Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pre/In/Post - Game 2: Sporting Kansas City at TFC, Sat 9 Mar, 130pm

The false 'home' opener, but let's go Reds!

Though it will be a tough task against a Sporting KC side that won away 3-1 at Philly.

Hopefully Cesar and Silva gets match fit. If not, the deficiencies at DM is going to kill TFC.

I'd like to see

------------Bendik
    -Eckersley-Califf-O'Dea-A.Morgan
    ----------Cesar
    -----------------Bekker
    Lambe------Silva------Ephraim
    ------------Earnshaw

Subs
    Roberts
    Agboussoumonde
    Hall
    Osorio
    Dunfield
    Welshman
    T.Morgan

-The back 4 did well enough that no real tinkering needed
    -Need Cesar, who knows SKC well. Bekker needs to play two way role well
    -Lambe did well enough to deserve another start
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Though it will be a tough task against a Sporting KC side that won away 3-1 at Philly.

Hopefully Cesar and Silva gets match fit. If not, the deficiencies at DM is going to kill TFC.

I'd like to see

------------Bendik
    ----------Cesar
    -----------------Bekker
    ------------Earnshaw

Subs
    Roberts
    Agboussoumonde
    Hall
    Osorio
    Dunfield
    Welshman
    T.Morgan

Good lineup. I agree with Bekker. His composure on the ball is outstanding and he should be in the middle of the park. Silva is probably a better offensive player anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to go with optimish entering this game:

New players will want to show the home crowd what they can do: 2-2 with earnshaw and bekker getting the goals

* any word on Bostock?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

I'd like to see

------------Bendik
    ----------Cesar
    -----------------Bekker
    ------------Earnshaw

Subs
    Roberts
    Agboussoumonde
    Hall
    Osorio
    Dunfield
    Welshman
    T.Morgan

I fully endorse this starting lineup. Fairly solid throughout.

Fingers crossed regarding Silva and Cesar...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Cesar, Bekker and Silva can all play, I'd try the Xmas tree, with Lambe and Ephraim flanking Cesar. Based on what I saw, I think Bekker should be an AM, not a CM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SKC did look a bit shaky starting out against Philly. If we can apply some pressure early on and have the same kind of possession that we did against Vancouver in the first half, who knows, might be able to get something out of this match. Oh yeah, and having a healthy Silva and Cesar will be key as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre game meet up at Gretzky's @ 11 AM.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I liked Bekker's play, as a rookie he may be better off on the bench but still getting into most games as a sub.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC vs Philly highlights, for scouting purposes...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GlenM View Post

GlenM
    Not an official RPB meetup (yet, at least).

Members-only discussion on where to meet here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...67#post1562467
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you guys going to post where the meet up is, i loved the atmosphere last year at crocodile rock...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GlenM View Post

GlenM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Not an official RPB meetup (yet, at least).

Members-only discussion on where to meet here: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...67#post1562467
    Quote Originally Posted by olo114 View Post
    Are you guys going to post where the meet up is, i loved the atmosphere last year at crocodile rock...
    TFC just sent out an email to SSH talking about a March to Skydome starting at Maple Leaf Square at 12:15.

Does this mean Pre-Game Meetup at RealSports?
    Are RPB doing this? Or doing their own thing separately?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the lineup in the OP, but I'd start Welshman over Lambe. Lambe was once again indifferent in his influence on the game. I'd give Welshman 65 minutes to see what he can do.

Also, Bennett on the bench instead of T. Morgan. Nothing against Morgan, I just want to see if Bennett can make an impact with his speed up top in the final 10 minutes against tired legs. I have a feeling Bennett may be better suited to a subsitute's role than Morgan.

Bekker in CM is the key here. If Nelsen can teach him to play the box to box role well, our creativity will improve immensely. Having Silva and Bekker linking up through the middle can do wonders for our attack, it's vital we get them both on the field at the same time. Bekker just needs to be aware he doesn't push up too far. If he can adapt well to the role we'll have Roger Espinoza 2.0 on our hands.

I'm calling a 1-1 draw. Earnshaw scores.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know what sections in the Dome we will be allowed to have flags in? I want to bring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the players who were out on Saturday are still out, I want to see this lineup:

I think Lambe should be better in the hole where he's harder to pick up than on the wing. It will allow Bekker to move back to CM where he belongs, and he'll have three highly mobile AMs to play the ball to.

If Russel isn't good enough to replace Dunfield and Hall, than he shouldn't be on the squad. Since he is on the squad, I will assume that he is capable of being a starting DM.

Another reason why we need Bekker at CM is that SKC is a high pressure team. If we play players who can't deal with pressure like Hall and Dunfield, we're completely screwed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm cautiously optimistic about Saturday. SKC seemed to get it's goals almost solely from significant errors from Philly. And honestly Philly was unlucky if Le Toux get the back of the net it could have easily been the reverse score. (based on the highlights anyway)

I think TFC, if they can find some forward form, and they don't get dominated in the midfield, has a real chance to pull points on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully Nelsen uses all 3 subs this time. Might as well give Agbossoumonde some game time, Califf really started to slow down in the 2nd half last time out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Agree with the lineup in the OP, but I'd start Welshman over Lambe. Lambe was once again indifferent in his influence on the game. I'd give Welshman 65 minutes to see what he can do.

Also, Bennett on the bench instead of T. Morgan. Nothing against Morgan, I just want to see if Bennett can make an impact with his speed up top in the final 10 minutes against tired legs. I have a feeling Bennett may be better suited to a subsitute's role than Morgan.

Bekker in CM is the key here. If Nelsen can teach him to play the box to box role well, our creativity will improve immensely. Having Silva and Bekker linking up through the middle can do wonders for our attack, it's vital we get them both on the field at the same time. Bekker just needs to be aware he doesn't push up too far. If he can adapt well to the role we'll have Roger Espinoza 2.0 on our hands.

I'm calling a 1-1 draw. Earnshaw scores.
    Not so sure about Bekker playing box to box role. I haven't seen a lot of him to be honest but what I have, I reckon his best role is an attacking mid role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Not so sure about Bekker playing box to box role. I haven't seen a lot of him to be honest but what I have, I reckon his best role is an attacking mid role
    I would tend to agree... keep him in an attacking role now and use Ceasar, russel, and dunfield as the DM's;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    I'm not dead set on having him as a box to box, but I'd like to see us try it out (if Silva is fit). There were times Saturday when I thought he could've either passed or ran the ball forward into space, but seemed a little reluctant and settled for holding possession. I just wonder if he might be more of a distributor in central midfield, who can push up and finish the odd chance when it appears. It would give us the ability to start Silva and him week in and week out, rather than swapping between them.

If I'm not mistaken he was deployed as a typical central midfielder in the national team friendlies against Denmark and the U.S. and seemed to do pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I think we will see:

------------Bendik
    ----------Cesar
    -----------------Russell
    ------------Earnshaw

Bekker in place of Silva if he is still injured, and Dunfield in place of Cesar if he is still injured. Experience in the middle of the park for this one I think (although Russells lack of familiarity and MLS experience is a question mark)

I could also see this happening - coaches seem to rate Dunfield, and he will be more fit than Cesar.

------------Bendik
    ----------Russell
    -----------------Dunfield
    ------------Earnshaw

I also would not be surprised to see Dunfield - Cesar in the middle due to having more time train together and both having MLS experience.

Earnshaw and Ephraim will have had time to shake the jetlag and travel fatigue, but still a long way to go to integrate with the team.
    Last edited by brad; 03-05-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you guys are being optimistic. SKC is a level above Vancouver with Zusi moving through our backline at will and Collin mugging our forwards. I forsee a 3-0 TFC loss on Saturday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see anybody moving through our back line at will last week, even when we had no idea how to get possession back in the second half. Not sure why Zusi should be any different, if we remain organized.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    TFC just sent out an email to SSH talking about a March to Skydome starting at Maple Leaf Square at 12:15.

Plan now official: http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...game-meetup!!!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I didn't see anybody moving through our back line at will last week, even when we had no idea how to get possession back in the second half. Not sure why Zusi should be any different, if we remain organized.
    it's not just Zusi. it's also Feilhaber and Rosell who can also make a pass.

Although SKC struggled a bit in 1st half of their game vs Philly, it's going to be even tougher, high pressure football from SKC who is way better organized than Vancouver

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure there is a logical reason, and probably has been discussed behind the scenes, but wouldn't it be best for both TFC and RPB (and other groups) to march together to make it more massive?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^Isn't that the plan? I can't speak for other SGs as to what they're doing, but I think Simcoe Park is meant to be the rallying point since not everyone will be at Gretzky's.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    I'm sure there is a logical reason, and probably has been discussed behind the scenes, but wouldn't it be best for both TFC and RPB (and other groups) to march together to make it more massive?
    Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    ^Isn't that the plan? I can't speak for other SGs as to what they're doing, but I think Simcoe Park is meant to be the rallying point since not everyone will be at Gretzky's.
    Lads this is how it went last year and will continue to be.

The club will do one thing and the SGs another. There's definitely room for 2 March's.

All are welcome both but some feel "more welcome" at a club sponsored event or a supporters "get together".

Variety- The spice of life.

Gretzky's at 11am
    Simcoe Park 12:30 for the march!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Variety- The spice of life.
    FFS - here I thought it was 'table-salt'...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cashed in my RRSP's so i can afford a pint or two at Gretzky's. False Home Opener is finally here!!