Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    I'm sure there is a logical reason, and probably has been discussed behind the scenes, but wouldn't it be best for both TFC and RPB (and other groups) to march together to make it more massive?
    the TFC FO organized march for LA game last yr was so... meh
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Lads this is how it went last year and will continue to be.

The club will do one thing and the SGs another. There's definitely room for 2 March's.

All are welcome both but some feel "more welcome" at a club sponsored event or a supporters "get together".

Variety- The spice of life.

Gretzky's at 11am
    Simcoe Park 12:30 for the march!
    does other supporters groups know about this?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    does other supporters groups know about this?

Yup. Everybody got the invite. Glad it was proffered. The more the merrier on this!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I think you guys are being optimistic. SKC is a level above Vancouver with Zusi moving through our backline at will and Collin mugging our forwards. I forsee a 3-0 TFC loss on Saturday.
    Not that SKC isn't a good team but there's still a reasonable measure of central tendency with this league and a lot to be said for home field advantage. SKC gradually took over that game as time wore on, but with a little bit more of potent finishing, it easy could have been 3-0 Philly at half, they weren't without opportunity.

Think the most likely outcome will be a 1-1 tie. I'd base that on what little we saw from last week in Vancouver and some of our players getting closer to full fitness. We won't generate as many chances as Phily did last week, but we won't be broken down so easily either.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philly had some really atrocious defending on goals 1 and 2, and 1 and 3 were nearly identical, with defence pulled out of position (but more worryingly for Philly) and ball watching.

With that said, KC has one of the best teams in the league and their position last year reflects that fact. If we get a point out of this, I'll be happy. A win will be a huge and uplifting upset.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Not that SKC isn't a good team but there's still a reasonable measure of central tendency with this league and a lot to be said for home field advantage. SKC gradually took over that game as time wore on, but with a little bit more of potent finishing, it easy could have been 3-0 Philly at half, they weren't without opportunity.

Think the most likely outcome will be a 1-1 tie. I'd base that on what little we saw from last week in Vancouver and some of our players getting closer to full fitness. We won't generate as many chances as Phily did last week, but we won't be broken down so easily either.
    I think this is pretty fair. Right now I don't see us scoring more than one goal, and even getting that goal is a big challenge right now, but like you said home field should hopefully bring something. KC still don't have the deadly finisher up top, but are balanced all the way through, our D IMO is better and if disciplined in the mid should limit chances. It also depends on who is playing though - right now without Silva I don't think we have anyone creative enough to set up anything from open play so that would factor into it as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I think this is pretty fair. Right now I don't see us scoring more than one goal, and even getting that goal is a big challenge right now, but like you said home field should hopefully bring something. KC still don't have the deadly finisher up top, but are balanced all the way through, our D IMO is better and if disciplined in the mid should limit chances. It also depends on who is playing though - right now without Silva I don't think we have anyone creative enough to set up anything from open play so that would factor into it as well.
    KC has Claudio Bieler. Scored buckets of goals for Quito. Scored one vs Philly last weekend. Add in Sarpong...

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/05...of-sporting-kc

Silva, Frei, Cesar close to being match fit, according to Larson...

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KC has Claudio Bieler. Scored buckets of goals for Quito. Scored one vs Philly last weekend. Add in Sarpong...
    Fair enough but Philly's defenders/defence was pretty absent on the last two goals, Bieler's especially. He's only been consistent w Quito but not in tougher leagues which is what I would think would be a better measure for how well he'll do here. But it's only game one so we'll see!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way we lose 3-0 to KC. Even last year when we were utter shite the worst we did against them was 2-0 away. We should have drawn with them here as well if not for our usual let down.

The 1-1 score prediction seems feasible. Two teams playing similar pressing styles who are playing on an unfamiliar plastic pitch will nullify a lot of possession and probably lead to plenty of sloppiness in the middle of the park. Home field gives us the edge to score a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KC are tough. Their midfield wins every loose ball, can hold up the ball, can pass, can shoot.

Seriously, anyone thinks we're evenly matched with them is forgetting that our best holding midfielder is the guy they chose to shed for cap reasons.

If we get a point out of this it will be well earned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least the KC supporters seem to feel that we're bad, but not Chivas bad:
    http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/t...i-p-r.1983559/

Consensus is that anything other than a KC win in Toronto will be massively disappointing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...k-2-march-9-10

Referee assignments for week 2. Looks like TFC-SKC match is getting a n00b (at least, I haven't heard of him before)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...k-2-march-9-10

Referee assignments for week 2. Looks like TFC-SKC match is getting a n00b (at least, I haven't heard of him before)
    He refereed NYRB vs Toronto. The 4-1 match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have the time, watch this video of Robb Heinemann of SKC talks about how Sporting Kansas City became a success in 3 yrs. They started off with 450 season ticket holders to one of the successful franchises in MLS.

This is best business oriented soccer talk I've ever heard. Everything he says makes sense, and the results are evident in KC
    Last edited by Yohan; 03-06-2013 at 05:52 PM.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakht View Post
    He refereed NYRB vs Toronto. The 4-1 match.
    Looks like he was on the crew but not the main guy. Probably a good thing too, Jair Marrufo was a hair away from completely letting that match go off the rails. Decisions were fine but he didn't calm the players down and assert his authority enough, things were starting to get out of control at points.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC manager Peter Vermes on Toronto game

Expected SKC lineup

---------------Nielsen
    -Myers--Besler--Collin--Sinovic
    ------Nagamura----Rosell
    --------------Feilhaber
    Zusi----------------------Convey
    --------------Bieler

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so according to Rachel's "six in 60" there will be a special presentation at the beginning, i wonder what is it? Another firework presentation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    so according to Rachel's "six in 60" there will be a special presentation at the beginning, i wonder what is it? Another firework presentation?
    I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that there was going to be a Frings tribute.
    Could that be it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that there was going to be a Frings tribute.
    Could that be it?
    Could be but I would prefer that be at BMO... doesn't feel right being away from home

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nagamura is such a jerk always whining and I'll never forget when he wanted out of Toronto,..cause he didn't like us.....own goal curse.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Could be but I would prefer that be at BMO... doesn't feel right being away from home
    i agree, but they probably want a "bigger" (40000) crowd to say good bye?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    Nagamura is such a jerk always whining and I'll never forget when he wanted out of Toronto,..cause he didn't like us.....own goal curse.
    well, then this is why he deserve a few more "boos" on saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    i agree, but they probably want a "bigger" (40000) crowd to say good bye?
    that and I'm sure he'd rather be back in Germany working for Werder Bremen then sitting around in Toronto waiting for the BMO opener.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seen some tweets saying TFC officials are expecting around 26 000 for the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Seen some tweets saying TFC officials are expecting around 26 000 for the game.
    guess my expectations was too high

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got 3 tickets yesterday over the phone. The rep told me they already sold 30K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 2 tix for sec 131 oh yeah! Loud and proud boys and gals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the supporter sections at the rogers centre? I got my 4 tickets, just trying to differ between the 2 sets.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC vs Philly highlights, for scouting purposes...
    Thanks for this. Interesting, all 3 KC goals came about due to serious defensive breakdowns, something I don't expect a Nelsen-coached TFC to do.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto