Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay a win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's that weird thing I'm feeling?

It's strange... I can't remember feeliing it for a long time.

Oh ya... it's the feeling of

V I C T O R Y !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take the win. Haven't had that feeling for way tooooooooooo long.

1st half was good. able to go head to head with a great possession and speedy team. 2nd half was definitely outplayed. couple players can't last full 90 and still need to work on mental focus and alertness, hope Nelson can sort that side out, Bostock, Earnshaw are great. Lambe upped his game. Morgan had an average outing. Ephraim was okay then faded away. Terry hanged in there, Hall was alright. If we had a full healthy mid (Ephraim - Silva - Bekkar - Bostock) with options (Hall, Dunfield, Caesar, Osorio, Lambe) we'll be darn good and competitive.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to practice my front flip/ el matador for next week's beer league game! Hopefully i don't rupture my only descended testicle.
    Last edited by Gazza; 03-09-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great first half. Bostock was fantastic. The kid has skills. Earnshaw is such a goal poacher! He will score a load inthe MLS. I'm concerned if they keep playing him alone up front. A 5ft 8 guy isn't going to hold the ball up top on his own. That was where we were going wrong all second half. Somebody...ANYBODY, needed to hold the ball at least at the hald way line, and try and keep possession. Earnshaw isn't that type of player. Where Bostock was great in the first half, his lack of defensive capability showed in the second half. Kansas worked that out and constantly worked their left wing, Eckersley did well to keep them at bay, but Bostock needed to get stuck in and that just isn't his game.

Kansas "probably" deserved a draw by their second half. But I'll take it. It took ten games to get a point last season! We are well ahead this season! Congrats Nelson on your first win as a football manager. Well deserved!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to see Earnshaw, Bostock and Bekker linking up, but on proper grass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Can't wait to see Earnshaw, Bostock and Bekker linking up, but on proper grass.
    How about Silva too? I'm not sure how we are going to play all these guys! But we have GOOD options now, something we haven't had in a long long time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feels fucking good.

Bostock was great. If this is what I can expect every game, someone get me Plata's address, I'll send him a postcard.

Earnshaw also very clinical. You could tell he had quality from the Vancouver game and he showed it today.

Hall and Dunfield in midfield still needs to change in my opinion. Not that anyone made much of an impact in the second half, but I think Julio Cesar really would've helped us in that situation. I also think we need a bit of a mentality shift, if we keep having poor second halves like that it's gonna come back to bite us. Instead of expecting the push from the opposition in the second half and trying to deflect it, we need to meet it halfway with our own pressure.

The good news about the second half though is obviously we only gave up one goal, and on a bit of a fluky play as well, with Califf out of position and running back after being cautioned. The telling stat of the day though is we only conceded one shot on target, the goal (also a post off a header but that technically doesn't count as a shot on target). For all their pressure, SKC only managed to get one chance where we didn't have at least one player breathing down their neck to put them off. No question at all that we're far better organized defensively this year. A tip of my hat to Nelsen for that.

And just to top if off: We were the only team not picked for even a draw this week by MLSsoccer.com. Boom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well deserved victory. We now have the quality to have a legitimate chance to earn a result on any given day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Well deserved victory. We now have the quality to have a legitimate chance to earn a result on any given day.
    ...and with the development we all know is ahead of us I am very excited. Who knows the possibilities! Returning players, better fitness and chemistry is all in the next few games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great to get a win in a "work in progress" game. Pretty lucky though. That first goal was a turf goal (not that Earnshaw didn't do well to capitalize, think I saw Cunningham miss on at least 5 of those types of plays). Haven't seen much luck break our way in these parts, so I will take it.

Kudos to the team for making some key KC guys (Feilhaber, Besler) non factors. We had trouble with Zusi though. We were very compact in defence. Which was great, until KC figured us out in the second half and started getting the ball wide. Then we got pulled apart repeatedly.

I have not been impressed by O'Dea but that foul in the 4th added minute, that was a special play. A terrific professional foul. Little game saving thing.

Think we have to be careful about simulation. Bostock really sold that PK. Ecks deserved a booking for falling down in the box.

Feeling a lot better about moving RJ and Hassli. Not as worried about where the goals are coming from!
    Last edited by ensco; 03-09-2013 at 04:40 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE have to be careful about simulation? Oh man, Kansas were diving all over the place! I want to give them football oscars for their acting today! And even worse, the ref was falling for it every single time! That ref needed to swallow his whistle, it was seriously ruining the game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't believe how decently they're playing given how quickly the roster was thrown together. They backed off way too much in the second half, but overall they're actually worth watching. Amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HuTor View Post
    Not everybody lives in Canada, or not even the US...

MLS Live plus this service: www.unblock-us.com

Gets you the games streamed in HD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to say I'm relatively impressed. If we can get a win or two like this, it will go a long way towards keeping people's patience over the course of what's going to be a rebuilding year.

Impressed with our organization defensively for sure. Need to get in better shape and not drop back so far in the second half, but otherwise I liked what I saw.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best of all, we didn't beat the pre-Kreis RSL 18 game record for suckitude across seasons, and probably never will.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to see Cesar play in place of Hall/Dunfield.
    Osorio slipped and fell more than anyone I've ever seen in a 10 minute appearance.

Right now TFC needs to avoid a CB injury.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    MLS Live plus this service: www.unblock-us.com

Gets you the games streamed in HD.
    If this works, then I will have to E-mail you a beer. Have tried something like this before, but never could manage to get the damn thing to work. Maybe that's in part because it was a free service, whereas this might better do the trick.

Agree with ag futbol, above me, here; great shape and an impressive showing for a squad thrown together so quickly. In my mind, I was always having Bostock fit in wide right, in a 4-2-3-1 formation, so as to keep Silva and Ephraim in the side (for me, Silva always disappears out wide, due to his lack of pace); was interesting to see how Nelson utilized the options he had, especially where Hall was concerned (as highlighted by jloome).

It's just so refreshing and I went disco over here, after the goals. I think we got sucked into a few silly scuffles, resulting from their frustration; was impressed with O'Dea trying to set a good example, by brushing off Zusi's clear attempt to get under his skin -- as a captain should. Tidy that up a bit and we don't concede that goal. On that note: how about that Bendik kid?

TFC!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone see Bostock after the match? He went over to a little kid in the front row on the first base side and gave the kid his shirt. I was worried he would come in here with a bit of an attitude that was pure class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Bostock as our best option wide right in the 4-2-3-1. It also moves Lambe over to the left, which I think may be better. He was more effective today on the left than he's been since preseason on the right. We can have Ephraim and Lambe rotating on the left.

Salivating at the prospect of Silva playing in the hole along with the guys we've got now. Hopefully Silva can at least get some minutes as a sub next week.

I think one of Hall and Dunfield will still get the start in central midfield against Montreal, with the other losing out to Julio Cesar. Would still like to see what Bekker can do from a deeper role but I can't see Nelsen pulling both Hall and Dunfield after this win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuliquE View Post
    On that note: how about that Bendik kid?
    Love Bendik's command of the box and he deals with crosses/corners really well. He might give Frei a run for the #1 spot.

Dunfield and Hall have given some respectable performances at CM - probably better than anyone expected. Having said that, they should be subs rather than starters. Looking forward to Cesar regaining fitness.

Bostock and Earnshaw are really fun to watch.

Kudos to Nelsen, he's getting the most out of a patchwork squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy with the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow we still beat on of the best teams with a team with Bekker not being 100 % and silva and Cesar both not playing. Great job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    Wow we still beat on of the best teams with a team with Bekker not being 100 % and silva and Cesar both not playing. Great job
    don't forget frei and koevs injuries as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    don't forget frei and koevs injuries as well
    I still think Frei's our #1, but at this point I see know reason to bench Bendik. He seems to be a solid keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great win. I was impressed by the composure of a lot of the new guys.

I hate the sit back and take pressure mentality that we employed in the second half but it worked out okay.

Yes...we embellished. Just like all other teams that want to win. I don't care if our players do it as long as they don't act like they've been shot.

Feel the foul, sell the call.

No diving (which we had a couple of too). That's bush league shit.

Good game. Pleasantly surprised. On to the next one.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome match, bit my nails. Started in the 100s, moved to 200s for the second half and had a way better time. Earnshaw and Bostock were great and the O'Dea tackle that earned him the yellow probably saved us the win. Cant wait for next week and off for some Boddingtons and maybe the Van game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good 1st half
    Scary second half
    Good crowd
    All promising

On to Montreal.

Come on you Reds!

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unreal.

Didn't realize until i got home and watched the highlights that Earnshaw did the flip twice. lol what a beaut.

Overall good game I thought. Played smart and limited chances against. Mental lapse for the goal against, nobody covered for Califf who was late to get back. nice finish by their striker.

Bostock looks good, as does Earnshaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    who was in charge of that kiwi crossing sign? major respect for that one.
    that banner was done by emigre from usector.