Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did they not get a card when Califf got punched in the back of the head? or did i see it wrong from the other side of the pitch?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andmat View Post
    There was a Frings tribute at the start of the game? i Did not even notice and I was at the game,

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting reading KC's supporters... while they did place some blame on their players, they put most of the blame on the pitch, and one person claimed that the PK was a "fix."
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Interesting reading KC's supporters... while they did place some blame on their players, they put most of the blame on the pitch, and one person claimed that the PK was a "fix."
    Meh. While it was certainly far from ideal, both teams have to play on it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DAMN it feels good to win again. .
    fantastic occasion. gerat to see all my RPB lads.
    enjoy it!
    Next stop MOTREAL!

in the meantinme, here is a pic of Mr T knocking the SHIT out of a shark.. .

NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any repercussion from the flare?
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Any repercussion from the flare?
    why would you ask something like this on open forum?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    Don't want to single you out, because there have been a few people saying the same thing.

For me, this is harsh; after the past regime's poorly planned pre-season, many players returning from injury or joining the side late on, fitness was always going to be an issue for a side that wants to play a high-pressuring game.

Nelson mentioned it, in the post-game presser, that, in the second half, they didn't really break us down in open-play; set-pieces were the biggest factor, which are often indicative of a side struggling with fitness, since that usually leads to conceding fouls. That said, those situations, whilst improvement is surely needed, were dealt with well enough and, in the end, they exploited the opportunity presented to them when we were out of shape, disputing the yellow card on Califf.

All things considered, I think the half showed that, despite the odds, the boys are in good spirits and are up for it.. fighting for each other and coming out on top. It's a natural tendency, especially when struggling with fitness, to drop deep and protect your lead. Again, they weren't broken down in open-play, which was key to them weathering the storm. I think they all know, from manager right down to the subs (as observed in one or two interviews), that they need to improve (generally and specifically as it concerns pushing up).. but, I think they put in a good 90+ mins.
    yes, i understand of course, im just pointing out what happened, and I'm happy that this time, there wasn't any late equalizer. I see a group that fight until the end and has that inner-strength that we don't have in the past years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    If you are bringing up 'what if' scenarios, I could also add: we could have easily bagged a 3rd goal if Reggie had passed the ball to Robbie and/or we could have kept a clean sheet if only Danny had not done so and so. Just saying...
    Lambe could've had a goal himself as well with the 2nd half volley inside the box. If that chance happens on grass the ball doesn't bounce as high and Lambe probably gets his foot over it and puts it in the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForestGlade View Post
    i can say that the fans ruined the game for me.

I was in the section with the big flag and there was a group of guys who bitched and complained everytime the flag went up or wasn't up.

Do people not read the tickets, the obstructed view sign, or the fact you are in a support section?

They kept using the classic " been here for 7 years" LOL, well that means you had 6 opportunities to get the fuck out of the supporters section and you didnt.

the thing that almost set me off was the slurs that were coming out of them. calling someone a " faggot" and then a "flaggot" is over the limit in my opinion and it got a response

what i did like is that at halftime the guys with the flags all congregated right in front of these clowns and went hard with flags for the rest of the game ( likely to piss these clowns off)

if your in a supporters section and not supporting then why are you there?? cheap seats or you want to tell people you are in the south but do nothing to add to support
    This happens from time to time. There was even some fans in the Red Patch Boys section last year who kept complaining that people won't sit down. Some people it might be there first game and maybe they didn't understand what a supporters section means (its a rare thing in North America sports, but its part of fan culture in soccer) but those that have been to games before you should know by now what it is like behind the net in supporters sections. Go else where if you don't want standing, flags, banners, singing exc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC should strongly consider designating a "family" section, priced comparably to the Yellow supporters tickets. As someone who is 6'9" I always feel a bit bad for whoever is stuck behind me at these events, but if I'm near some parent with their kid who can't see anything it sort of puts a damper on my enjoyment.
    That said, any SSH should know what they are getting into with a supporters section ticket. If they don't want to be around standing, flags, banners and singing, then there is a long list of fans who would gladly trade places.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I think TFC should strongly consider designating a "family" section, priced comparably to the Yellow supporters tickets. As someone who is 6'9" I always feel a bit bad for whoever is stuck behind me at these events, but if I'm near some parent with their kid who can't see anything it sort of puts a damper on my enjoyment.
    Don't worry too much about it. At 6'9" I am sure that even if you were seated, any kid behind you isn't going to see anything anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical excuse, no, shit happens

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I think TFC should strongly consider designating a "family" section, priced comparably to the Yellow supporters tickets. As someone who is 6'9" I always feel a bit bad for whoever is stuck behind me at these events, but if I'm near some parent with their kid who can't see anything it sort of puts a damper on my enjoyment. .
    Heck, at 6'9" you block my view and you're not even in my section ... :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say i feel so much better about our back line than ever before. Cahill, Odea, Eck, Morgan (although the latter not so much) just give me some actual confidence that i haven't felt pretty much ever. Also the fact that we're being managed by someone who was a great defender himself is another good thing. so far so good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    I gotta say i feel so much better about our back line than ever before. Cahill, Odea, Eck, Morgan (although the latter not so much) just give me some actual confidence that i haven't felt pretty much ever. Also the fact that we're being managed by someone who was a great defender himself is another good thing. so far so good.
    My thoughts exactly...

Much more confident in the back-4 out there... O'dea & Calif in the middle, Eck in his proper slot - it's very encouraging...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    Morgan's ball control and positioning at times was lacking but for someone who had to deal with Zusi, he did remarkably well to keep him quiet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little worried about our left and right backs. Morgan had one of the worst games I've seen him play, although covering Zusi is pretty tough for anyone. He looked in fear whenever he touched the ball. Eckersley really has to learn not to keep going through the backs of people. He keeps giving up fouls in dangerous spots.

But it was a great win. We bent but didn't break. KC threw everything at us in the second half. Most consider them a top two or three team, so it's to be expected we would have a hard second half. It's great for Nelsen to get his first win so early.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KJ's excellent analysis on the game:

http://4-2-3-1.com/2013/03/11/toront...t-master-zusi/
    Last edited by PopePouri; 03-11-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm a little worried about our left and right backs. Morgan had one of the worst games I've seen him play, although covering Zusi is pretty tough for anyone. He looked in fear whenever he touched the ball. Eckersley really has to learn not to keep going through the backs of people. He keeps giving up fouls in dangerous spots.

But it was a great win. We bent but didn't break. KC threw everything at us in the second half. Most consider them a top two or three team, so it's to be expected we would have a hard second half. It's great for Nelsen to get his first win so early.
    Morgan was pure crap. I've always been a huge supporter of his but his head is just not where it should be and I don't get it.

There was a play in the 2nd half where he was moving backwards with possession with pressure on, Bendik called for the ball, Morgan waved off and tried to play it up the sidelines, the winger lost it OOB and a quick throw in later lead to a KC push.

What I noticed during the retrevial of the ball was Bendik yelling at him pissed, Califf asking him WTF is he doing and Bendik shrugging cause he had no words.

Make the simple pass kiddo, listen to your teammates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Morgan was pure crap. I've always been a huge supporter of his but his head is just not where it should be and I don't get it.

There was a play in the 2nd half where he was moving backwards with possession with pressure on, Bendik called for the ball, Morgan waved off and tried to play it up the sidelines, the winger lost it OOB and a quick throw in later lead to a KC push.

What I noticed during the retrevial of the ball was Bendik yelling at him pissed, Califf asking him WTF is he doing and Bendik shrugging cause he had no words.

Yup, I remember that. He did not have a good game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A look back at the supporters section in the south end.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That picture needs more CHANT...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tweet from Larson:

#SportingKC has been issued a warning by MLS "for violating the mass confrontation policy" in the 95th minute in last week's loss to. #TFC
    for an explanation of the rule, see this link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ontation-rule/
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post

He's got the athleticism going form him, allowing to keep on pace with wingers, but his passing, crossing and tracking aren't improving which is worrying. He's not getting any younger so pretty soon we might have to start saying "What you see is what you get".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    He's got the athleticism going form him, allowing to keep on pace with wingers, but his passing, crossing and tracking aren't improving which is worrying. He's not getting any younger so pretty soon we might have to start saying "What you see is what you get".
    Yeah he had a stretch of play early last year (I think?) where he was making moves down the side and laying them into the box quite nicely. I was getting excited for him at that time, but it seems that it may have just been a run of luck.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tweet from Larson:

for an explanation of the rule, see this link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ontation-rule/
    That was for 4 of them around the ref after the ODea Yellow card foul. Just watched the incident again and to his credit, the SKC captain pushed players away from the ref but only after the first initial mobbing.