Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw 10+ goals this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    And TFC is not? I think we'll probably see his Derby production this year. And boy, it's shaping up to be a long and depressing one.
    I was really just taking shots at Derby...Have friend who is a supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I liken Earnshaw to Chad Barrett with a nose for goal. I hope my expectations aren't too high.
    Believe me Gazza - Robert Earnshaw is much better player than Chad Barrett! Barret was all huff & puff but without the finesse to finish - Earnshore can score with his eyes closed
    against MLS level defenders.

I can't believe how many doubters there are on here - this guy knows where the goal is. Don't worry about "he's not as fast as he used to be.." DUH!!!

"Earnie" as he's affectionately known, is a goal poacher extrardinaire a la Michael Owen. He can be on for 85 mins without a sniff, then gets once chance and buries it.

We've been crying out for a high class, top level striker since Day One... and now he's arrived. Guaranteed 15-20 goals from the man this season.

You have "WOMBAT's WORD" and that's golden.
    Last edited by Wombat; 03-01-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    Believe me Gazza - Robert Earnshaw is much better player than Chad Barrett! Barret was al huff & puff ut without the finesse to finish - Earnshore can score with his eyes closed
    against MLS level defenders.

I can't believe how many doubters there are on here - this guy knows where the goal is. Don't worry about "he's not as fast as he used to be.." DUH!!!

"Earnie" as he's affectionately known, is a goal poacher extrardinaire a la Michael Owen. He can be on for 85 mins without a sniff, then gets once chance and buries it.

We've been crying out for a high class, top level striker since Day One... and now he's arrived. Guaranteed 15-20 goals from the man this season.

You have "WOMBAT's WORD" and that's golden.
    That's why i said "Chad Barrett with a nose for goal." Chad Barrett with a nose for the net would be a pretty damn good player in this league. Barrett could get himself into great scoring positions but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door.

I'm happy with the signing.
    Last edited by Gazza; 03-01-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'll eat this league up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    He'll eat this league up
    Now TFC has cemented itself as burial ground for second rate UK semi-retired rejects. I thought Payne was looking to unfold the old map to reveal a few other continents and Countries; "Argentine striker" heading our way soon? What kills me are the assumptions that TFC is actually improving by embracing these bums, when in reality all we are witnessing are new bums replacing old ones. This team never gets better but it works real hard at being the same, year after yer. Good luck to this guy, we will sure miss him in the fall or winter or summer, whenever the current mgmt decides a new bum is needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based off of a purely illogical desperation to not be terrible, I have a good feeling about this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many forwards from England have we taken in previously,that proved to be a bust in MLS...? I actually dont know.
    The guy has alot on his resume, He CHOSE to come here, you cant replicate desire.
    What was our options before he and ephraim showed up?...
    Did anyone not see it coming that A) we would sign alot more England based players
    B) as much as we thought the cupboards were bare, there was a reason payne and nelson were flying all over the world 2 weeks away from first match. Im happy with the signings.
    Still waiting for word on the argentinian DP. I have trust in management for the first time in my life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy hasn't even had a chance to play, yet you are already writing him off. This supporters site is unreal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koev's and Earnshaw up front would be quite an interesting comdination, if we ever get them playing together. That looks like a strike partnership with a wad of goals in it!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    The guy hasn't even had a chance to play, yet you are already writing him off. This supporters site is unreal.
    true enough, we have such a high opinion of ourselves, it's almost some fans don't want the team to be successful,..everyone's a coach and critic..lol. Discussion is needed and fun but people actually thinking they are more knowledgeable than those being paid to do the job kill me.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Haters going to hate.............

It's difficult to find just the right troll related post. But I think that this one comes close.....

"Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let me get this straight. The new coach and General Manager have done back flips to draft young domestic local talent (including stealing one who had been widely forcast as a first rounder but for some reason fell to the supplemental draft). Net result, we have a good number of young, skillfull rookies with the potential to be in this league for a long time. In addition they come away with a bagful of allocation cash plus they then recover two of three DP slots (luck or skill, it doesn't matter). Finally, they bring in skilled, experienced vets with strong pedigrees who can help the team during a period of transition (including a striker who has scored well for every team he has played for and who has received glowing reviews from the supporters of his last club). Yet despite all of the above, some of the 'brain trust' that frequents this board has decided that, because they couldn't pull the second coming of Messi out of their hats, that all is lost, and they have clearly failed in their mission - all before the first kick. Give your heads a shake!

Will we struggle for the first part of the season? More than likely. It will take a while for everyone to jell. But from where I stand, this a significantly different team from the one that broke all of our hearts last year, and I'm willing to give both the players and management the time to grow into the team we want them to be.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear kevin payne and ryan nelsen

Please dont listen or read this board. Do whatever you feel is necessary because whatever you do, you will get lynched here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Now TFC has cemented itself as burial ground for second rate UK semi-retired rejects. I thought Payne was looking to unfold the old map to reveal a few other continents and Countries; "Argentine striker" heading our way soon? What kills me are the assumptions that TFC is actually improving by embracing these bums, when in reality all we are witnessing are new bums replacing old ones. This team never gets better but it works real hard at being the same, year after yer. Good luck to this guy, we will sure miss him in the fall or winter or summer, whenever the current mgmt decides a new bum is needed.
    How is Rob Earnshaw "a bum"?

Did I miss something here?

Missing the point of the critique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    How is Rob Earnshaw "a bum"?

Did I miss something here?

Missing the point of the critique.
    Listen, I don't begrudge the players desire or ambition or motivation. Why I call them bums is that these players struggle in second and third rated leagues and have consistently demonstrated (with a few exceptions-Cunningham, Dichio), ineptitude in league play where MLS competition increasingly shows signs of improvement. Hence, the gaping mouth surprise by supporters when the team is blown off the pitch game in and game out. After 7 years of this crap one would have hoped for more. The team should be recruiting star quality from second tier or lower EPL or Serie A and not this continual reliance on players who offer little more than the guy they replace.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen, I don't begrudge the players desire or ambition or motivation. Why I call them bums is that these players struggle in second and third rated leagues and have consistently demonstrated (with a few exceptions-Cunningham, Dichio), ineptitude in league play where MLS competition increasingly shows signs of improvement. Hence, the gaping mouth surprise by supporters when the team is blown off the pitch game in and game out. After 7 years of this crap one would have hoped for more. The team should be recruiting star quality from second tier or lower EPL or Serie A and not this continual reliance on players who offer little more than the guy they replace.
    Except you are missing the fact that Earnshaw has been a proven scorer at every level he has played at, minus the prem..... ephram and bostock are both guys who have traveled a lot due to being owned by clubs with big fluxing rosters, I would hardly call these guys rejects, these are just the types of players that fall through the cracks sometimes in the english game especially
    Side before self, every time - The one and only Billy Bremner
    Supporting TFC and Leeds United : Never a dull moment

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Rodgers. 10 goals in one season with NYRB. Signed from League 2 Notts County
    Adam Moffat. Houston signed him IIRC from D2 Cleveland. Before that, he played for Elgin City in Scottish First Division.

My point? you never know. Playing resumes are a good starter to get an indication, but never the complete picture of how good a player might be for the team. In plenty of cases, guys with good playing resumes blew chunks in MLS
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Luke Rodgers. 10 goals in one season with NYRB. Signed from League 2 Notts County
    Adam Moffat. Houston signed him IIRC from D2 Cleveland. Before that, he played for Elgin City in Scottish First Division.

My point? you never know. Playing resumes are a good starter to get an indication, but never the complete picture of how good a player might be for the team. In plenty of cases, guys with good playing resumes blew chunks in MLS
    I hope you are right. I am no "troll". I am influenced by facts, you know, the facts such as Robert, Samuels, Hasili, Mista, and so many others. The revolving door that is TFC player recruitment is embarrassing, so it is a bit unfair to blame me and others for the pessimism. Again, maybethis year will be different, we will find out really, really soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny how a so called second rate Uk reject was the player who bossed the game. Reo Coker owned the midfield.He was playing for Ipswich last season. Experienced international players are needed to help us develop our young players. Give the lad a few games and then give an opinion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being influenced by facts is a good thing. But there are levels of proof. In the case of players who we have not seen play against MLS level teams, actually seeing how they perform is always a better level of proof. Especially when you are going to use said proof to judge a whole new TFC regime.

In my estimation, Earnshaw is neither a saviour striker nor is he a Jeff Cunningham. He requires service of a certain type, to his feet, preferably from wide positions. Right now we only seem to have one player able and willing to do that well - Ephraim. Lambe ain't gonna cut it. We'll see if Payne gets us another winger. I suspect he will.

Playing Earnshaw and Koevs at the same time would give us a varied attack, something we have never really had. It would be nice to be able to see all our possible assets, at full strength, before we start jumping up and down on this regime as same as the old ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy played one game and unfit, chill the fuck out. Fuck sakes. Im gonna.repeat, ONE FUCKING GAME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listened to KJ and Sharms podcast and apparently Cardiff has paid out his salary until June meaning his cap hit is relatively small, 150k max.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Spot on man! Players arrive at a new club with a clean slate, always. Their previous reputations are really irrelevant. Rodgers was just a journeyman lower level English player, and proved that a goal scorer can score goals at mostly any level! Earnshaw is a much better player than Rodgers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The English Championship is a higher level league than MLS. Calling it second rate is wrong.

Chevy does have a point though about our revolving door. The Globe had an article on the three Canadian teams on Saturday. The "In" and "Out" columns for Montreal and Vancouver were small, like two lines. for Toronto, it took up the whole page. That, in a nutshell, is what has been wrong at TFC.

I'm not sure about the Earnshaw situation either. He's been a very good player, and likely will contribute. But seeing that Cardiff has paid his salary up to June, I worry that's how long he'll be here. Once they're done paying him, it will be squarely on us. I can tell you he'll be on substantially higher wages than TFC/MLS are able to pay. I'd be surprised if he's here past June. Given how thin our roster is, maybe a rent-a-player is fine but it isn't great for team chemistry.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm not sure about the Earnshaw situation either. He's been a very good player, and likely will contribute. But seeing that Cardiff has paid his salary up to June, I worry that's how long he'll be here. Once they're done paying him, it will be squarely on us. I can tell you he'll be on substantially higher wages than TFC/MLS are able to pay. I'd be surprised if he's here past June. Given how thin our roster is, maybe a rent-a-player is fine but it isn't great for team chemistry.
    I say if he scores us bags of goals then we give him whatever he deserves by MLS standards even if that is a DP spot....if he earns it that is. I have got no problem with that if he is lighting it up. The problem has always been over paying for what we are getting. If he does mediocre then he gets offered an MLS mediocre salary in the next renegotiation. If he doesn't like it he can leave at that point. As long as they treat the situation like that I will be happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I worry that's how long he'll be here.
    Koev is scheduled to come back around the time he goes. If we play 4-4-1-1 with Silva or Bekker as the no. 10, there's no need to have a 300k player on the bench.

The issue about it being a revolving door is just the nature of MLS and lower league football. Some teams may have less turnover but it's still significant. Vancouver had 9 players leave in the offseason, we had 12 plus Frings' retirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Koev is scheduled to come back around the time he goes. If we play 4-4-1-1 with Silva or Bekker as the no. 10, there's no need to have a 300k player on the bench.

The issue about it being a revolving door is just the nature of MLS and lower league football. Some teams may have less turnover but it's still significant. Vancouver had 9 players leave in the offseason, we had 12 plus Frings' retirement.
    The Globe had 14 TFC players going.

IN
    D Gale Agbossoumonde
    M Kyle Bekker
    GK Joe Bendik
    F Ashton Bennett
    F Justin Braun
    D Danny Califf
    M Julio Cesar
    F Robert Earnshaw
    F Taylor Morgan
    M Jonathan Osorio
    F Emery Welshman
    OUT
    F Quincy Amarikwa
    M Eric Avila
    D Adrian Cann
    M Oscar Cordon
    M Torsten Frings
    D Ty Harden
    F Eric Hassli
    F Ryan Johnson
    GK Milos Kocic
    F Nicholas Lindsay
    F Keith Makubuya
    M Aaron Maund
    F Joao Plata
    D Dicoy Williams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver, by comparison. Don't know if the Globe got all this right, but seeing it in the paper on Saturday it hit home.

IN:
    Nigel Reo-Coker
    Daigo Kobayashi
    Johnny Leveron
    Kekuta Manneh
    Erik Hurtado
    OUT:
    Barry Robson
    Martin Bonjour
    Dane Richards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver

IN:
    FW Paulo Jr. (12/14/12 - Re-Entry Draft Stage 2); DF Brad Rusin (1/11/13 - transfer from HB Køge); FW Kekuta Manneh (1/17/13 - SuperDraft); FW Corey Hertzog (1/23/13 - free); FW Tommy Heinemann (1/23/13 - free); MF Daigo Kobayashi (1/28/13 - free); DF Johnny Leverón (2/19/13 - free); MF Nigel Reo-Coker (2/21/13 - first right of refusal from Portland); GK Simon Thomas (2/25/13 - free)

OUT: GK Brian Sylvestre (11/8/12 - option declined); MF Tiago Ulisses (11/8/12 - option declined); FW Etienne Barbara (11/8/12 - option declined); MF Michael Nanchoff (12/3/12 - option declined); MF John Thorrington (12/3/12 - option declined); MF Atiba Harris (12/3/12 - traded to Colorado); MF Barry Robson (1/21/13 - contract terminated); DF Martín Bonjour (1/25/13 - waived); MF Michael Nanchoff (2/13/12 - trade to Portland)

Toronto

IN: FW Justin Braun (12/3/12 - trade from Real Salt Lake); GK Joe Bendik (12/12/12 - trade from Portland); DF Danny Califf (12/14/12 - Re-Entry Draft Stage 2); DF Gale Agbossoumonde (12/20/12 - weighted lottery); MF Júlio César (1/15/2013 - free); MF Kyle Bekker (1/17/13 - SuperDraft); MF Hogan Ephraim (2/27/13 - loan from Queens Park Rangers)
    OUT: DF Adrian Cann (11/15/12 - option declined); DF Ty Harden (11/15/12 - option declined); DF Dicoy Williams (11/15/12 - option declined); MF Oscar Cordon (11/15/12 - option declined); FW Nicholas Lindsay (11/15/12 - option declined); FW Keith Makubuya (11/15/12 - option declined); MF Aaron Maund (12/3/12 - traded to Real Salt Lake); MF Eric Avila (12/3/12 - out of contract); FW Ryan Johnson (12/12/12 - trade to Portland); GK Milos Kocic (12/12/12 - trade to Portland); FW Joao Plata (1/30/13 - trade to Real Salt Lake); FW Eric Hassli (2/4/13 - trade to FC Dallas); MF Torsten Frings (2/26/13 - retired)

MLS didn't add Amerikwa.