from the academy but need further development before actually being able to contribute to the first team. No real reserve team, no U23/21 team, no affiliation with a lower league team, no loans.

Matt Stinson
    Keith Makabuya
    Stefan Vukovic
    Oscar Cordon
    Nicholas Lindsay

As for the cuts on the horizon...Quillan Roberts
    Vukovic is actually with the Slask Wroclaw reserve team, Feel bad for the others for their career may already be over.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna predict and call for 2 midfields to be the next to go. Dunfield, Hall, Lambe or wiedeman. At which point TFC will announce 2 new signings. 10 days will pass and TFC will announce a third signing, a young DP. Ephraim will take the LM position and the Argentinian will come in behind earnshaw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Not that I care whether he stays or not, but just seems weird that the first signing under Payne might leave the club before even playing a competitive match...
    I suppose you can put Braun under 'panic buy'. KP had a look at the roster and was just shocked at what he saw. So he grabbed first player that even remotely improved the roster.

I said it then and I'll say it again now. Justin Braun is not good enough for TFC

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'm gonna predict and call for 2 midfields to be the next to go. Dunfield, Hall, Lambe or wiedeman. At which point TFC will announce 2 new signings. 10 days will pass and TFC will announce a third signing, a young DP. Ephraim will take the LM position and the Argentinian will come in behind earnshaw.
    If you can find buyers for Dunfield, Hall or Lambe or Wiedeman, you should be the GM!

-Eduardo Galeano