Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Did you bother looking at the thread title before posting?

This isn't trivia, it's about ticket pricing and how you treat your customers (especially SSHs). I didn't renew in part because of this.

How about you decide what you think is important, and I'll decide what's important for me. Sound good? That'll save you the necessity of providing smug lectures.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Molinaro tweeted that it was time they moved Chivas.... enough already, and that was based on the announced attendance!With Chivas it's much worse, because even out of the tickets distributed, a huge percentage of theirs are given away.
    Anyone catch Alexei Lalas' rant at HT during the Portland/Shite Bulls game re: Chivas? Said their transfer policies during the offseason border on being racist.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me there are two issues

a) MLS inflating its attendence and then crowing about how big it is

b) the dome game should/could have been sold better

Both are worth pointing out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ^Did you bother looking at the thread title before posting?

This isn't trivia, it's about ticket pricing and how you treat your customers (especially SSHs). I didn't renew in part because of this.

How about you decide what you think is important, and I'll decide what's important for me. Sound good? That'll save you the necessity of providing smug lectures.

If there is one yr to not complain about ticket prices for Season ticket holders, it's this one surely. We have year 1 pricing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    If there is one yr to not complain about ticket prices for Season ticket holders, it's this one surely. We have year 1 pricing.
    Word. Even if the product has been crap, the pricing now reflects that.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Anyone catch Alexei Lalas' rant at HT during the Portland/Shite Bulls game re: Chivas? Said their transfer policies during the offseason border on being racist.
    We live in a world with all kinds of fucked up rules about hiring X amount of Y races, even if they are the inferior hire you seemingly need to have Z%. It's all bloody insane.

Now we have a football club that essentially is latino only + Dan Kennedy? We get fed this bullshit labour law excuse as to why they can't have Canadians on American teams more easily... (I mean how fucking hard is it for MLS to make up a 2 Canadian player slot rule for American clubs? Who the fuck says we have to change their labour status? BULLSHIT GARBER).....and yet they allow a bloody foreign team? (that nobody even gives a shit about. Half the reported 7K were giveaways)

I want more people, media/broadcasters/etc, to ride Garber about some of this bullshit. He's taken the league to great heights and that's impressive, but his shady nature is really showing these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Word. Even if the product has been crap, the pricing now reflects that.
    No, it most emphatically does not.

TFC seasons are still amongst the highest in the league.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it most emphatically does not.

TFC seasons are still amongst the highest in the league.
    This season? Renewals in the supporter this year were $190 for the 19-game package (or 20 games if you include Montreal). That's $10 a game. $228 in light-grey ($12 a game). I don't think any professional soccer team in the country offered renewals that cheap this season - including Edmonton. I'm having problems finding another MLS team that cheap - I'm sure some were ... but I'd hardly say that ours were among the highest in the league this season, for those renewing.

And seasons are such a bargain this year compared to buying at the box office. That $10 per game becomes $29 per game for regular games and $43 for the (5?) premium games, making face about $615 this year in supporters (ignoring the $165+ of Ticketmaster fees).

There's a lot we can criticize the club for. A lot! But I don't think 2013 season ticket prices is one of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    ... It's almost like you're amazed that the FO might be a bit dodgy. All professional teams spin, that's the way the world works.... so what if we have 20k as oppossed to 25k or whatever, we have a lot bigger fish to fry re our club right now than disputing how many people actually attend games.Pick your battles lads, this isn't one of them.
    Burlington - you are dead wrong. The ethical conduct of this organization has been a huge part of the problem in the past six years. Your attitude of "that's the way the world works" and "bigger fish to fry" is the type of short term thinking that has us where we are today. Attendance means, by any reasonable definition "those who ATTEND". Ensco is spot on - the out and out obvious lies in the past on attendance and waiting list are among the most public indicators of the integrity of the organization. Inflating your numbers a couple of K thru give aways can be chaulked up to marketing "puffing" and nobody would probably know or care. The whoppers last year were beyond the pale - I counted at one of our games last year and came up with between 5K-6K on announced of around 18K - utter BS (my count included the 45 RPB's lined up in the washroom). I like to be associated with enterprises that are honest and have integrity. Just because you don't care if you are lied to, over and over again, doesn't mean that the rest of us don't care. We have come a long way in the past 4 months, in terms of lifting the integrity and reputation of this team - Bierne was the "face" of the old regime - they should get him to pack his reputation into a Barbie suitcase and replace him with someone who will shoot a lot straighter than he ever has. I get it that the "attendance issue" is a league problem - perhaps our organization should stand up and be counted on this issue (hardly any pun intended)

To answer the thread - no the dome will not be packed, 32K distributed tickets, 18000 actually at the game. The bigger issue will be the real home opener at BMO - lets hope for decent weather to get folk out!
    Last edited by tiberius; 03-04-2013 at 11:08 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the main issues is the club has priced out most of its walk up crowd. As a light grey SSH, I feel that this year I am getting fair value. In fact with the free jersey I consider the season a steal. But, my ticket to the Dome opener has a face value of 55 dollars. My friend has a 6 year old son who is really into soccer. If he were to log into ticketmaster and consider buying a pair he'd be out $110, before fees, parking, food, etc. Thats not how you reach new audiences.
    The club inflated their numbers last season. I agree with the above prediction that the crowd will be around 20K, but they will announce 28-30. The home opener at BMO will be full, the question is how will the crowds hold up in the summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people really want ticket to the game check stubhub.... tickets as low as 9 per seat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    This season? Renewals in the supporter this year were $190 for the 19-game package (or 20 games if you include Montreal). That's $10 a game. $228 in light-grey ($12 a game). I don't think any professional soccer team in the country offered renewals that cheap this season - including Edmonton. I'm having problems finding another MLS team that cheap - I'm sure some were ... but I'd hardly say that ours were among the highest in the league this season, for those renewing.

And seasons are such a bargain this year compared to buying at the box office. That $10 per game becomes $29 per game for regular games and $43 for the (5?) premium games, making face about $615 this year in supporters (ignoring the $165+ of Ticketmaster fees).

There's a lot we can criticize the club for. A lot! But I don't think 2013 season ticket prices is one of them.
    Supporters pricing is a small fraction of the picture. Plus, those seats/prices are mostly unavailable to the public.

Like I said, some people just want to believe.

I don't have the energy to find the threads where people did the work, but most of the seats are still at the top end. Here's a story I found in 10 seconds of searching that has MLSE confirming the point at the time of the 2013 pricing announcement:

"TFC ticket prices remain near the top of MLS teams, the MLSE president acknowledged."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4621019/
    Last edited by ensco; 03-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You misread the article. Anselmi admitted that TFC prices were among the highest for the 2012 season. They couldn't cut prices by 20% and still be the one of the highest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"TFC ticket prices remain near the top of MLS teams, the MLSE president acknowledged."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4621019/
    That seems to be in the discussion of single ticket prices (which is quite true); I wouldn't read too much definitive into the paragraph structure of a CP article; the actual pricing that is out there is pretty clear that Toronto's season tickets weren't particularly expensive this year.

I'd presume that unlike most MLS teams, the majority of TFC tickets are sold as seasons, or in packages - and I'd expect that single tickets would remain expensive.

Which is unfortunate, as it does discourage walk-up buyers, that's true, and that's a problem. And probably does more to make the scalpers happy than anything else - as they can sell their $29 face tickets in supporters for $15 and still make a healthy profit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know if the Rogers Centre will be packed, but I'm sure looking forward to the Budweiser (C) tifo!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    ^ You misread the article. Anselmi admitted that TFC prices were among the highest for the 2012 season. They couldn't cut prices by 20% and still be the one of the highest.
    The quote is a bit ambiguous. But I don't think he said what you are saying either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of free tickets seem to be up for grabs in contests.
    Should help attendance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    Lots of free tickets seem to be up for grabs in contests.
    Should help attendance.
    You can give a Torontonian a ticket, but you cannot make them come...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: Usually I buy my tickets from ticketBastard however, it's not going to sold out. Will they be selling tickets at the Rogers Centre and is it worth it just to walkup?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Question: Usually I buy my tickets from ticketBastard however, it's not going to sold out. Will they be selling tickets at the Rogers Centre and is it worth it just to walkup?
    Why walk up and get hosed on the pricing? You can get good lower bowl tickets on stubhub for less that $10 a ticket! They have over 600 tickets available...
    Last edited by tiberius; 03-04-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got two in the supporters section and 5 in the upper deck. Didn't think I would land ss tickets so got them in 519 just in case.

Im happy, now I just need to find a few people without plans on Saturday willing to come up from niagara.

Oh well, don't care. I got two in 123. Happy as can be.
    Something something TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ON StubHub, ticket prices are very cheap for section 142, 141, etc. Which section will be the most loud and passionate throughout the game? That's where I want to bring my voice!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakht View Post
    ON StubHub, ticket prices are very cheap for section 142, 141, etc. Which section will be the most loud and passionate throughout the game? That's where I want to bring my voice!
    116-127

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checking ticketmaster day before the game.

Not too much left in the most expensive seats, could only find in pairs, or 3's.
    Middle deck still has pockets of 4, probably a few with a bit more.

Not going to be like last year. Hope I'm wrong

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larson tweeted that the club expects about 26,000 for this game. Decent crowd.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just some notes - club used to say the scanned number. That changed a few years ago, its now the sold number. You may hear 21000 at BMO but only really see 16000. The only 'honest' games would be the CCL as they are not necessarily automatically pushed to all seasons holders.

As long as the lower bowl is rocking tomrrow I will be pretty happy.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Just some notes - club used to say the scanned number. That changed a few years ago, its now the sold number. You may hear 21000 at BMO but only really see 16000. The only 'honest' games would be the CCL as they are not necessarily automatically pushed to all seasons holders.

As long as the lower bowl is rocking tomrrow I will be pretty happy.
    One of the champions league games last year had an announced crowd of just over 5K

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ that was an honest number
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

238 tickets on stubhub today... most of those will end up as empty seats, plus some SSH will just not show up.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Just some notes - club used to say the scanned number. That changed a few years ago, its now the sold number.
    Is there evidence of that? We had MLS attendances announced at BMO as low as 14,600 last season - however all evidence is that the season tickets sold exceed that, let alone partial packs, single game sales, etc.

We had other games last season, where you could see that the single seat sales (the tops of certain sections, the 104 away section) were packed, but everywhere else empty, and yet we only had 18K announced - where you'd think actual tickets sold was over 20K.

I'm not saying the announced number is the real scanned number. But neither do I think it's simply the sold number.