Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Thanks. That's still quite a bit more turnover for TFC though. We need more stability, at least in the core 11-15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just in case this hadn't been mentioned in here

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN
    CORRECTION: Earnshaw signed on loan through July. "We'll see then," he said. Enjoying the here and now. #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd that it was reported as a loan, then corrected to be a permanent move, and now back to a loan... but okay then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really looking forward to seeing this guy match fit with guys like Julio Cesar, Luis Silva, and Kyle Bekker feeding him the ball. This could be very promising and when Danny K comes back...this could be an impressive combination!

Solid moves by Kevin Payne. Ryan Nelsen played it safe and smart in Vancouver...which is more than what could be said about our previous manager (but enough about him...he's history!). This could very well be a season to remember, for the right reasons!
    ...I say this with all sorts of cautious and skeptical enthusiasm and optimism.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Based on his last loan experience, I can see why Earnshaw is taking a wait-and-see approach. But I hope he sticks with us for the longer haul (providing of course he is able to stick a few in the ol' onion bag). I don't think he'll be in Cardiff's plans anytime soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just remember, Vancouver also had seem key player turnover last year, including during the season. But agreed that TFC has consistently had WAY too much of a revolving door for coaches/management/players, all three of those things related, pretty well since the beginning. Which is why some folks have to chill the eff out, and let Payne & Co. do their thing for a while. I have no idea how good Payne/Nelsen will be, but we have to wait for a while to see.

Personally I'm relieved that Earnshaw is on loan, that's more in line with what Payne promised recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert Earnshaw was named MLS player of the week today.

Well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^And one of the nicest goals I ever saw a TFC player score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw must be thinking this league's a piece of cake. Walk in without match fitness and not having played for a few months and win player of the week in your second game? Nothing to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    While Earnshaw is a better player, don't forget Javier Martina also scored a brace in his home debut.
    Yes, but other than that, there's no comparison between those two footballers in terms of their playing resume and overall pedigree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

javier martina is unsigned right now at 26 for a damn good reason. look up his record, I dont know if my stats are wrong
    but I dont think he scored more than 4 goals in his professional life. 2 were for us and the other 2 were for u20 netherlands.
    this man earnshaw scored 15 goals in 32 apps in 2010 for cardiff. In 2009 he got 12 goals in 30 apps.
    in 2007 he scored 19 goals in 30 apps for norwich city. whats left to say.
    I went to the game this weekend and this guy has more strikers instinct and speed for a forward than anyone I've ever seen wear the kit.
    alot of fans want to rip players because they come from as they call it "2nd and 3rd leagues overseas"
    make no mistake, a striker who's been a regular starter for a championship team recently is one hell of a gift for a MLS team to happen upon.
    Last edited by dutch; 03-12-2013 at 03:09 AM. Reason: spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    While Earnshaw is a better player, don't forget Javier Martina also scored a brace in his home debut.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    this man earnshaw scored 15 goals in 32 apps in 2010 for cardiff. In 2009 he got 12 goals in 30 apps. in 2007 he scored 19 goals in 30 apps for norwich city. whats left to say. I went to the game this weekend and this guy has more strikers instinct and speed for a forward than anyone I've ever seen wear the kit. alot of fans want to rip players because they come from as they call it "2nd and 3rd leagues overseas" make no mistake, a striker who's been a regular starter for a championship team recently is one hell of a gift for a MLS team to happen upon.
    Agreed, especially the last bit. That's why I was happy to hear we'd signed him. I realize a lot of people might not necessarily closely follow the Championship, but my club's been at that level or lower for the last decade, so I'm well aware of what Earnie can do (as he himself has mostly played at that level, with a bit of time in the Prem). As I said somewhere else on here, I honestly believe he might bring the most footballing pedigree out of any strikers we've had, and maybe the most outside any player we've had (bar Frings and DeRo.) Sure, he's on the wrong side of 30, but not by much, he's eager to prolong his international career with Wales, and so could be an astute signing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know its a bit old thread, but i had to find someplace to comment about this great player.
    he played in my team (MTA) 2 months ago, and was released after we had to get place for a different foreign striker (in israel you can have only 5 foreign players in a team)

anywayz this guy is incredible, he doesnt have much skills, he is not the wisest, but he is still the biggest fighter i've ever seen, the fire in him when he is already 31 and passed almost everything in the football world is incredible.

ilove this guy so much, i used to visit him every week during training sessions of the team. he is one big heart, and i hope he will bring our beloved TFC to a good season.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, we are loving him so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Love it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Agreed, especially the last bit. That's why I was happy to hear we'd signed him. I realize a lot of people might not necessarily closely follow the Championship, but my club's been at that level or lower for the last decade, so I'm well aware of what Earnie can do (as he himself has mostly played at that level, with a bit of time in the Prem). As I said somewhere else on here, I honestly believe he might bring the most footballing pedigree out of any strikers we've had, and maybe the most outside any player we've had (bar Frings and DeRo.) Sure, he's on the wrong side of 30, but not by much, he's eager to prolong his international career with Wales, and so could be an astute signing.
    I think Koevs is a bit better, he has really good game sense too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I think Koevs is a bit better, he has really good game sense too.
    I can't say for sure but I think although DK has a better nose for the net (not by much but he does), Earnshaw better understands that role he plays as first defender on the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope posting here is not out of turn, but thought appropriate since this just went up

ENBSports just wrote something on Earnshaw and there's some good points in there to back up IsrTfc

EARNSHAW EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS SHOULD NOT SURPRISE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, before he joined TFC, this year he scored 2 winning goals (his only goals this year) for MTA bringing us 6 points by hismelf.

02:35 in this video

05:03 in this vide

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can you bet on MLS players?

What are the Odds on Robbie scoring v Dallas?

Link please.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.